Esamir

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Esamir, a Nationstates Region.

4 posters

Germanic Union Summit in Kresburg

Duresia
    Duresia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Germanic Union Summit in Kresburg Empty Germanic Union Summit in Kresburg

Post by Duresia Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:35 am

Germanic Union Summit in Kresburg 2014-010

'Kresburg, the largest harbor on the continent is a large city that is the second largest one in Duresia, unlike many settlements in Duresia, Kresburg has no mountains around it and lies in the Duchy of Kresburg that is known for it's vast fields and flatlands, jokingly it's called 'Plattburg' in Lyrian since the Duchy of Kresburg has the lowest average elevation point in all of Duresia.'
    - taken from 'Tourist Guide to Duresia'

This is the first Germanic Union Summit that will start in four days. Here the member state of the Germanic Union will discuss various proposals and ideas and also try to develop some kind of common foreign policy on the recent events in Esamir. The invited nations are : New Tarajan, Aloia, Antanares and Farve.

Last edited by Duresia on Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Duresia
    Duresia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Germanic Union Summit in Kresburg Empty Re: Germanic Union Summit in Kresburg

Post by Duresia Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:34 am

Since it's time to start the summit, I'd like every nation that is invited to make a post presenting their delegation to this summit and have a short introduction of them.
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:37 pm

NEW TARAJAN DELEGATION

Germanic Union Summit in Kresburg Ezmskj

King Friederick Wilhelm II and Queen Beatrice Van Hoensbroek-Dampierre-Van Vinkel

The King and Queen of New Tarajan, Emperor and Empress of the Empire. They have been the major force behind the decision of New Tarajan to join the Germanic Union (particularly the Queen, who's also a member of the Duresian Royal Family). Although they will not directly participate to the Summit, they will likely make an address to the meeting.

Germanic Union Summit in Kresburg So0ky8

Prime Minister Count Carl Van Houden

The Prime Minister of New Tarajan, Chancellor of the Empire, Minister of the Imperial and Royal House, and Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom, Count Van Houden have just been reconfirmed at his post by the recent elections with an overhelming majority and greater support inside the Landsraad, which now allows him to pursue his own policy (both domestically and on the international stage) with more freedom.
    He always looked very favourably to the Union and is extremely pro-Duresian, while being very sceptic of the Terran Federation (although he is actually striving for a more collaborative approach toward its members).
    Federation of Antanares
    Federation of Antanares
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Federation of Antanares Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:02 am

ANTANARESIAN DELEGATION

Germanic Union Summit in Kresburg Pierre-casiraghi-610995

Prince Sebastian Valerian Higencourt

Prince of Antanares and leader of the Council of the Prince, the main government body of the Federation. One of the main supporter and promoter of the new foreign politics of the Federation, will be present to the meeting personally.

Germanic Union Summit in Kresburg Befunky_1024px-michael_d_higgins.jpg

Duke Gerard Yeats

Councillor for Foreign Affairs of Antanares. He is one of the promoter of the creation of OMNI Enforce, the improvement of the relationship between Antanares and its neighborings.

Farve
    Farve

Post by Farve Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:19 am

King Everett Lammert Freudenburg The IV
    Germanic Union Summit in Kresburg ATeTnnz

The king of Farve, King Everett The IV, he has lately been trying to fulfill his father's pedigree and continue advancing Farve on the path to excellence.
    He will attend the summit personally, albeit with a translator to make up for bad English.
    Duresia
    Duresia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Duresia Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:05 pm

Duresian Delegation

Germanic Union Summit in Kresburg Alexan11
    Chancellor Konrad Höffbek

Germanic Union Summit in Kresburg Felipe10
    Crown Prince Heinrik ver Hoensbroek

As the crowd inside the room gets silent the Crown Prince stands up and starts speaking:
    As I see everyone except the delegation of Aloia that couldn't attend, I'd like to announce that the meeting is starting, I welcome the delegations from New Tarajan, Antanares and Farve, it's a great pleasure to see us here where we will discuss the shape of our future together, as you know I was personally busy with foreign matters mostly the volcanic catastrophe in Arveyres and I wasn't much involved in economical or any development plans of Duresia so I'd like to give the word to my friend and Chancellor of Duresia, Konrad Höffbek.

As the Chancellor is getting ready to speak the Crown Prince goes around the room and personally greets all the delegates and some bodyguards, he stays for quite a long time exchanging words with the delegation of New Tarajan and talking to his sister, Queen Beatrice of Tarajan, as he sees that Konrad Höffbek is ready to speak he gets back to his seat and sits down.

