Esamir

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Esamir, a Nationstates Region.

+4
Arveyres
Duresia
Eurasia
New Tarajan
8 posters

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810)

Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810)

Post by Eurasia Sun May 24, 2015 2:03 am

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) - Page 2 A1794dd0-a812-44b9-867d-ad077b859213_zpshfctnm20

Deep inside the Imperial Palace in Urbem Sol, past vast, winding corridors and ancient rooms, four men stood brooding over a map of Terra Australis. Candles and torches that would have illuminated the lavishly furnished room stood cold and barren, the only light source coming from the sun which was slowly crawling towards the opposite horizon, casting long shadows across the floor and wall. Conversations in Eurasian drifted no further than the heavy mahogany doors, which were defended on the opposite side by two stern-looking Praetorian Guards who stared straight ahead, unmoving. The corridor down which they gazed spanned a decent length of the palace, ending at another room which housed the throne room.
    From inside the room, the four men studied the map. One of them, holding a cane, jabbed it fiercely into the floor.
    “What do we stand to gain from helping this idiotic rebel? Nothing! We’ll be exposing ourselves and for what?” He said, slashing the air viciously with a finger. Another of the men, smoking a pipe, pointed at him angrily with it.
    “The Tarajanis will be gone! Is that not reward enough?” He said. The third man raised his hands as if to placate.
    “Perhaps we should let His Majesty speak?” He suggested quietly, looking at the fourth and final man, who was leaned over the table as if to leap into it. He looked up and sighed.
    “There is no harm in meeting the man. Perhaps he can sway those amongst us who are more skeptical.” He turned and gazed out the window at the setting sun. “Even you, Claudius, must admit that to be rid of the Tarajanis would certainly be a blessing.” Claudius sighed in exasperation.
    “Of course it would be a blessing. However, we are only inviting war with them. Your Majesty, surely you must realize that war with New Tarajan will be disastrous for all involved.” Claudius turned back to the map and looked at it intently. The man who he had spoken to, who was clearly now the Emperor Junius III, turned back to the assembled.
    “We will meet with him and see what he proposes. It is only proper that I greet our guests. Lepidus, please be so kind as to delicately take care of the more sensitive documents here. Lucanus, please come with me.” As he left, Lepidus spoke up.
    “Guests? By the gods, they do breed fast. Yesterday there was only one.” The room erupted with laughter, and Junius rolled his eyes.
    “Just pick up the damn papers, you idiots.” He said, laughing to himself as he walked out of the room, followed by Legate Lucanus. They opened the doors and hurried down the hallway, passing multitudes of elegant rooms. In the middle of the corridor a stairway branched down into the entryway to that wing of the palace, where at a table sat two tired looking men who were slowly observing the rooms of the palace. They occasionally spoke to each other in English, most of which Junius couldn’t understand. They looked up as he descended the stairs, and quickly stood when Lucanus announced:
    “His Imperial Majesty, the Emperor of Eurasia Junius III!” Junius approached the two and extended his hand to the one who seemed older.
    “Welcome to the Imperial Palace. It is a pleasure to meet you.” The man grasped his hand and nodded, then looked at the younger seeming man to his right.
    “Thank you, Your Majesty. I am Vladimir Lenin. This is my assistant, William.” He said. Junius smiled and shook his hand. William, the assistant, seemed shocked that Junius would take notice of him. Junius turned and beckoned for Legate Lucanus to come forward.
    “I trust you have already met the Legate.” Junius said. Lenin nodded. Junius turned and gestured for the stairs. “If you will follow us, we will go the the map room and continue our discussion.” Lenin nodded and followed Junius and Lucanus up the steps. As they followed, Junius spoke to Lucanus in a low voice.
    “Why is he calling himself Lenin? I thought his name was Charles or something.” Junius said, turning back to Lenin and Will, who were observing the interior of the palace as they walked. “The map room we are going to is just this way.”
    “I think he wants to distinguish himself from his Royal lineage.” Lucanus said quietly. Junius raised an eyebrow confusedly.
    “Changing one’s name doesn’t change one’s heritage.” He said. Lucanus shrugged.
    Behind them, Lenin and Will followed Junius and Lucanus, both silently taking in the elegance of the palace. Will turned to Lenin and pointed at the ornately painted ceiling.
    “Remind you of home?” He asked. Lenin glared at him.
    “New-Zealand is my home, will. I want nothing to do with such opulence any more. My place is with the people.” He said, shaking his head at yet another sculpture. He looked ahead as the Emperor and Legate had a quiet discussion in Eurasian. “Can you make out what they’re saying, Will?” He asked. Will shook his head.
    “You know I can’t speak Eurasian.” He said. Lenin was about to reply when they reached the doors at the end of the corridor, and Junius pushed the doors open. They followed in and encountered two more men standing near a map, arguing about something or another.
    “Claudius Servilius Caepio, Praeministrum of War, and Calpurnius Flaccus Lepidus, Praeministrum of Diplomacy.” Junius said, gesturing at the two men. “Gentlemen, Praetor Lenin and his assistant, William.” The two men shook Lenin’s hand. Junius gestured at the table. “Shall we sit?” He asked. Lenin nodded graciously and sat at the table.
    “Again, I want to thank Your Majesty’s generosity in permitting us to come to Urbem Sol to discuss our revolution.” He said, nodding respectfully to Junius. “It is a great honor.”
    “The pleasure is mine. Now, what sort of...aid, or assistance, where you hoping we could provide?” Junius asked. A servant appeared from nowhere and provided them with wine.
    “Our primary concern is the Tarajani navy in Grand Haven harbor. As you know, we have no real navy to speak of.” Lenin said, gesturing for Will to provide him with a detailed map of the area, which he spread on the table. “The navy has been bombarding the city for some time and we have no way to fight back. Our cannons are not powerful enough to do any real damage.” He said. Claudius tapped the table in confusion.
    “If I am incorrect, Praetor, have you not already destroyed one of the key Tarajani ships?” He asked. Lenin nodded.
    “We did, but it was entirely accidental. We think that we accidentally hit a powder magazine or something similar.” He said. “I doubt it could be replicated purposefully.” Junius tapped the map.
    “Lucanus, how many ships do we estimate they have?” He asked. Lucanus thought for a moment and responded.
    “I believe around twenty-five.” He said. Lenin nodded in assent.
    “Very well. What about a Tarajani counterattack in the west?” Junius asked, pointing at western New-Zealand, which was bordered by the open sea.
    “That is a concern. However, I believe our primary goal needs to be freeing Grand Haven. Once that is taken care of other situations can be dealt with.” Lenin said. As he did so, a man in military dress entered the room and spoke quickly in Junius’ ear. His eyes widened as he heard the news. He turned to Claudius, Lucanus, and Lepidus and spoke quickly in Eurasian. Lepidus’ mouth fell agape at the news. Junius turned to Lenin and spoke quickly in an almost excited voice.
    “I’ve just received news that changes everything. The Tarajani Landsraad has been attacked by the people and stormed. The government has apparently fled and the King is in Arveyres. More, their other government buildings have been attacked.” He said. Lenin was shocked. He knew things were bad abroad, but he never knew that there would be an open revolution against the Government.
    “What do you suggest?” He asked quietly. Junius stood up.
    “Return and rally your people. They will be confused without you at this point. Have them begin their revolution in earnest. You have the Empire’s support. I will instruct one of the Asticus legions to enter New-Zealand, where they will be at your command. This is a prime opportunity that we haven’t time to waste.” Lenin stood, surprised, and thanked the Eurasians for their hospitality.
    As Lenin and Will left the Palace, Will looked at Lenin.
    “Are you alright, Vlad? That was certainly surprising.” He said. Lenin nodded.
    “Whatever the situation, they’ve committed, and we shan’t waste it.” He said, entering the carriage that had brought them to the Palace. “Let’s get back. Much to do.”
    Back inside the Imperial Palace, Junius stood at the map, discussing the situation with Lucanus and Claudius. Lepidus had departed to find more about New Tarajan’s uprising.
    “What if his revolution fails?” Lepidus asked. Junius shook his head.
    “It won’t fail. If it does though, we’ve shown the Tarajanis that they are powerless here. That is reward enough.” Junius walked to the map and pointed at New-Zealand. “This colony is the key to breaking Tarajani power.” He said, tapping it lightly. Lucanus cocked his head quizzically.
    “Sir?” He asked, confused. Junius looked up at him.
    “The Tarajani people are revolting, yes? They’ve lost faith in their government fighting those Mohammedans or whomever, and they need something to show that the Government is still powerful. The Tarajanis are going to have to hinge their bets, so to speak, on New-Zealand. If they crush the rebellion, the people might see that rebelling is futile. If they lose, then they’ll prove to the people that they are incapable of remaining in power. New-Zealand will be the straw that broke the Royal camel’s back, and we are going to add that straw.”

