Esamir

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Esamir, a Nationstates Region.

+15
Indarside
Nynaruth
Kaevi
Auolius
Aloia
New Tarajan
Federation of Antanares
Duresia
Tkhri
Eurasia
Reisal
Reikstlan
Arveyres
Trapatrical
Vajorr
19 posters

Introductions

Vajorr
    Vajorr
    Global Force
    Global Force

Introductions Empty Introductions

Post by Vajorr Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:13 pm

All new nations please introduce themselves here!
    Trapatrical
    Trapatrical

Introductions Empty Re: Introductions

Post by Trapatrical Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:34 am

Greetings,

I am the Island Republic of Trapatrical, a democratic and progressive nation that wishes to establish itself as a genial entity within the region but also convey a strong presence in world affairs. Now for some of my out of character shtuff. I absolutely love music (hip hop, rock, and EDM) and would love to chat about any of the previous genres I listed with some of you. I also love writing and roleplaying so if I sound super duper serious...I'm probably just acting. I'm actually a pretty laid back guy Very Happy
    Arveyres
    Arveyres
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Arveyres Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:00 am

Amo la musica

Last edited by Arveyres on Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    Reikstlan
    Reikstlan

Post by Reikstlan Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:01 pm

Hello guys! I'm new to the region, not really new to NS; been here for about two years. Just wanna get integrated into an RPing region now 'ya know?

The official name of my nation is the Kingdom of Reikstlan. Basically my country is an elective semi-absolute monarchy that functions alongside a parliament, but they're mostly just for looks kinda like the Roman Senate after Octavian Augustus. We are a very conservative country IC-ly and highly militarised.
    As far as RL goes, you can address me as Sam, which is my nickname. I live in Houston, I am an amateur classical composer as well as play all the instruments of a string quartet. I speak three languages fluently (Spanish, my mother tongue, English and French) and am trying to learn German. When it comes to politics, I'm not really like my country. Usually I identify with the American Libertarian Party, don't interfere in people's lives except to maintain order and civility, 'ya know?
    And that's pretty much it. See 'ya round guys!
    Reisal
    Reisal
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Reisal Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:20 pm

Welcome to the region Sam!
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:04 pm

Hello,

I am the Empire of Eurasia, or Lawrence. (Call me Eurasia or Lorenzo.) My nation is an absolute monarchy witha long history of imperialism and colonization. I have invaded roughly half of Esamir since its inception. I have been on NS for quite some time now, and I was the chief Justice in the former World Alliance before Big Fat Butt Face killed the fun. Here in Esamir, I am a founder and the 100% most important person in this region.

The Empire of Eurasia is an absolute monarchy ruled by Emperor Augustus IV. Despite its sole executive being unelected, it maintains an elected Senate that passes legislation and writes laws. It has the largest military in Esamir and also one of the largest economies. Eurasia has existed since 100 BCE, and is the largest Empire on Esamir. Eurasia is modeled after the Roman Empire, and it's culture is more or less the same. Politically, Eurasia straddles the lone between social liberalism and conservatism. Eurasia has a history of colonization (Arveyres, Yellasia, Meigmaland, UKZ etc.), and accidentally started Christianity.

Outside our little fiefdom, I am a Surgical Oncologist in Ann Arbor, MI. I graduated from Kalamazoo College and went to U of M (MSU sucks get over it) Med School. I am married with two children (boy and girl). I enjoy video games (perhaps too much for a 40 year old but whatever), and I am a fanatic for Fallout, Halo, and The Elder Scrolls. Call of Duty sucks and I will never buy another one. I also enjoy reading, NS (obviously), drinking, and drinking. I begrudgingly exercise, and I dabble in languages. I can speak fluent Spanish. I hate yard work. I like cats more than dogs, but I don't hate dogs. Cats are just more entertaining.

I like Brooks Brothers suits. I also like ties and cufflinks. I am fanatically devoted to my watches, of which I have an Omega, Baume et Mercier, Breitling, Longines, Tissot, Maurice Lacroix, and the sacred Patek Philippe. Rolex is okay. I also like fountain pens. Specifically Waterman ones. I dislike dress shoes with rubber soles. I also dislike dress shirts that have adjustable cuffs. I like German cars (but I also like Lexus). I dislike winter (but live in Michigan so how's that stupid).

Todd Howard is our Lord and Savior.

Bernie Sanders for President.

Four More for Gore.

Last edited by Eurasia on Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:41 am; edited 7 times in total
    Arveyres
    Arveyres
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Arveyres Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:19 am

Aloha,

I am the Royal Society of Albioncourt (I can be alled Albion, Arveyres, HPs, Patrique, Bae). I've been a royal society since the downfall of the Holy Patrician States and I slowly became the Royal Society of Arveyres. I am a secondary student and accountant in St. Paul, MN, I am originally from Geneva/Genf, Switzerland, but I was born in Turkey. I speak fluent French, English, Romanche, and some Occitan, and I've been dabbling in various other languages. I have created many of my own. I like pop, rap, metal, and salsa music. I just got out of a 3 year relationship and I have 5 living siblings.

Gay is ok.
    Tkhri
    Tkhri

Post by Tkhri Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:56 am

Hi, my name is Eliran, and my country (The Democratic Republic of Meigmaland) promotes a blend of modernity with ancient practices, though we get caught up in issues too quickly. Out of NS, I speak English, Hebrew, and am learning Arabic. I am in 11th grade going to an online school (it's officially a private school, but it's really homeschooling), and I am from New Jersey. My main interests are in-
    • technology
    • graphic design (I am considering doing something graphic design related as an adult),
    • cooking,
    • philosophy (which I didn't realize until the beginning of this year, when I started taking Honors Philosophy and Ethics),
    • design,
    • fonts,
    • linguistics,
    • chess,
    • linux,
    • Harry Potter,
    • vexillology,
    • etc.