As Konrad Höffbek gets up from his seat he starts to speak at the podium:

Welcome, welcome all, as you know the goal of this summit is to exchange our views on how the Germanic Union will be developed and in which direction, I definitely feel that the Union is a huge step for us in foreign politics and can be used as a powerful tool to achieve our goals, firstly I'd like to propose that we all say our ideas about the Union and see what we agree upon and not, I personally think that military agreements are not needed since Duresia, Antanares and New Tarajan are members of OMNI but Kingdom of Farve isn't, therefore I want to directly extend the proposition to Farve to join OMNI and enjoy the security it can provide to the Kingdom, as for other matters, I'd like to propose for the Union to work closer on economical level and educational, we Union could provide scholarships for exceptional students and allow them to study at top universities of their choice in our nations, in that case we'd need to get a list of universities that would like to participate in such an exchange programme. As for economical matters, I think that maybe in the future when our economical ties strenghten we could even have a common currency when our markets get on similar level, which could extremly ease the trade between our nations not having to bother about exchange rates, I'd like to ask the delegations of each nations here if they agree and if they have any ideas themselves. Thank you.

Konrad Höffbek sits down and is waiting for the next delegation to speak.
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:36 pm

Germanic Union Summit in Kresburg Rkxb9y

Immediately after the speech from the Duresian delegation, King Friederick Wilhelm II stands up from his chair, side by side with Queen Beatrice, and begins his own speech to the delegations:

"Fellow members of the Germanic Union, I don't want to bother you with a long, unuseful speech. My aim now is to greet everyone of you here, in this wonderful city, offered as location by our dear Duresian brothers, to hold the first meeting of this Union.
    This is a great day, for all our countries: here, for the first time, we will put our common cultural heritage to a good use, to promote a better and brighter future for our people, for our citizens and our children. As a major supporter of this initiative, I wish the best of luck to everyone, around this table, hoping to see soon the first results of our Union.
    Thank you."

Then, King Friederick Wilhelm and the Queen move to greet Crown Prince Heinrik.

Germanic Union Summit in Kresburg 4rdf12

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Count Carl Van Houden, addresses the delegates:

"Greetings, fellow delegates.
    First of all, I wish to thank once again the Kingdom of Duresia, not only for having offered this wonderful place in order to host the summit, but also for being the promoters of this wonderful initiative, which is the Germanic Union.
    When our Government was first informed, through the Duresian ambassador in Astana, of the decision to launch the Union, I had no doubts about what to do. Why, someone could ask. It is very simple: because I understood immediately that uniting countries which share the same cultural heritage is the right way to handle with the challenges awaiting us on our path toward the future.
    I said we have a common heritage: but, sure, this doesn't mean we are identical. Our countries have rich and long histories, and they made them unique. We need to use these differences to become stronger: Strength through Unity, Unity through Diversity. This is my personal motto while thinking about this Union.
    New Tarajan has a long history of conflicting cultures and civilizations: we know too well the horrors that his kind of fight can bring upon our lands. But we overcame that dark period, and now our country, our whole Empire, is a monument to the concept of Unity through Diversity, and we are proud of it. For this reason, we believe in this Union, and we are ready to commit ourselves to its further development.
    My esteemed colleague, the Chancellor of Duresia, to whom I extend once again my gratitude, made some points to us: the integration between OMNI Enforcer and the Union, first of all.
    Let me say that I am extremely keen to accept this suggestion: OMNI Enforcer is the first, integrated, supranational military force of world history. Still a lot of work needs to be done on it, but we have a wonderful starting point. And I personally wish to extend the invitation to join OMNI to our fellow delegates of Farve: to you, I can say that you will be more than welcome in our military force.
    About the university system: New Tarajan has always been proud of its university system, and particularly of the capacity of this system to be more and more internationalized. Thus, I believe this is the right time and place to create a university-level exchange program. Moreover, we would be very favourable to a standardization of university grades and procedures among Member States, in order to make more easy for students coming from different countries to integrate themselves.
    Economic cooperation and integration is another good point, we always favoured: however, we believe it is premature to create right now a single currency for all Member States. Too many are the differences in value among our currencies. Also, we need to handle the issue of a currency which is valid not only for us, but also for many other countries: the Prand, the Tarajani currency, which is actually employed all over the Empire, including the Sultanate of Ashar, the Grand Duchy of Meisjegronden, and the Overseas Territories of East Karasin, South and North Ienara, and even the Principality of Arveyres.
    The Principality of North Ajania and the Grand Duchy of Sdudeti-Karabak also use the Prand, although their intention (which they announced to me before my departure to reach Kresburg) to join this Union will eliminate the problem on their part.
    We need to handle with this fact. However, we are still committed to the strengthening of our economic ties, and we are ready to hear further suggestions and proposals about these delicate issues.
    I wish also to raise another point: foreign policy. If we really wish to bring this Union further toward reaching the rank of a true Power in international affairs, than we need a good mean to coordinate our foreign policies, which was already a prerequisite for the success of OMNI Enforcer.
    I believe this is the right moment, to begin creating an infrastructure for our Union: a permanent seat (or more than one, eventually) where to hold our meetings; a new diplomatic network among Member States; a place where to strictly coordinate ourselves when the need arises."
    Federation of Antanares
    Federation of Antanares
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Federation of Antanares Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:28 am