The above story is the creation of several famous Eurasian historians using diary entries, records, and other archival sources to piece together what could have been the conversation between Junius III, his ministers, and Vladimir Lenin.
    Duresia
    Duresia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810)

Post by Duresia Sun May 24, 2015 4:30 am

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) - Page 2 Scotla10

Load!
    Aim!
    Fire!

The shots from the many muskets were fired against the last group of enemies, as the rebels fell to the ground some remntants were still fighting and some deserted the battlefield escaping into the mountains, the hot and dry field smelled of blood, yet the battle was finally over.

Herr Broeckdorf! The battle is won, we are victorious!
    Duke Sjored Broeckdorf looked at the field from the distance and sighed, after a while he said: Third battle we had with them, and the third battle that we're victorious. What's your name soldier?
    Gotfrid Torsjeen herr.

Broeckdorf: Your commanding of the company was outstanding today, where are you from Gotfrid?
    Torsjeen: The Duchy of Cyntria herr.
    Broeckdorf: From now on you can call yourself a Cyntrian nobleman Gotfrid, I'll send a letter of recommendation to the Emperor as soon as we move on from here.
    Torsjeen: Herr.. that's a great honour I don't think I deserve it.. Our commander fell in battle so I just took over the command..
    Broeckdorf: Be quiet, a man with your military talents shouldn't belong the the common folk, you're made for more, now, have you seen my advisor Lucius?
    Torsjeen: Ja herr he is just downhill.
    Broeckdorf: Bring him to me will you, now get out of my sight.

The freshly made nobleman ran down the hill calling for Lucius while Broeckdorf looked over the now empty battlefield, third battle, third won, and they just cross the Ashar border, he didn't expect such resistance from the Mohamedans, the technology they possessed wasn't even close to that of his army but their fierceness in battle terrified him and many of his men, it's nothing like what he's seen before. He didn't like the fact that he was there, him, the army of Duresians, it wasn't their war to fight, why couldn't the Tarajani take care of their own affairs? Yet, he hoped that this war will bring some benefit in the future for his nation, he really did.

Lucius: One of the soldiers said you were looking for me herr?
    Broeckdorf: Ja Lucius, I need you for a mission, won't be pleasant, but I believe you're the right man for it.
    Lucius: I'm listening herr.
    Broeckdorf: *sigh* You are to pass through enemy lines and find Duke Anton Van Geldern, that Tajarani duke's garrison is here in Asharr, he's the main objective of ours, orders direct from the Emperor, we need to rendezvous with him and together pacify this pointless uprising.
    Lucius: Herr how am I supossed to do that?
    Broeckdorf: I will give you some men and civilian clothing, since you're proficient in Arveyran you will pretend to be Arveyran traders travelling from city to city, I hope that you will be succesfull in finding the Duke.
    Lucius: I'll be leaving at once herr if that's all.
    Broeckdorf: That's all Lucius, godspeed.
    New-Zealand
    New-Zealand

Post by New-Zealand Tue May 26, 2015 10:59 am

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) - Page 2 AS
    A Call To Arms!
    The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) - Page 2 AmericanSoldier

A call to arms has been issued to all patriots by decree of President Lenin. The Red Army requires the service of all able bodied men to serve in active duty, and the service of all citizens to serve in non combat support roles. Answering our nations call to arms is the moral duty of all this lands citizens. Grand Master Lucarius, head of the Catholic Church of New-Zealand has also stated that the church looks favorably on those who answer this call to arms, and that the lord will grant a place in the highest levels of heaven for all those who serve in this honorable crusade. This is a call to the citizens of this fine land. Your nation needs you in her time of need. Will you answer her call? 

General Cook Signs Historical Treaty With Natives

Commander cook of the 16th Continental Army has signed a historical treaty with the natives of this fine land. The Maori have agreed to co-operate with and help the Union in it's crusade for independence. In return for this, the Maori will be given citizenship of the land, and allowed to return to their original homes. They too, like us, were oppressed by the Tarijani Aristocracy, and together we will rise up and defeat the tyrannical overlords. The Treaty of Waitangi was signed by 7 Maori chiefs, Commander James Cook and President Lenin himself. 

