Official Forum for Esamir, a Nationstates Region.


    Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Share
    avatar
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

    Posts : 335
    Join date : 2014-08-04

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by Kaevi on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:00 am

    Europe and Asia wrote:http://postimg.org/image/5e8jhlrz5/ Here's the link.

    I like it, but I am concerned about the longevity of the map. After finding the source of this image (link below), I see that expansions would not be possible unless someone contacted the original artist. I suppose this could be mediated by making claims much smaller than what we've seen before, but who knows how many nations will claim a spot.

    http://www.cartographersguild.com/finished-maps/22732-western-anthemios.html#post250950

    It seems that the artist may be slowly (very slowly) adding onto the map, but we are at the mercy of his/her interest in the project.

    We could use a random map generator like this: http://donjon.bin.sh/world/ if we need a map in the immediate future.
    avatar
    Vajorr
    Global Force
    Global Force

    Posts : 159
    Join date : 2014-08-06
    Age : 18
    Location : Los Angeles, California, United States of America

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by Vajorr on Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:16 am

    avatar
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

    Posts : 1001
    Join date : 2014-08-03
    Age : 42
    Location : Ann Arbor, Michigan

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by Eurasia on Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:23 am

    Planita wrote:How is this?
    http://i.imgur.com/C14pRcV.gif

    I prefer this one the most. The only issue with a map like that is eventually we will have to increase it in size, at which point we'll have to create a new map.

    avatar
    Texania
    Authority
    Authority

    Posts : 31
    Join date : 2014-08-04

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by Texania on Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:29 am

    DELETED


    Last edited by Texania on Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:29 am; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    Vajorr
    Global Force
    Global Force

    Posts : 159
    Join date : 2014-08-06
    Age : 18
    Location : Los Angeles, California, United States of America

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by Vajorr on Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:19 am



    Last edited by Planita on Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Fascist Arkannia

    Posts : 54
    Join date : 2014-08-06

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by Fascist Arkannia on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:49 am

    Planita wrote:A new one: http://i.imgur.com/5psPZ47.gif

    I vote this one.
    avatar
    Tkhri

    Posts : 32
    Join date : 2014-08-09

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by Tkhri on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:24 pm

    I think that the map (this one: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/176/7/1/wa_map__1_nature_by_davehazekamp-d68f37t.png ) is too island-ey. There doesn't seem to be either a cohesive continent or a well defined main continent with smaller islands. I usually imagine that a NS region is comparable to a continent, except for the fact that NS has many more of them...

    PS:
    Fascist Arkannia wrote:
    Planita wrote:A new one: http://i.imgur.com/5psPZ47.gif

    I vote this one.
    I agree. This one is good.

    State of Matanya

    Posts : 2
    Join date : 2014-08-10

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by State of Matanya on Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:36 pm

    Planita wrote:A new one: http://i.imgur.com/5psPZ47.gif
    This.
    avatar
    New-Zealand

    Posts : 295
    Join date : 2014-08-02

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by New-Zealand on Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:03 pm

    Guys, the maps proposed by Planita just don't seem right to me. The land formations seem really odd, the land looks more like worn bits of parchment than actual land formations. The one linked by Eurasia was really good, but it was only part of a world (As someone already mentioned). 

    I rekon we should give Dromoda a chance to perhaps propose his own creation. He did a really good job with the original WA map (Eurussia kept putting pressure on him to expand and add a ridiculously large number of islands on it), but I think he'd do a very good job at creating one for our region. 


    However, Eurasia, do you know how we can get a whole world version of the map you proposed?
    avatar
    Fascesia
    Authority
    Authority

    Posts : 40
    Join date : 2014-08-04
    Location : Switzerland

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by Fascesia on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:18 pm

    I'm thinking like NZ, the map proposed by Planita looks like a drawing that got wet

    State of Matanya

    Posts : 2
    Join date : 2014-08-10

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by State of Matanya on Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:43 pm

    The planita map do looks like a flooded landscape.
    I would be happy to happy to see some islands in the map
    avatar
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

    Posts : 1001
    Join date : 2014-08-03
    Age : 42
    Location : Ann Arbor, Michigan

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by Eurasia on Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:06 am

    New-Zealand wrote:Guys, the maps proposed by Planita just don't seem right to me. The land formations seem really odd, the land looks more like worn bits of parchment than actual land formations. The one linked by Eurasia was really good, but it was only part of a world (As someone already mentioned). 

    I rekon we should give Dromoda a chance to perhaps propose his own creation. He did a really good job with the original WA map (Eurussia kept putting pressure on him to expand and add a ridiculously large number of islands on it), but I think he'd do a very good job at creating one for our region. 