Germanic Union Summit in Kresburg Pierre-casiraghi-610995

"We are happy to be there. Antanares valuates the cooperation between nations how one of the most important goal to achieve in the world diplomacy. First of all, we would thanks our host, Kingdom of Duresia, for the location and the palace where we are reunited. Reunited under one single flag, the flag of the Germanic Union, the possibility for cultures that shares fundamental values, like us, to collaborate and try to create something great.
    We are here to demonstrate to the world that, with our actions, we will help the construction of the peace, sharing the best that our peoples have, to achieve something better. This meeting is the promise, for us all, for our citizens and the world, to try to do something good. Thanks to all"

"I'm a man of few words. I'm honored to be here with our allies and our friends. We can start, collaborating with each others, a new course for our nations. I think, after have listened my honorable colleagues, that the extension of the OMNI would be a first, great step. We have a common goal: the peace. We abhor the violence, but we understand that sometimes, some situations, require the force to be resolved. OMNI is an instrument of peace and order. It is the best way for different nations to put differences apart and cooperate in one of the most important field in the policies of every nations.
    But Antanares thinks that this could be only one of the parallel steps that we can do to improve our Union. We, and for we I intend all us, represent some of the finest nations in the world in different field, from science to arts. We could launch the first Germanic Exposition, where all our nations could present projects, commercial products, their nations. We can collaborate in many fields and, most important, we must do this"
    Farve
    Farve

Post by Farve Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:54 am

Germanic Union Summit in Kresburg Nation15

After the Antanarasian delegation finished speaking, King Everett Freudenburg The IV stood up and gave his speech.

"As a man that values actions more than words, I have little to say. I have proposed the joining of OMNI before parliament, and my proposal is currently under legislation. I feel that joining OMNI would be in the best interest of the Kingdom, as our military is relatively small compared to our larger neighbors, and our troops will be happy to join a larger force. The economic cooperation as proposed by Duresia I believe is also a step in the right direction, as Farve is in need of new trading partners, and could bring Farve out of a recent small recession. Now, to the idea of a Germanic Exposition. I believe that an exposition could be only beneficial to both Farve and the Union as a whole."
    Duresia
    Duresia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Duresia Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:48 am

After the Farvean King has spoken, Chancellor Konrad Höffbek stood up again and spoke again:

Germanic Union Summit in Kresburg 14-svy12
    We are happy to hear that the Kingdom of Farve is interested in joining OMNI, we also thank for the kind words of the delegation of Antanares, OMNI and the Germanic Union is indeed an useful tool to strenghten our power and influence in the region and we appreciate your enthusiasm about this summit and our future cooperation. Now, I'd like to turn to the Tajarani delegation, I appreciate the kind words of the Tajarani Prime Minister Carl Van Houden, I appreciate your personal involvement in this project, while this wasn't from the start a project of mine I have myself also became highly involved in it as I feel it has a great potential that we cannot afford to waste, and as you mr. Van Houden said yourself, unity through diversity is a good motto for this union, actually we should adopt it as the official motto of the union. Now what I'd like to hear from you our dear guests are proposals of cooperation for this union, as I also said before, a common union currency is a far future plan, nothing to be concerned about at this particular moment.

Coming to proposals, firstly I'd like to propose a tariff free trade policy between the nations of Farve, New Tarajan, Antanares and Duresia to increase our cooperation, I'd like us to vote on it right now. Duresia votes yes of course.
    Secondly I would like to propose a free travel policy between the union nations, involving abolishment of work permits, residence permits and travel visas, every citizen of a nation that is a member of Germanic Union will be able to settle, work, travel and study in any member nation of their choosing, which are Farve, New Tarajan, Aloia, Antanares and Duresia. As with the first proposal, Duresia votes yes.
    Federation of Antanares
    Federation of Antanares
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Federation of Antanares Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:52 am

Antanares, of course, vote yes to both the proposals of my colleague of Duresia. Antanares and all the nations of this Union will only find benefits in the mutual cooperation and the possibilities to expand our knowledge of each other consenting free visas and possibilities to travel for everyone.