President Lenin Secures Imperial Support
    President Lenin has returned from his trip to see the Eurasian Emporer, and has managed to secure the full support of the Imperial Army. Furthermore, new trade deals with Eurasia and the end of the Maori piracy have more than compensated for the end of trade with the Tarajani Empire. The Government treasuries are now overflowing with coin, all of which will be put forward to funding an army that will show the Tarajani Aristocracy that they can no longer control New-Zealand. Judgement Day will soon be upon us, as the Tarajani Navy is expected to arrive in their might at some point in the coming weeks. However, New-Zealand cant rest slightly easier under the watchful eyes of the Imperial Navy, the largest in the developed world, and the formidable might of the Maori Pirate Ships, who have for long wreaked havoc on the Tarajani forces. On top of this, Milton Port is a flurry of activity, with numerous ships being built, with over 300 ship builders working around the clock to ensure the New-Zealand Navy is a formidable force by the time the Tarajani Navy arrives. 
    Federation of Antanares
    Federation of Antanares
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Federation of Antanares Sat May 30, 2015 9:21 pm

OOC: Sorry, nobody informed that Arveryes jumped the turn

"Dear father,
    the situation appears incredible. In Tarajan is started a sort of ... revolution. Our informers in the country talk about a sort of attempt of the Diet to obtain a Constitutional Chart. But, despite all the mess in Tarajan, the Council, apparently, will not do anything.
    I talked with His Highness, Amedeo II Kroien, during our weekly meetig in his house in Velikogovllka. He appears to be really worried from the evolution of the situation in our neighboring. But he would, for now, not intervene. He thinks that an attack, now, will only push the forces in Tarajan to join the forces and attack us. He would wait, to study how the situation will evolve. I never see to much wisdom in a single men of the family Kroien. I admit, I admire this man. He want the best for Antanares, at any price.
    In this day in the Council and in the Bruma we discuss about the situation of our few colonies outside Targahar and Antanares. Apparently they demand new autonomies, like other colonies of other country. But, like for the situation in Tarajan, our Prince appear to prefer to wait. Maybe he has just a solution for both the problems.
    Your devoted Son,

Alexander Guillermo De Fray, Earl of Illistiga, Councilor of the Bruma
    28th July. 1789"

"Alexander,
    I understand that the situation could appear really incredible, but if you spend two minutes to think about it, you could find this Revolution a natural evolution of the process that Tarajan affronted in the past years. Every decisions that the kings and queens of the country took in the past time, conducted them to the decision of the Diet to create a Constitution and, of course, all the problems that they've now in the colonies, only pushed in this direction.
    I understand also your worries about how His Highness and our country will react to these news. I'm not really worried. We have a Constitution, a parliament with powers and I don't think that you will find someone in our country that, for few concessions, will start a civil war. We saw to much civil wars in our history, this is for sure.
    I continue the voyages around the main bases of the Company around the world. I've a lot of structure to control, small forts and ports that will guarantee to Antanares a continue flow of resources and gold. I don't understand why, but the Company ordered me to stay away from our two companies and control the structures in the rest of the world.
    I find this really strange.
    Your benevolent father,

Micheal Alexis De Fray, Sir of Illistiga, high member of the Council of the Company of Commerce of Antanares
    30th July, 1789"

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) - Page 2 Old-Letter

Last edited by Federation of Antanares on Sun May 31, 2015 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Sat May 30, 2015 11:50 pm

SUMMARY

July 1789 - October 1789

"When the Revolution really started, it was welcomed in the rest of the world with very different reactions.
    The spread of Liberal ideas was not yet evident to many: what was clear, apparently, was that the Tarajani power, the same which looked at the rising only few years before, was crumbling.
    The first months of the Revolution saw the domestic situation of Tarajan dominated by uncertainty, with terror being spread by the revolutionaries against those who were held responsible for the misfortunes and the mistakes of the country, with the King apparently fled to Arveyres, leaving a vacuum of power behind him.[...]
    In Eurasia, the situation suddenly looked brighter: the fall of the Landsraad opened new horizons and opportunities, particularly linked to the decision to support the young Vladimir Lenin in his (now open) conflict against the colonial authority, a struggle which led to a full mobilization of New-Zealand (at least, of Lenin's supporters) and even a temporary alliance between Maori natives and the newborn revolutionary government.[...]
    In the meanwhile, Duresian forces were entering Ashar, as a result of Tarajani diplomatic maneuvers to keep the Sultanate busy with a new front and a new enemy while trying to consolidate the result of a too-much-expensive war.[...]
    Silence came from Antanares: the Principality watched carefully over the events unfolding in the territory of its northern neighbor and former land of conquest.[...]
    But the situation in Tarajan was not destined to stop so easily: political powers inside the Kingdom were to find a balance between them; the vaccum needed to be filled, as soon as possible.[...]"
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Sun May 31, 2015 12:32 am

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) - Page 2 E1alqe

Dear Wilhelmine,
    It is with my deepest sorrow that I heard of the execution of your beloved father, Count Mathieu De Witt. He was a noble and honourable man. May the Gods bring peace upon his soul!
    Thank you for informing me of the situation in Astana: I already knew that the Constitutional Assembly has began announcing the new series of reforms: the abolition of State religion and the eradication of feudal rights from the Kingdom.
    Here in Horatstadt the situation is more calm, but the storm is coming: many member of the Landsraad and of the Minor Houses are gathering here, and preparing troops and equipments for the war. They have no intention to surrender without fighting.
    I heard that the military is neutral, for the moment: they have declared their allegiance for the King, and are awaiting orders.
    I guess many revolutionaries in Astana think that the army will assault them at the first signal, when the King will decide to openly support the Landsraad. However, for the moment, such a signal has not come yet.[...]
    And, moreover, the National Guard is quickly organizing itself, I know too well. Other correspondents of mine informed me that in Alleskandberg at least four regiments have been already organized, and many others are being recruited.
    It looks like De Ruyter has all the intentions to accept the challenge of the Landsraad. He is a very strong man, you wrote to me.
    I heard of him before, and I can understand why the Assembly took it as its leader.
    However, is now to be seen what he will do, not only against the Landsraad: New-Zealand is now in open revolt, but De Ruyter cannot afford to send a contingent of the National Guard to suppress the revolt; but also leaving New-Zealand without fighting is an option. It would show weakness from the revolutionary government, and this is not acceptable.
    Once again, we have to see what the regular military will do: there are many regiments in New-Zealand, but most of them are still loyal to the King.
    And, now, there is a civil war breaking here, in our beloved country.
    Oh, how this absurd!
    [...]

