Official Forum for Esamir, a Nationstates Region.

(P(I)) Technological and Supernatural Reform Resolution

Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Re: (P(I)) Technological and Supernatural Reform Resolution

Post by Eurasia on Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:04 am

It's called a rider. Also, what mobile islands are you speaking of?
    Arveyres
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Arveyres on Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:28 am

I suggest we close the debating period.
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia on Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:28 am

I would like to propose a motion to close debate on this bill.
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi on Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:29 am

I would like to close the debate as well. I feel we have discussed this enough.
    Federation of Antanares
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Federation of Antanares on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:38 am

I continue to don't understand why modify the Restriction Act with this modifications. We discussed a lot of time about them and last time, with the past explanations, we reached an agreement. I prefer the past Act. Nanotechnologies is not nothing of so advanced to be not used, if we have orbital elevator and fusion batteries into Personal Armors.
    If we have these, why not simple nanotech and an helicarriers? Also, nobody responded for the questions of the numbers of the colonies.
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:55 pm

We wish to ask to Kaevi to introduce a more complete list of banned things before proceeding with the voting period, including:

- fusion-powered armors
    - orbital elevators
    - fusion energy
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:33 pm

I find it curious that every one of those things are things that I use.
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:46 pm

I find similarly curious that the things listed in the text are things that only me and Antanares use (and, moreover, I have an orbital elevator and fusion powerplants as well).
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia on Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:17 am

As far as I can tell, the only things listed that you and Antanares use are helicarriers and nanotechnology (which I also use). There are limits placed on mechs, but they aren't banned.
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan on Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:24 am

Helicarriers, nanotechnology and DNA alteration, to be more precise (the last one is used only by Antanares).
    But, in any case, it's a big share of things we have "invented" in the Region. The problem is not this, however (if the majority of players believes that it's better to "decrease" the technological level, I submit to the majority's will). The issue is that I find confusing that an helicarrier is deemed to be unrealistic, together with nanotechnology, while fusion-powered armors and orbital elevators are not.
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi on Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:35 am

NT, I will add fusion-powered armor to the banned list, but that is all I can do.

I know you love your helicarriers, but unlike the other tech, they are most likely not physically possible.
    The thing about DNA alteration was copied and reworded to make better sense from Ant's resolution.

Look, I know you feel targeted, but here's a little secret: 98% of the time I don't read/care about other people's RP. These are things that were brought to my attention and I found issue with.
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan on Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:35 am

It's not about my love for helicarriers Kaevi, don't worry about that.
    Only, I try to keep balanace: what about orbital elevators? I built the first one a long time ago, then it was banned...than it was re-enacted again only to see the primary snatched from NT (since I obviously deleted it after the first ban)....they're actually no more possible than helicarriers...it looks a bit...unfair.
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia on Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:58 am

I wouldn't say it was "snatched," although I like the implication that I stole it from you. Well done there.

What I would say is that you built one, then I built one, then they were banned, then we passed a new RP law that allowed for them, and I built one. I didn't "snatch" the primary from you because, as far as RP was concerned, you never built it in the first place.

So really, let's not accuse other people of being thieves, mmkay? Thanks.
    Federation of Antanares
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Federation of Antanares on Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:40 am

Kaevi wrote:Article A: Colonies may be established in Earth’s orbit, Earth’s Lagrange points, and on Earth’s moon with a limit of five hundred people.
    Article B: The planet of Mars may have bases that house no more than two thousand people.

Can we reverse the two article? I think five thousands in the space colonies and on the Moon would be better than five hundred and on Mars two hundreds will be ok.

Also, to avoid any problems: fusion power is available? If yes, which are the exactly limitations? We can use it on ships like sea carriers?
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia on Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:53 am

Federation of Antanares wrote:
    Kaevi wrote:Article A: Colonies may be established in Earth’s orbit, Earth’s Lagrange points, and on Earth’s moon with a limit of five hundred people.
    Article B: The planet of Mars may have bases that house no more than two thousand people.

Can we reverse the two article? I think five thousands in the space colonies and on the Moon would be better than five hundred and on Mars two hundreds will be ok.

Also, to avoid any problems: fusion power is available? If yes, which are the exactly limitations? We can use it on ships like sea carriers?

I think NT wanted all fusion banned because I use it.
    Federation of Antanares
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Federation of Antanares on Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:15 am

I don't think he's acting following the idea of "If you have it, I will ban it".

If we ban something, we can't maintain other things that are most advanced than the first one. Or this is the logic that I think we must follow.
    I don't think we must ban ALL the uses of fusion power. We can eliminate fusion power batteries, that could be used both in mech than in armors and use it for power plants or to maintain space stations and colonies. But this is my opinion.
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi on Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:55 am

Federation of Antanares wrote:I don't think he's acting following the idea of "If you have it, I will ban it".