Also, but I think not less important, we would propose the foundation of a Germanic Union Academy in each member state. The academies will spread the culture of the other countries, create student exchange programs, organize events for the Union in the member state. Antanares vote yes for this proposal, of course.
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:10 pm

Germanic Union Summit in Kresburg 3463lzs

"The proposals presented by the Duresian government are very interesting. The Tarajani Government is very keen in accepting both of them, however we would like to remind the peculiar position of New Tarajan, as head of an Empire composed by different States: as such, the Principality of North Ajania and the Grand Duchy of Sdudeti-Karabak, as members of this Union, will share these policies with New Tarajan. The issue is about Meisjegronden and Ashar: although they formally are not part of the Union, they're still Imperial States. As such, we would like to propose for them a specific regime, which would allow them to retain their privileges as Imperial States inside our system while New Tarajan, Sdudeti-Karabak and North Ajania fully integrate themselves inside the Union. We would be very keen in proposing a formal entrance of both States in the Union, but we understand that this decision concerns not only us, but every Member of this Union; also, in case all Members of the Union agree in accepting their entrance, a referendum should be held to hear their citizens about the issue.
    By the way, if this issue could be resolved, our vote is yes.
    We also support the proposal by Antanares of a Germanic Union Academy. New Tarajan already experimented a system of international academies on its own soil, with great success. The establishment of such a system for the Germanic Union would, in our opinion, greatly enhance the level of cooperation and interdependence among our scholars."
    Duresia
    Duresia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Duresia Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:47 am

Germanic Union Summit in Kresburg 14-svy10

Chancellor Konrad Höffbek :I'm glad to hear the proposal of Antanares and I happily vote yes for that proposal, as for the issue of the Tajrani Imperial states, I am sure they can be included in our freedom of movement treaty and since they are Tajarani states they can also be incuded in the other Union programs and be integrated into the union, so I think that matter is resolved in this case. I'd also like to propose for the Free City of Kresburg to host the headquarters of the Germanic Union if the other member states agree on it, Kresburg has always been a centre of Lyrian culture in Duresia and therefore a centre of Germanic culture and because it is just by the Lyrian sea, it's also open to the world. So that's the last proposal I would like to make, would the other leaders agree?
    Also as a last matter I would like every nation to write full drafts of their proposals so we could take a closer look at it, though that can be done after this summit is over.
    ?
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:51 pm

Germanic Union Summit in Kresburg Fo3iww

"New Tarajan is glad to hear the assurances of the Duresian Government. We would be glad to inform the other Imperial States of this important news, and eventually to see soon their decision to apply for integrating into the Union.
    Also, we gladly accept the proposal of Kresburg as seat of the headquarters of this Union. Although, we would likely propose the possibility to host the Summits in a different capital city every time, so to strengthen the link between the Union and the single Member States and their public opinions.
    Finally, to summarize what we had proposed here on our behalf:

1. Integration between OMNI Enforcer and the Germanic Union, with the former officially becoming the military branch of the latter (although with the necessary flexibility, due to the presence, in OMNI, of States not members of the Union);

2. University-level exchange program and university grades standardization;

3. A permanent seat for th Union (in this case, after the Duresian proposal, Kresburg);

4. A system of strict coordination of foreign policy for Member States;

We hope to bring this Summit to a very successful outcome."
    Duresia
    Duresia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Duresia Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:25 pm

Germanic Union Summit in Kresburg 14-svy11

Konrad Höffbek adressed the Tajarani delegation shortly after: I am personally glad to hear that the Tajarani delegation agrees with me, hosting the summits in different cities each time is surely a great idea to promote the culture of each member state and Duresia agrees with that. As for adressing your proposals we agree with the integration of OMNI with the Germanic Union, also we agree with the university level exchange progrmmes and the grade standardization and again we are happy that you approve of Kresburg being the permanent seat of Germanic Union.

What we don't agree with is the strict foreign policy, we all have our strives with different nations, we are afraid that such strict policy would isolate the Union from the rest of Esamir.

We are to be seen as an example for sure but not as the isolationist one, also it would extremly affect sovereignity of each member state, something we don't wish to happen, our countries are free to act as they please, and no law in the Germanic Union should prevent their ability to do so, therefore we strongly oppose the idea of a strict foreign policy, we are to act as we please as long as we don't knowingly hurt any other member state by it.

Also to summarize our proposals -

1. Free trade policy between member states.
    2. Right to live, work and study in every member states for Germanic Union citizens.
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:33 am

Germanic Union Summit in Kresburg Fo3iww

"We understand the Duresian concerns about our proposal of a stricter coordination in foreign policy matters among Member States, and indeed we wish to discourage such concerns: we are not proposing the birth of a unified Ministry of Foreign Affairs, nor we wish to undermine the fundamental sovereignty of every Member State. However, at the same time we need to give to this Union a framework, something linking our individual efforts, avoiding future, possible situations where Member States could come in conflict with each other regarding divergent foreign policies. This is a structural issue we need to handle with: the election of a Secretary General with coordination powers and a three-months mandate could be a first step in this direction."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:29 pm