Your,
    Josephine

Letter of Josephine Van Sondenburg,
    Duchess of Grieffen,
    14th August 1789

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) - Page 2 Qs38fp

To the [there follows all the traditional epithets] Anton Van Geldern, Duke of Eindhoven [there follows all the other titles]

I write to you in the most critical circumstances.
    You already know of what happened in the Kingdom. Now, the King is in Arveyres, fleeing the chaos of Astana.
    The situation is getting worse every day.
    Honestly, when I decided to follow the King in his journey, I was sure there were few changes to see the coasts of Tarajan once again. The young King looked to me too afraid to handle this dangerous situation with the necessary strength.
    Maybe, I was wrong: during our permanence here in Arveyres, the King had no rest at all. He is meeting the Duresian ambassador on a daily basis, talking with the Arveyran Queen at least two hours per day, even meeting the Antanaresian and Eurasian representatives.
    He keep himself informed about the situation in New-Zealand and the latest news from Tarajan and the decisions of the new Constitutional Assembly.
    When he was informed that the Assembly approved a new Constitution, abolishing Jahanism as State religion and the feudal rights, I can swear to you I saw him smiling.
    Many nobles have reached us there, and the King also receives reports from the military which is still loyal to him.
    Now I am sure he is preparing something.
    Many here think that it is only a matter of time before the Assembly will proclaim the abolition of the monarchy and the birth of a Tarajani Republic. The King seems well aware of such a risk, and he is preparing something.[...]
    News reached us that the Landsraad have gathered an army and is launching a counter-offensive against the National Guard. The military still has no part in this civil war. But something let me guess that it will intervene soon, and in a mostly unexpected way.[...]
    Meanwhile, I give to you my sincerest congratulations: we heard of your victory against the forces of the Sultan besieging Hammad once again, and of your brilliant counter-attack. You are a light in this period of darkness.[...]

Sincerely,
    Count Conrad Sigismund Leichtenwarden
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Sun May 31, 2015 1:54 am

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) - Page 2 3291c8e3-4e2a-4305-bdbb-30d503390f3b_zpsbdvyslit

Diary of Captain Quintus Caecilius Bassus

"November 2nd, 1789

We left port in Arbor Felix yesterday. The men are uneasy. They worry about their wives and families back home. Our scouts have reported that the Tarajani presence in the port area is lessened by their lack of reinforcements, but I find this to be a cause for concern. The Tarajanis are not one to let their colonies simply rebel without some form of retaliation, no matter how minimal. Sometimes I worry we are walking into a trap. Whatever the situation may be, our attack needs to be swift and devastating. We must strike fear into the hearts of the Tarajani dogs before they can crush the rebellion and march on our homeland. Gods preserve us.

[...]

A merchant vessel passed our [flotilla], and informed us in no uncertain terms that the Tarajani monarch has fled to Arveyres and that there is a revolution of some sort ongoing. Whether this is true or not (which is a matter we have debated for some time, I must confess), it certainly would explain the lack of Tarajani response. I sincerely hope it is the case. I've ordered a double ration of wine for the men. Best if they're going to die today they do so on full stomachs and warm hearts.
    I also spoke with the Legate, who said that our plan of attack would be to pin them in such a way where they cannot flee the area and will be forced to either fight both us and the Kiwi shore defenses, or surrender, though I doubt they will choose to do so. The Empire doesn't exactly view prisoners as an honorable lot worthy of respect. If I had to wager a guess, I would say that they will go down fighting."

Letter from Fabianus Papirius to His Imperial Majesty Emperor Junius III

Your Imperial Majesty;

I have been called into several meetings with the Tarajani King, and each time he has asked me what the Empire's stance is on the issue of the rebellion with New-Zealand. Each time I tell him "The Emperor, as always, will do what is best for the Empire and for Eurasians", but I suspect that he is beginning to realize that this is merely a tactic to delay the inevitable.
    He appears to not be as naive as we initially suspected, but nevertheless he is still incapable of governing Tarajan in this new climate of rebellion and revolution. His fleeing to Arveyres, and dragging all of the diplomats along with him, is certainly a reason to question (though he could have picked a worse place to flee. I recommend you visit the country when the violence has abated. Truly lovely.).
    If anytime is the time to make some sort of move that would weaken the Tarajani presence in Terra Australis, now is the time.

Sincerely,

Fabianus Papirius, Diplomatic Ambassador to Tarajan.
    Duresia
    Duresia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Duresia Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:42 am

November 14 1789, Ashar, near Hammad

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) - Page 2 Women_10

Winter was closing in, even in a dry and warm land like Ashar it easy to notice that the temperatures weren't as high anymore, and the nights were freezingly cold, outside the city of Hammad on a hill far away yet visible from the city a Duresian military camp was set up, long lines of tents and soldiers walking around them, the Duresian presence was growing in Ashar worrying the Sultans.

In one of the tents Sjored Broeckdorf was sitting and smoking his pipe while talking to Lucius that came back from his journey to find out that Anton van Geldern was somewhere close to Hammad or probably in the city, and also talking to a Tajarani soldier that they freed after a battle with the Sultan's army.

Tajarani: Do you think herr Broeckdorf that we can reach Hammad tommorow?
    Broeckdorf: Oh ja, I am sure of that, as long as we can leave as soon as the sun rises.
    Tajarani: And then herr? What do we do with the city?
    Broeckdorf: Siege it if the Sultans control it or simply enter if van Geldern controls it. We've been recieving very mixed information from the locals, I don't know which side of them is lying, but the one that does shall be put to the axe.
    Tajarani: Let's hope it's the second possibility.
    Broeckdorf: So do I, now, you two should get rest and get your gear cleaned up, if the Sultan controls the city there's a long battle in front of us, one that might get us all killed, or we will simply just enter the city, we will see what awaits us..
    Lucius: If that's the case I will go and rest now.
    Tajarani: So will I herr Broeckdorf.

