Esamir

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Esamir, a Nationstates Region.

+2
Hunhewuguo
Kaevi
6 posters

(P(I)) Prosecutor-General Appointment Resolution

Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

(P(I)) Prosecutor-General Appointment Resolution Empty (P(I)) Prosecutor-General Appointment Resolution

Post by Kaevi Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:58 am

Prosecutor-General Appointment Resolution

This resolution seeks the approval of the General Assembly members for the nation of Kaevi to take the seat of United Nations of Esamir Prosecutor-General.
    Upon approval, the nation of Kaevi shall assume the role immediately and remain in the position until resignation or removal by the Esamir General Assembly.
    As Prosecutor-General, this nation will uphold all laws of the regional government in a court of law and seek penalty for offenders of a crime if a plaintiff does not rise to the occasion.

Last edited by Kaevi on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

(P(I)) Prosecutor-General Appointment Resolution Empty Information

Post by Kaevi Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:59 am

The debate period shall now commence, ending on April 28, 2015, at 00:00 UTC. Votes cast during this time will not be counted and are discouraged.
    The debate period may be extended with a 4/5 majority from the debating nations. The author of this proposal may request an end to the debate at any time.
    All nations are encouraged to participate in the debate, but new nations may vote after a residence of one week.

The voting period will begin immediately following the expiration of the debate period.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

(P(I)) Prosecutor-General Appointment Resolution Empty Re: (P(I)) Prosecutor-General Appointment Resolution

Post by Eurasia Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:18 pm

Eurasia is curious as to why Kaevi feels that it is the best candidate for this office.
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

(P(I)) Prosecutor-General Appointment Resolution Empty Re: (P(I)) Prosecutor-General Appointment Resolution

Post by Kaevi Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:22 pm

To answer the question of Eurasia,

Kaevi has authored two particularly powerful pieces of legislation that have reformed the criminal justice system in Esamir. As the author of the resolution that defines criminal law, I feel that assuming this role would be a natural step forward in ensuring that the law is upheld. I know criminal and human rights law from every angle and would enjoy applying my knowledge of regional law in the courtroom. I have served in all branches of government to some capacity and believe that this role bridges my interests from all three.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:54 am

Eurasia is satisfied. We support this motion.
    Hunhewuguo
    Hunhewuguo
    Authority
    Authority

Post by Hunhewuguo Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:42 am

I'm sure it will sound very clear once you explain it to me, but I am not sure what this bill does. What can Kaevi do if this passes?
    Federation of Antanares
    Federation of Antanares
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Federation of Antanares Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:31 am

Antanares approves the appointment of Kaevi how Prosecutor-General. We think he would be an excellent prosecutor, considering the works that he did for the Assembly.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:51 am

Meigmaland wrote:I'm sure it will sound very clear once you explain it to me, but I am not sure what this bill does. What can Kaevi do if this passes?

The purpose of the Prosecutor-General is to essentially be the state prosecutor for Esamir. In cases where a person has violated Esamir supranational law, it is the duty of the Prosecutor-General to argue the side of the Esamir Government in a court case. Likewise, if the Esamir Government is broguht before the court, the Prosecutor-General shall speak for the defense.
    Hunhewuguo
    Hunhewuguo
    Authority
    Authority

Post by Hunhewuguo Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:41 am

Europe and Asia wrote:
    Meigmaland wrote:I'm sure it will sound very clear once you explain it to me, but I am not sure what this bill does. What can Kaevi do if this passes?

The purpose of the Prosecutor-General is to essentially be the state prosecutor for Esamir. In cases where a person has violated Esamir supranational law, it is the duty of the Prosecutor-General to argue the side of the Esamir Government in a court case. Likewise, if the Esamir Government is broguht before the court, the Prosecutor-General shall speak for the defense.

Thanks. I think it would be better for the Prosecutor-General to be chosen from a small group of nations (of which Kaevi is a part), rather than just one person. There should also be a way for someone to be removed/replaced from that group if they are not up to the task. That being said, if voting was to begin without these changes, I'd probably be for it, anyway.
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:52 am

Meigmaland wrote:Thanks. I think it would be better for the Prosecutor-General to be chosen from a small group of nations (of which Kaevi is a part), rather than just one person. There should also be a way for someone to be removed/replaced from that group if they are not up to the task. That being said, if voting was to begin without these changes, I'd probably be for it, anyway.

That idea is interesting, but the Charter would need to amended in some way to allow for multiple Prosecutors-General at one time. I suppose a workaround without an amendment could be line of succession type of system where if one of the former nations is unavailable, the next in line would automatically be selected from a list until the first in line is available.

I will begin the voting period shortly if there are no further questions.
    Hunhewuguo
    Hunhewuguo
    Authority
    Authority

Post by Hunhewuguo Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:12 am

Kaevi wrote:
    Meigmaland wrote:Thanks. I think it would be better for the Prosecutor-General to be chosen from a small group of nations (of which Kaevi is a part), rather than just one person. There should also be a way for someone to be removed/replaced from that group if they are not up to the task. That being said, if voting was to begin without these changes, I'd probably be for it, anyway.

That idea is interesting, but the Charter would need to amended in some way to allow for multiple Prosecutors-General at one time. I suppose a workaround without an amendment could be line of succession type of system where if one of the former nations is unavailable, the next in line would automatically be selected from a list until the first in line is available.

I will begin the voting period shortly if there are no further questions.

Right. I was thinking of it being more of a random decision on who is chosen, but your idea is very interesting.
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

(P(I)) Prosecutor-General Appointment Resolution Empty Voting Period

Post by Kaevi Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:03 pm

The Speaker has decided to end the debate period. The voting period shall now begin, ending on April 28, 2015, at 00:00 UTC.
    Nations may cast a vote in favor, abstention, or against. Votes of abstention will be counted as voted in favor.
    Nations who have resided in the region for at least one week may vote. The result will be decided via simple majority of total votes cast.
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:30 am

ABSTAIN
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:46 am

Eurasia votes FOR.
    Hunhewuguo
    Hunhewuguo
    Authority
    Authority

Post by Hunhewuguo Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:58 am

Meigmaland votes FOR.
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:21 pm

FOR
    UK of Zackalantis
    UK of Zackalantis
    Common State
    Common State

Post by UK of Zackalantis Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:29 pm

YES
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

(P(I)) Prosecutor-General Appointment Resolution Empty Final Results

Post by Kaevi Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:15 am

The voting period has ended and the results are as follows:

FOR (incl. ABSTAIN) - 5
    AGAINST - 0

Kaevi has been given approval by the Esamir General Assembly to take on the role of Prosecutor-General. The Speaker thanks the General Assembly members for their participation and support.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Mon May 04, 2015 9:01 am

Moved.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:11 pm