Esamir

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Esamir, a Nationstates Region.

4 posters

(P(I)) Nature Preservation Resolution

Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

(P(I)) Nature Preservation Resolution Empty (P(I)) Nature Preservation Resolution

Post by Kaevi Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:20 am

NATURE PRESERVATION RESOLUTION
    Authored by Kaevi

Seeing that the world’s ecosystems are under attack by nations and organizations seeking to exploit them for their natural resources, this resolution seeks to preserve select tracts of land in the name of protecting species and the enrivonment.

Section I - Preserved Areas
    Article 1: Establishes the areas highlighted in green in Figure A as Tier 1 Nature Preserves. These areas may only be altered by the Esamir General Assembly.
    Article 2: Permits the Map Commission (MC) to establish more preserved areas as Tier 2 Nature Preserves. These areas may be altered at any time with unanimous approval of the MC.

Section II - Governance
    Article 1: Preserved areas shall be inspected and governed by the Prosecutor General
    Article 2: The Prosecutor General shall prosecute those who break the following rules.
    Article 3: Nothing brought into the preserved areas may be left behind and natural resources, including plants and animals, are not to be harvested.
    Article 4: Only those who wish to conduct scientific research or partake in religious practices may enter a preserved area, as long as the activity does not involve seriously damaging the environment.

Figure A:

Last edited by Kaevi on Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:08 am; edited 3 times in total
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

(P(I)) Nature Preservation Resolution Empty Re: (P(I)) Nature Preservation Resolution

Post by Kaevi Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:22 am

The debate period has now begun, ending on January 24, 2016, at 00:00 UTC.
    The author may petition to the Secretary-General to end the debate period.
    Votes will not be counted during this time.
    UK of Zackalantis
    UK of Zackalantis
    Common State
    Common State

(P(I)) Nature Preservation Resolution Empty Re: (P(I)) Nature Preservation Resolution

Post by UK of Zackalantis Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:39 pm

A question about Section 2: Article 3.
    Does this also prohibit extraction of certain species for preservation in gene banks?

And could the author ammend the article to mention genetic pollution by introduction of new species.
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:44 am

Zackalantis wrote:A question about Section 2: Article 3.
    Does this also prohibit extraction of certain species for preservation in gene banks?

No, as long as whole animals are not removed. Scientists may take genetic samples of animals whilst in a nature preserve.

Zackalantis wrote:And could the author ammend the article to mention genetic pollution by introduction of new species.

I am afraid I cannot. Preventing nature from taking its course as it would in the true wilderness would take away from what this resolution aims to achieve.
    UK of Zackalantis
    UK of Zackalantis
    Common State
    Common State

Post by UK of Zackalantis Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:47 am

Kaevi wrote:
    Zackalantis wrote:A question about Section 2: Article 3.

No, as long as whole animals are not removed. Scientists may take genetic samples of animals whilst in a nature preserve.

Zackalantis wrote:And could the author ammend the article to mention genetic pollution by introduction of new species.

I am afraid I cannot. Preventing nature from taking its course as it would in the true wilderness would take away from what this resolution aims to achieve.

Yes exactly. We are trying to say that you should highlight introduction of new species should not be allowed
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:55 am

Zackalantis wrote:Yes exactly. We are trying to say that you should highlight introduction of new species should not be allowed

I apologize for not clarifying, allow me to explain.

The introduction of species by humans, robots, etc. is banned by the provision that states that nothing brought into a preserved area may be left behind.
    Say someone brings a cat along, if this cat gets loose, whoever owned the cat will face a penalty as she/he did not bring back what was brought in.

If a non-human species goes into a preserved area as animals sometimes do, then nothing will be done. Nature will take its course.
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

(P(I)) Nature Preservation Resolution Empty Voting Information

Post by Kaevi Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:12 pm

The author has decided to end the debate period.
    The voting period shall begin now, ending on January 24, 2016, at 00:00 UTC.
    Nations may submit a vote in favor, abstention, or against.
    Votes of abstention will be counted as votes in favor.

Last edited by Kaevi on Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    Arveyres
    Arveyres
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Arveyres Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:16 pm

FOR
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:03 pm

FOR
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:16 am

FOR
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:24 pm

[center]The voting period has ended and the results are as follows:

FOR - 3
    AGAINST - 0

The "Nature Preservation Resolution" has been passed by the Esamir General Assembly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:31 pm