As the two men left, Sjored Broeckdorf sat and still smoked his pipe looking at the moon shining bright in the sky, he really hoped the rumors of van Geldern controlling the city were true, he really did. He wanted to greet van Geldern and together put stop to this uprising, for his own and his people's sake, they were all tired and it was visible, tired of the sand in their hair and boots, the sun making them sweat all day, it was too warm, too warm for a Lyrian, they should've sent the Ascanians for this, not the Lyrians, Lyrians are made for snow, mountains and sea, not for desert sands. All of his life he has been a free man, travelling, controlling, ordering people to go to other nations, putting people in prison, ordered executions, now he was the one stuck in a place he hated. He looked at the tents of the camp and at all the soldiers and thought for himself : We're all together in the same pile of shit.
    Arveyres
    Arveyres
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Arveyres Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:10 am

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) - Page 2 0420c54c93c8a3a44fb2ea053fd9d790

Diary of Hereditary Princess Lana Pahlavi

"I sit in my room and paint, waiting for my day to come. I have been waiting all of my life for this, just to think, in a few weeks, I will become the Queen! I've never felt more anxious. I will be the first with no husband, but I do have one in mind. I cannot be any more scared, however. In the midst of a conflict, not being able to do much, it's painful to watch countries going at it.

[...]

The city is cold. The flowers that once covered the area are now dying and the city smells of saffron. I yearn to one day explore a world further away, to have tea with Queens and the like from far away lands, to take in the exotic smells and tastes. Maybe it shocks me that I might not want to be Queen -who am I kidding? What do I know about running a country?

[...]

I will never live up to my mother's expectations. All we have to do is hope for the best and hope our nation doen't sink. Here's to hoping that the world doesn't fall apart. Peace upon all of the nations of the world, and prosperity in the nations of the Abode of Peace, Gods willing.
    "
    Federation of Antanares
    Federation of Antanares
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Federation of Antanares Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:25 am

"Dear father,
    I went to Cape Wolf with Robinsky, the newly appointed admiral. We saw our fleet enter in the port of the city, during the night, with only the candles to illuminate the way. Never saw something more majestic. His Highness sent us to the city to control the state of our ships. I must admit, for now they appears into a good one. We don't have a lot of ships capable of ocean fights, but if we remains near the coast I think we have an advantage respect the bigger ships of other countries.
    I really don't understand what His Highness want. He prepared a fleet, but a fast one, with small ships, excellent to fight in little seas. I can't understand why. Also, he sent two battalions of the High Guards, our best men, to the north. I think he would avoid that eventually the rebellions in Tarajan spread in our territory, but, for now, for me the mind of this man remain a mystery.
    Your devoted son,

5th November. 1789"

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) - Page 2 393px-old_letter
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:22 pm

PHASE TWO: A NEW TIDE

November 1789 - June 1790

"The most immediate consequence of the beginning of the Revolution in New Tarajan was, without doubts, a polarization: the forces of the bourgeousie felt that the situation was getting better week after week, making them more keen on confronting directly, face to face, the gathering forces of the Landsraad which, on their side, tried to involve the King, now in Arveyres, in the incoming civil war.[...] And it will be the King himself, who suddenly will change the cards on the table, radically giving a new direction to the entire Revolution.[...]
    But the war was already in New-Zealand: with the loyalist forces left alone to face the spectacular rise of Vladimir Lenin and its colonial independentists, strongly supported by the Eurasian Empire, there was little space left for maneuver, although pro-Tarajani feelings were still alive somewhere[...]
    The situation was very different on another warzone: Ashar. There, Duresian and Tarajani troops, finally allied, carried out a well-prepared counter-offensive, after the defeat suffered by the Ashari at the siege of Hammad. Now, it was no more in question if the Tarajani would win: the true issue at stake, was what position the Tarajani army fielded in Ashar would have taken, after the end of the war, particularly in the case other countries, namely Antanares, began to see the Revolution as a wonderful occasion to finally wage war on a weakened northern neighbor.[...]

OOC: I'm very sorry for the terrible delay, guys. With seven exams in one session, it's a bit difficult to keep track of everything.
    Also, I've decided to introduce a new time-span of six months instead of three, since few things in reality are happening right now.

Last edited by New Tarajan on Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:28 am

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) - Page 2 2e6cuth

The King is back!

How wonderful these words are? I did not believe to my ears, when I heard them for the first time.
    But, now, I have the confirmation: it is true, indeed!
    His Majesty landed in Alleskandberg last week, taking again in his rightful hands the duty to govern his Kingdom!
    He landed with Arveyran and Tarajani troops, a relatively small, but tough, strong and well equipped contingent.[...] He stayed in the city for many days, personally meeting the representatives of the provisional government led by De Ruyter.
    For me, the reason of this delay is clear as the sky: His Majesty did not want a civil war erupting between the royalist forces and those loyal to the new revolutionary government. But, now, he is heading directly to the capital, and this could mean only one thing: De Ruyter accepted his demands.
    What he will do once he enter in Astana, I cannot imagine. But I sense something in the air: the King gave a strong demonstration of courage and ability by coming back here...he is not a fool, definitely. And, probably, he already has well in mind what to do next[...]

Personal diary of Baron Heinrich Griedenwelden,
    Professor at the Royal Tarajani University
    Entry of the 6th June 1790

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) - Page 2 2lxi0ds

Dear Wilhelmine,
    what happened took everyone by surprise. Here, many are still shocked, hearing the news coming from the capital.
    When we firstly heard of the arrival of the King, many members of the Houses called for mustering the forces they had managed to collect, in order to march to Astana together with the King, eradicating once and for all this Revolution.
    Then, the first news arrived, that the King had meetings with the representatives of the provisional government while in Alleskandberg and even after and, finally, that His Majesty was not marching toward Astana to fight, but to peacefully enter the city.
    Many did not want to believe these news, at first. But now, nobody can deny the truth anymore: His Majesty the King has sided with the Constitutional Assembly and the provisional government. Once in Astana, he personally appointed De Ruyter Prime Minister, and asked the Landsraad to submit to the new course of actions.
    The royalist forces he took with him are not very large, but they are the best of our army. I do not know if the troops the Landsraad had collected could even match them.
    But war is unavoidable: many of the Houses will not submit easily, and they are standing up with the banner of revolt against the King as well, whom they think has been misguided by traitors loyal to the Revolution more than to the Throne.
    But I fear these are only fantasies, and that the truth is far worse: His Majesty perfeclty understand what he is doing.[...]