    However, Eurasia, do you know how we can get a whole world version of the map you proposed?

    I'm not sure. Catham showed it to me, so I'll have to ask him.
    avatar
    Ireland
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

    Posts : 83
    Join date : 2014-08-04
    Age : 17
    Location : Macon, Georgia

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by Ireland on Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:16 am

    I think we should do our map much like the real world. You know 71% water, 29% land. Or something in that range of things.
    avatar
    Vajorr
    Global Force
    Global Force

    Posts : 159
    Join date : 2014-08-06
    Age : 18
    Location : Los Angeles, California, United States of America

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by Vajorr on Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:59 am

    Well it would be easy to use it the map but I would like to see Dromoda's map first
    avatar
    Fascist Arkannia

    Posts : 54
    Join date : 2014-08-06

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by Fascist Arkannia on Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:43 am

    Civilization V has a mod tool that allows you to construct maps. Maybe it would help.

    EX_nation

    Posts : 67
    Join date : 2014-08-08
    Age : 23

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by EX_nation on Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:33 pm

    Enough guys =w=

    let's just back to the old map it's more better than the maps you suggested for us to use. if we do.

    I will take the former atletian lands. thank you

    avatar
    Reisal
    Global Force
    Global Force

    Posts : 128
    Join date : 2014-08-04
    Location : Canada

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by Reisal on Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:51 pm

    Why not just stick with the old map. Its easier that way
    avatar
    Arveyres
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

    Posts : 340
    Join date : 2014-08-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Minnesota, USA

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by Arveyres on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:02 am

    Imperial Tokugawa wrote:Enough guys =w=

    let's just back to the old map it's more better than the maps you suggested for us to use. if we do.

    I will take the former atletian lands. thank you
    Talanzaar wrote:Why not just stick with the old map. Its easier that way
    Yes, I'd be in favor of this, it would just make things easier.
    avatar
    Terres Royales du Eride

    Posts : 3
    Join date : 2014-08-04

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by Terres Royales du Eride on Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:19 am

    Ireland wrote:I think we should do our map much like the real world. You know 71% water, 29% land. Or something in that range of things.
    ^Agree

    But of course people want the old map, it's easier to just take something than actually make something, even though that map belongs to the WA, and not Esamir, so that is a main reason on why we can't use that map.
    And plus, it's ugly.
    I mean really.
    Come on.
    avatar
    Ireland
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

    Posts : 83
    Join date : 2014-08-04
    Age : 17
    Location : Macon, Georgia

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by Ireland on Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:37 am

    Albioncourt wrote:
    Imperial Tokugawa wrote:Enough guys =w=

    let's just back to the old map it's more better than the maps you suggested for us to use. if we do.

    I will take the former atletian lands. thank you
    Talanzaar wrote:Why not just stick with the old map. Its easier that way
    Yes, I'd be in favor of this, it would just make things easier.
    It would make things a whole lot easier
    avatar
    Fascist Arkannia

    Posts : 54
    Join date : 2014-08-06

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by Fascist Arkannia on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:42 am

    But it's not Esamir's map, it's the WA's. We need a new map or a modification to the old map. Although it would be easier to use the old map.

    EX_nation

    Posts : 67
    Join date : 2014-08-08
    Age : 23

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by EX_nation on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:01 pm

    Fascist Arkannia wrote:But it's not Esamir's map, it's the WA's. We need a new map or a modification to the old map. Although it would be easier to use the old map.

    ^ I Agree but i prefer to the old map
    avatar
    United States of Europe
    Global Force
    Global Force

    Posts : 134
    Join date : 2014-08-03
    Location : Latina,Lazio (Italy)

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by United States of Europe on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:27 pm

    I prefer the old map, but we are in a new region, so I understand from you the desire to change. So, why not get a new map from that of WA, and keeping it large enough to be divided into continents?
    avatar
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

    Posts : 549
    Join date : 2014-08-03
    Age : 26
    Location : Rome

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by New Tarajan on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:36 pm

    United States of Europe wrote:I prefer the old map, but we are in a new region, so I understand from you the desire to change. So, why not get a new map from that of WA, and keeping it large enough to be divided into continents?

    I prefer the old map too. Our countries are now deeply integrated with that geography: to change it could be very, very difficult.
    avatar
    Fascist Arkannia

    Posts : 54
    Join date : 2014-08-06

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by Fascist Arkannia on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:38 pm

    I can construct a large enough map with some continents, sub continents and islands/island chains. One hexagram is about 50 acres or something to that extent.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Esamir Map Discussion Thread

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:14 am