If we ban something, we can't maintain other things that are most advanced than the first one. Or this is the logic that I think we must follow.
    I don't think we must ban ALL the uses of fusion power. We can eliminate fusion power batteries, that could be used both in mech than in armors and use it for power plants or to maintain space stations and colonies. But this is my opinion.

The resolution is to be interpreted that fusion can be used in anything other than armor.
    Federation of Antanares
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Federation of Antanares on Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:58 am

For my other question, about the population of the colonies?
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi on Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:05 am

Federation of Antanares wrote:For my other question, about the population of the colonies?

We feel that the populations are adequate as is.

Orbital and Moon-based colonies would be difficult to support a great number of people given the minuscule level of gravity.
    Of course, you could always launch two or more colonies to get around this rule I suppose.
    Federation of Antanares
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Federation of Antanares on Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:50 am

I think that with the right technology there will be no problems with gravity.
    Sincerely I think the population limits for space colonies and on the Moon are too strictly. It is just impossible that we construct bigger structures and colonies on Mars, more distant and also with a lot of different and consistent problems, than on the Moon and on our orbit. i propose to expand the populations of both space colonies into Lagrange Points and on the Moon.
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan on Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:03 am

My issue with fusion energy was primary with his application inside armors. The "addendum" of a global ban of fusion energy was only to remark that, in theory, we don't have it now.

About Orbital Elevators: yes, your proceeding seems perfectly correct. But allow me to dissent with you: honestly, following this line of thought, everyone could propose laws banning something a country had for the first time on his own idea, then re-implementing it and saying "look, my country is more advanced, I have built this one first".
    This is unfair: the idea of an Orbital Elevator surely is not mine. But I was the first one to implement it in order to mean the advanced level of Tarajani technology, since I designed the country as extremely advanced in the field of aerspace and space-related techs. It was only fair that, having the idea first as a player, my country took the primary to have the first Elevator of the world.
    This change of laws, instead, literally stole (yes, it stole) the Elevator from NT. This is RP manipulation, plain and simple.
    I don't want to accuse anyone, since I don't like such things. However, this is a fact. And, honestly, I wish to avoid it now and in the future. Moreover, honestly, if someone can build an Orbital Elevator (and I don't see any similar project here in our world) he can build a flying carrier. I don't see why excluding one but not the other.
    I hope I've clarified my points.
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia on Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:36 am

New Tarajan wrote:My issue with fusion energy was primary with his application inside armors. The "addendum" of a global ban of fusion energy was only to remark that, in theory, we don't have it now.

About Orbital Elevators: yes, your proceeding seems perfectly correct. But allow me to dissent with you: honestly, following this line of thought, everyone could propose laws banning something a country had for the first time on his own idea, then re-implementing it and saying "look, my country is more advanced, I have built this one first".
    This is unfair: the idea of an Orbital Elevator surely is not mine. But I was the first one to implement it in order to mean the advanced level of Tarajani technology, since I designed the country as extremely advanced in the field of aerspace and space-related techs. It was only fair that, having the idea first as a player, my country took the primary to have the first Elevator of the world.
    This change of laws, instead, literally stole (yes, it stole) the Elevator from NT. This is RP manipulation, plain and simple.
    I don't want to accuse anyone, since I don't like such things. However, this is a fact. And, honestly, I wish to avoid it now and in the future. Moreover, honestly, if someone can build an Orbital Elevator (and I don't see any similar project here in our world) he can build a flying carrier. I don't see why excluding one but not the other.
    I hope I've clarified my points.

Oh, I see what this is. You're mad because you aren't getting exactly what you want. That's nice. Shall I recommend building a bridge and getting over it? I think I shall.

And you're accusing me of RP manipulation? Really? I didn't pass that law. Antanares wrote the law that reallowed for Orbital tethers. Why don't you accuse him of manipulation? Oh, that's right. You'd rather sit and hurl accusations at me because you're mad that RP didn't happen exactly as you want it to.

And I reiterate, unless you have actual proof that I stole it from you (I didn't even know you'd had the 'first' one, so you can take your little theory and blow it out your ass), I would appreciate if you stopped making an ass of yourself.

Last edited by Europe and Asia on Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi on Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:00 am

The voting period has now begun, ending on August 4, 2015, at 00:00 UTC.
    Nations may submit a vote in favor, against, or abstention.
    Votes of abstention will be counted as votes in favor.
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi on Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:07 am

FOR
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia on Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:21 am

FOR