Your,
    Josephine

Letter of Josephine Van Sondenburg,
    Duchess of Grieffen,
    16th June 1790

[...]
    Thus, I am confident that you will accept the appointment. We need a good and brave Minister to handle with such a delicate issue as the foreign affairs of our beloved Kingdom.
    Everything is changed since the arrival of His Majesty of the King: I admit I understimated him. But he proved, to me, to the country and to the world, that he is a daring, brave, and very intelligent man. Surely, he has all the qualities of a good sovereign.
    He perfectly understood the situation, and decided to act carefully, but with a goal in mind. Now, the provisional government has become the only true government of this country, and I have the honor to be its Prime Minister, the first in our glorious history.
    But more problems are in sight: as you know, many members of the Landsraad have been shocked by the decision of the King to side with the people and, thus, they have decided to carry on a civil war...fool men! And we know too well the Antanaresians are waiting for nothing else that a similar occasion to attack us in the south. So, we need to be vigilant, and to prepare our forces in case this scenario becomes a reality.
    On another front, we cannot keep our forces in New-Zealand, but I am confident, and the King agrees with me, that it is not as catastrophic as it could seem: we will withdraw from that land, but those foolish Eurasians really think they have found a new Golden Paradise by helping Prince Charles overthrow the Tarajani colonial government....while, in truth, they have only unleashed the beast. And soon, they will understand that, while we will have the opportunity to strengthen ourselves, they will have a new, uncomfortable ally to handle with, not to keen on humbly submitting to their will.[...]
    But surely we will not withdraw from Ashar, this shall be clear: the Duresians have proved once again their value in battle alongside our forces, and now the Mohammedans are withdrawing, and I have been informed that maybe the Sultan could decide soon his cause is no longer worthy of other losses. Until that moment, we will keep going ahead, and we will push further inside their territory.
    Duresia is a valuable ally. And this war has proven it: it is not a case if the Royal Guards who accompanied our King at the Assembly were Duresians! Thus, we need to further strengthen our alliance in order to handle with the storm that, I sense it, is coming upon us.
    Arveyres already is with us: what a wonderful idea, to have it merged with our Kingdom! And, now, it looks like His Majesty, during his permanence there, has fallen in love with Princess Lana. I heard she is wonderful. And you can be sure I will do everything possible to support the King in his decision to marry her. This not only would make them happy, but it would help both our countries as well.[...]
    But to handle all of this, we need you, my friend. Take your role as Minister of Foreign Affairs, and help us protect our new freedom.[...]

Rudolf De Ruyter,
    writing to Duke Anton Van Sondenburg-Sorenberg,
    7th July 1790
    Tisalseits
    Tisalseits

Post by Tisalseits Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:14 pm

A Rebellion in the Making?

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) - Page 2 Spottiswode_ronald-theobald_wolfe_tone~OM8ed300~10703_20100423_20100423_41
    Journal of Sebastian Albertini

"June 29th 1790

My people face a daily struggle. For the past 140 years now we have lived under the tyranny of the Tisalseits Monarchy. For 140 years the people of Tisalseits have been enslaved by the Monarchy. All our money taken. Our property taken. Our children sometimes taken. Our way of life ruined by this Monarchy. The Monarchy has kept power for all this time through fear. Any action against the Monarchy results in death. Even expressing different opinions than that of the Government will get you killed in the most brutal of ways.

It is time for the People of Tisalseits to rise up overthrow this oppressive Monarchy and found a Republic. A Republic of the People. A Republic that serves the people. No more of this oppressive government. I ask the people of Tisalseits one thing. Rise Up! Rise Up and take down this oppressive Government.To subvert the tyranny of our execrable government, to break the connection with the Monarchy, the never-failing source of all our political evils and to assert the independence of our people – these were my objects. To unite the whole people of Tisalseits, to abolish the memory of all past dissension and to substitute the common name of man in place of the denominations of Protestant, Catholic and Dissenter – these were my means.

For the well being and survival of our society we must rise up. Because if we rise up and unite together we can strike down this Monarchy. But we have to put aside all past differences and make our own path. No more shall we submit to the tyranny of King Alexander IV. They can kill me but they can not kill the spirit of this oncoming rebellion."
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:25 am

NVNTIVM VRBEM SOL

excerpt from the 1st of July, 1790 edition of the Urbem Sol newspaper

New-Zealand Colony Liberated from Tarajani Oppressors!

In a surprising turn of events, the Tarajani colony of New-Zealand has rebelled against their corrupt masters in Astana and declared independence, rallying around the expatriated Royal prince Charles Van Vinkel, who has renamed himself "Vladimir Lenin." The revolution was supported by His Majesty Junius III, who sent the valiant legionaries of the Imperial Army and Navy to assist this brave fight for self determination. The Imperial Navy was instrumental in forcing a Tarajani withdrawal, and it is known that without Eurasian support the revolution would have died in its infancy. With the overthrow of Tarajani influence in the region, the Empire can now establish proper trade relations with New-Zealand and perhaps even an alliance of sorts. Whatever the plans of the Diplomatic ministry are, this is a welcome change of event.

A further and most extra ordinary situation has arisen in New Tarajan itself, where the King has apparently returned from Arveyres to attempt to pacify the current political revolution that has taken place in his absence. With the Tarajanis preoccupied fighting themselves, the freedom of New-Zealand was assured, and now the Empire can finally rest assured that both the incursions by natives into Asticus and the hostile Tarajani colony have been permanently pacified.  

The Ministry of Diplomacy has declared that they will indeed establish friendly relations with New-Zealand in an effort to stay off any Tarajani attempt at reinfluencing the situation, and that the Imperial Navy will continue operations to root out any Tarajani remnants.
    Duresia
    Duresia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Duresia Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:52 am

To General Sjored Broeckdorf

I've heard of your great success in Ashar and I'm pleased to hear that you and most of your men are fine and alive, I've also heard that you and Duke Anton van Geldern are able to work together despite your big differences, van Geldern is a man of honour, you well... not so much, but you're both men of your word and that's what counts in this case, I know you asked how the situation is in the capital and I can't tell you it's good, the rumors are that the Dampierre's will withdraw their support for the Emperor which would weaken our armies and economy significantly we need you in Duresia as soon as possible, also the news from Tarajan are really worrying me, I'm afraid that without the support of the Dampierre family we could end up in the same situation with a revolution at our doorsteps, your place is here Sjored, in Duresia, not in far away deserts, please visit my residency when you are back in Duresia.

Sincerely
    Duchess Saskia Höögswerd

The hot Ashar summer, horrible for a Duresian, horrible for anyone that spent there almost a year knowing he isn't home, they were far from home, far from lush woods of Lyria and Ascania, in that hot summer the Duresian army and Tajarani army were closing in into an area that was apparently the place where the Sultan of Ashar was hiding, the war was to be finished soon enough, Sjored Broeckdorf stood in silence and looked at the desert area in front of him in silence, the silence was broken by Lucius running towards him screaming:

Lucius: Herr Broeckdorf! Ein skribt foor di!
    Broeckdorf: Get it here Lucius, right away!

As Lucius gave the letter to Broeckdorf he opened it and started to read it quietly out loud. He never learned to read in silence.

Lucius: Who was it from?
    Broeckdorf: Duchess Höögswerd
    Lucius: That Duchess Höögswerd?
    Broeckdorf: That Duchess Höögswerd
    Lucius: Didn't you and her...
    Broeckdorf: Do I have to remind you of your position Lucius?
    Lucius: I am sorry herr Broeckdorf, I didn't mean to..
    Broeckdorf: Apology accepted, and yes indeed you meant to, I know you young boy, better than you know yourself.
    Lucius: So what did it say? I barely heard you reading
    Broeckdorf: Intrigues in the court and apparently the Tajarani revolution can spread into Duresia
    Lucius: Should we go back then?
    Broeckdorf: No, Duresia can do without us a while longer, we have a job to finish here, and I got special orders from the Emperor I need to execute here in Ashar that we haven't done yet. Now, get out of my sight.
    Lucius: Ja herr!

Lucius ran down the hill back to the camp leaving Broeckdorf still starring into the desert sands.
    New-Zealand
    New-Zealand

Post by New-Zealand Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:07 pm

Divided We Stand
    The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) - Page 2 F59a29f1a4cb8d8a28532395cdeda1bd
    The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) - Page 2 320px-NZ-Governor-1869.svg
    The Flag of the Union (Above) and the flag of the Confederacy (Below)

The Dominion of New-Zealand stood divided in two. Eastern New-Zealand and much of central New-Zealand has succeeded from the Tarajani Empire and declared itself the Union of New-Zealand, led by President Vladimir Lenin. However, on the western coast, a group of merchant states have banded together to form the Confederacy of New-Zealand, loyal to the Tarajani throne. Had the Tarajani Navy been sent to NZ as requested by Prime Minister Sewell (leader of the Confederacy), central New-Zealand could have been retained by the Confederacy. Alas, the lack of Tarajani response had allowed Lenin to cement the Union's control of central and eastern New-Zealand. 

The past month had seen fierce fighting between the two forces. On one side there were the Confederacy Forces, which is almost completely comprised of conscripts, remaining blue coats (Tarajani forces) and the highly trained personal armies of the aristocrats. On the other side the newly formed Union Forces, which consist of hastily assembled patriots, resembling more of an untrained militia than an army. How is it then that the ill equipped barely trained group of rag tags managed to take on the well oiled fighting machine of the Confederacy and won? Well quite simply, the Eurasian Empire was fighting Lenin's war for him. Where the Confederacy had been left out to dry by the Tarajani Empire, Lenin's alliance with the Eurasians was proving extremely beneficial, with the might of the Eurasian Army swept swiftly through the mainland, decimating any Confederacy forces that stood in it's way. 

In the end, a stalemate was found, neither party capable of moving any further forward. While the victory was definitely in the hands of Lenin and his Eurasian colleagues, the Confederacy had managed to hold a substantial section of the western front. Even without direct military action from the Tarajani Empire, the western states' strong economic relations with the Tarajani Empire allowed their treasuries to thrive, or at least the pockets of the rich aristocrats that ran the Confederacy. The result? The Confederacy fortified themselves, and were capable of funding a formidable military. It is thought that the general public in the Confederacy were sympathetic to Lenin's cause, but any "revolutionaries" or simply those who were foolish enough to talk openly about their support for the Union and/or hate for the Royals we're tried and in most cases hung for treason. This draconian policy managed to keep the public under control. 

On the other front, Lenin found himself attempting to finance an army and build up a new nation, with no money in hand. The sudden cut in trade with New Tarajan, sent the Union spiraling into recession, and the government books heavily into the red. It is commonly regarded that without the Eurasian Empire propping up the Union, Lenin's little nation would have fallen to starvation. Over the coming months the Eurasian Empire spent what in today's value would be considered billions of dollars propping up the Union and funding it's development. In fact, some would even go as far as to consider the Union and puppet state of Eurasia, with Lenin sitting quite comfortably in the hands of the Eurasian Empire. The extent of Eurasian support for the Union doesn't show the level of "love" the Eurasians bore for us, but rather the level of the threat New Tarajan posed to Eurasian dominance in the southern hemisphere. In the years to come, New Tarajan would kick itself over it's lack of response to the Confederacy's requests, instead allowing it's ignorance to allow the southern hemisphere to fall comfortably back into Eurasian hands. That said, it was not too late for the Tarajani Empire to get it's act together and fight to retain control of their dominion. 

- Excerpt from noted historian George Flemmings book "The Kiwi Revolution : A Tale of Two Factions" 

OOC : Hurry up and get in on this NT. You're dominion has declared independence and your nation's main competitor (Eurasia) is taking back control of the southern hemisphere. Is your royal family just going to stand back and let Lenin and Eurasia make a joke out of your empire? 
    Federation of Antanares
    Federation of Antanares
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Federation of Antanares Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:37 pm

"Dear father,
    He must be mad. I don't think this way will lead to a good point for us. There is something, under all the actions of His Highness, that was not declared. He must be or a mad man or the most intelligent in the world. Why we retire our main forces from our colonies in the East? I saw the ships from Alcantara arrive in the port of Velikogovolka with goods and treasuries. Why he has ordered this?
    I don't understand. All the other nations concentrated their efforts in maintain their colony empires. Now we retire our forces from the most distant lands, what is his plan? I don't really know. He divide his time between a session of the Bruma and a night hunt in the woods near his villa. He invited me a lot of time, he talked to me about politic and arts, musics and war. But I really don't understand him. He appears a lot distant from us, like he thinks every time to something different.
    Well, I will continue to follow him, but I would try to understand what is happening now.

5th January. 1790
    "

New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:26 am

SUMMARY

JULY 1790 - OCTOBER 1791

"The mid-year 1790, marked the beginning a complete change in the situation: the return of King Friederick Wilhelm I in the Kingdom and the consequent alliance between the Monarchy and the revolutionary government opened a whole new horizon.[...]
    With the King on his side, now the ambitious Rudolf De Ruyter had all the opportunities he wished for, in order to crush the resistance of those Houses of the Landsraad which refused to submit themselves to the new state of affairs, but particularly to launch a plan for regaining in the world what the Kingdom was risking to loose (or already lost). The brilliant Duresian intervention in Ashar was the key for this strategy: with the forces of Sultan Ahmad now withdrawing from the allied Duresian-Tarajani forces, there was space for maneuvrer.
    The eyes were on New-Zealand: there, the birth of the new, independen Union under Lenin's leadership was balanced by the loyalist feelings of the Confederacy. Until that moment, this group of loyalist States was obliged to survive with their own means. But such a state of affairs was not acceptable for Astana: a change must have occurred.[...]
    But to handle with New-Zealand, was to handle with Eurasia, which meant to compete on a world-wide stage. Both De Ruyter and the King understood this fact too well: Eurasia was day-by-day more supporting of the New-Zealand independentists and its direct military intervention was far too evident for ignoring it.[...]
    While other countries prepared to step forward in this complicate stage, and Antanares looked quiet frozen in its policy, everything was ready for the first act of what will be know in history as the Illidian Wars."
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:08 am

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) - Page 2 Wmkm89

[...]
    I am sure you would not believe what I am writing to you, if you could not trust me as a relative of yours.
    But this is the truth. Who is that man, you would ask, who has such a strong charisma to make this possible? And I could give you only one answer: Herbert Satter, that's the name.
    I don't know his story very well, since I can only rely on rumors. But I know for sure that he has served the last five years in the Royal Army, and that he gained the trust of De Ruyter during the first phases of the Revolution.
    Under De Ruyter's command, he trained the new revolutionary militia to counter a possible royalist attack. Now, as you know, everything is changed since then: the Monarchy and the Revolution are on the same side. And the King wants to strike.
    "The moment is coming" he said to me last saturday at the Royal Palace "for us to show to the world that the Revolution did not weaken us: it strengthen us beyond any possible understanding."
    And he perfectly meant what he was saying.
    He gave to Satter the command over the Royal Army. And in few months, this man managed to forge an entire new military force, or at least this is the impression: young and old soldiers, royalists and revolutionaries, they have been all merged, reorganized, trained, re-equipped with the best of the best. New uniforms, new flags, new officers, new training. I never saw such a thing during my long life.
    And Satter is now well keen on demonstrating his own skills and the strength of his new army against the enemies of the Monarchy and the Revolution: the few rebel Houses of the Landsraad which are assembling their forces not far from Horatstadt.
    The two armies will soon crush: we need only to see who will be victorious.
    [...]

Count Conrad Sigismund Leichtenwarden

[writing to Anton Van Geldern, 3rd November 1791]

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) - Page 2 346kv4o

"[...]The Battle of Horatstadt (better known by historians as the Second Battle of Horatstadt) was fought from the 5th to the 13th December 1791, between the new Tarajani Army and the Landsraad forces.[...]
    The crushing victory of the Tarajani Army led by Herbert Satter radically changed the whole situation: with the rebel forces annhilated in a triumphant execution of a brilliant strategy, Satter managed to avoid a dangerous extension of the civil war. The leaders of the rebellion were all killed in battle, or taken prisoners; and the new army proved its almost perfect efficiency in battle, with Satter as its charismatic leader.[...]
    With the Kingdom secured, the King, De Ruyter and Satter were ready to focus their energies on two other, not less important, fields: the strengthening of the Revolution in the Kingdom, and the recover of the losses abroad.
    The first goal was achieved by the promulgation of a new Constitution, the 16th December 1791, which defined the role of the monarchy in the new constitutional, liberal regime; it also confirmed the abrogation of Jahanism as State religion, the complete abolition of all feudal rights and privileges, and programmatically paved the way for the birth of the first State-managed education system, a new Civil and Penal Law Codes, and other relevant improvements. The Kingdom was changing at a fast pace.[...]
    On the other side, now it was time for Tarajan to come to the rescue of the loyalist Confederacy of New-Zealand, constantly besieged by the rebels led by Vladimir Lenin and by Eurasian forces. After Sultan Ahmad IV of Ashar finally surrendered, in January 1792, the army led by Anton Van Geldern, Duke of Eindhoven, was prepared to sail for New-Zealand, while Satter and his army were ready to come from Tarajan. The new, young and brilliant general would be the supreme commander of the Tarajani forces on the field (something Van Geldern would never accept).
    And a new alliance was proposed by the King to Duresia, forged through the planning of a political wedding between the future Tarajani Prince (Queen Lana get pregnant in December) and a member of the Duresian household.[...]
    It was March 1792, the 5th, (Van Geldern arrived just few days later) when Herbert Satter landed in Auckland, main stronghold of the Confederacy, with his new army, perfectly trained and equipped, and ready to show all the might of the new, liberal Tarajani Kingdom.[...]"

- Excerpt from "The King and the Eagle: Life and Deeds of Herbert Van Satter", by Joanne Guyper, Military History Professor at the Royal Academy of History.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:15 am

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) - Page 2 Ebf7dde8-18b1-4abe-a3c2-5d3d4c8657d5_zpsmbanimfw

Diary of His Imperial Majesty Emperor Junius III

November 8th, 1791

I've yet to make any official confirmation on our actions in New Zealand, but I suspect many know already. I beg Mars to bless our troops in battle, but I fear that we may be drawn into a protracted war if we cannot cement our position quickly. The Tarajanis are preoccupied at-current with internal instability, but should they regain their footing they will surely come to reclaim their lost colony. It is only natural. Were on of the Imperial colonies to declare independence I would not hesitate to send our forces to subjugate them.

My concern lies more, however, with those impotent fools in the Senate. Every day they clamor and demand heightened intervention in New-Zealand and the surrounding isles, caring nothing for the plight of the Empire should our position become untenable. I am under no such illusions. My Legates all tell the same story. The New-Zealanders are wild and undisciplined, but are more than willing to be cannon fodder for our purposes. "Independence". What a curious supposition. If the New-Zealanders were to turn against us, should we invade upon their territory, it could develop into a perpetual conflict. Endless war. Not something to yearn for.

The impasse is thus; do we drive the Tarajanis out and allow the New-Zealanders to develop independence? Or do we quietly seize their territory. I would prefer a lighter approach, but it has become apparent that if I am to appease both sides I must find the as-yet nonexistent middle ground.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:01 am