I really like to watch "The Big Bang Theory," "Modern Family," and "The Daily Show." I also like to watch some shows that have already ended, such as "Star Trek" (I'm up to the third season of Deep Space Nine) and "Doogie Howser." I also watch a lot of YouTube videos, but different channels than most people (I think), such as-
    • AsapSCIENCE,
    • BuzzFeed Video,
    • CGP Grey,
    • Good Mythical Morning,
    • In59Seconds,
    • Matthew Santoro,
    • Mental Floss,
    • Quirkology,
    • Rhett & Link,
    • Sorted Food,
    • The Vegan Zombie,
    • Tom Scott,
    • Veritasium,
    • vlogbrothers,
    • and Vsauce.

I also enjoy practicing Judaism. I speak Hebrew relatively well, and am currently learning Arabic.
    I am vegan, which means that I do not eat meat, dairy, fish, or eggs. I have been vegetarian my entire life (both of my parents are vegetarian), and decided to become vegan after I watched a video on YouTube about reasons to become vegan, thinking that it would focus on meat, which I already didn't eat, and figured it would give me more reasons not to eat meat. But, this video talked about fish, eggs, and dairy more than anything else. So far, my parents have been supportive of my decision, and I have been vegan for about two years now.
    I am also left-handed, which makes many parts of life slightly annoying, but it is easy to get over those small things. Interesting fact: August 13th is International Left-Handers Day.

So, to everyone,
    Hello
    שלום
    مرحبا

Last edited by Tkhri on Fri May 22, 2015 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Vajorr
    Vajorr
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Vajorr Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:38 am

Hello, my name is Riker although you can call me Scott.  My country (The Federated Planitan Republics aka Planita) is my main nation but it does not reflect my true political beliefs. I am a co-founder of this region and I helped develop it. Outside of NS, I have a mediocre life. My grades are average, and I am not the most popular person in my school. I joined my school's ACADEATH Academic Decathlon, which is 10 AP level subjects (Economics, Political Science, Art History etc.) all within in a school year. I enjoy this game and reading good books. If you have any questions just drop me a line!

Last edited by Planita on Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Duresia
    Duresia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Duresia Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:23 am

Hey, my nations name is Duresia and I used to go under Shirouma just a few months back, you can call me by my real name too which is Maciej, my nation doesn't always reflect my political beliefs but there is an idea behind how I choose my policies. Most of the time nowadays I work at a care home for elderly people suffering from dementia and other ilnesses. I live in a small town outside of Göteborg in Sweden but originally I am from Poland, I speak Polish, Swedish and English fluently, I also speak decent Russian and some Serbocroatian and German. Last year I did my military service in the Swedish military. My biggest interests are politics, economics, movies, geography, history, religion, culture, martial arts and languages, right now the thing I do the most at home is reading, planning my little eurotrip and working on 'Duresian' my own fictional language, if you want to talk, just ask for my skype Smile

Last edited by Duresia on Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Federation of Antanares
    Federation of Antanares
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Federation of Antanares Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:11 am

Hello,
    I'm the Federation of Antanares, a rich authoritarian nation with a large manufacturing sector and a big army. You can call me Antanares, Federation, David, Emanuel, my Lord or God (make your choice). I speak Italian and English. I was born in Benevento, in the south of Italy but for now I live at Rome, where I attend at "La Sapienza", first university of the city, where I study Sociology. I like a lot of different kind of music, a lot of different authors. My interests are politics, sociology, psychology, history, anthropology, culture, religion, music, reading, natural sciences and others.
    Have a good time ^^
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:46 am

Hi there,
    I'm the Federal Aristocratic Kingdom of New Tarajan (I know, it's a long name), a federal (which is to say: feudal) semi-absolute monarchy (inspired as a sort of mix between Persia and The Netherlands) with a very strange political system, which could be summarized easily as: "we got democracy, but not so much, and never against the will of the King/Emperor". New Tarajan it's a country with a rich history, a wonderful choice for tourists, and a terribly powerful financial sector (with military forces and intelligence which come soon after). If you wish to live in a XXI century country whose elite looks as just emerged from the late XIX century (my personal dream), well, you have to come on board.
    I also play the satellites of New Tarajan: Sdudeti-Karabak, North Ajania, Meisjegronden and Ashar, although not very much.
    But, outside of the wonderful Royal Palace of Astana, my name is Arturo, a political scientist passionately in love with history, philosophy, diplomacy, strategy, and so on. I actually speak Italian, English, a bit of French and Russian.

Buon gioco a tutti!
    P.S.: me and Antanares are brothers.
    Reisal
    Reisal
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Reisal Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:45 am

Hi! The United States of Talanzaar is a sprawling nation of 3,669,709,627 citizens, a number that fluctuates constantly. The form of government is known as Civil Rights Lovefest, which is defined by some as a system that emphasize the will of the individual and his/her will over that of society or government - individual freedom social equality and mutual aid are the norm. The beloved national animal of Talanzaar is the Fennec fox. The economy of Talanzaar is classified as Frightening, which means, the Talanzaar Economy is one of the strongest, most volatile, Frightening economic systems in The World. The economy is tied to the strength and value of the Gold Krona, its national currency and is driven by the Information Technology industry where much of the population is employed in some capacity or another. Civil Rights in Talanzaar is classified as Superb , which means, the citizens of Talanzaar are almost universally free, under the law, to say and do as they please in this nation of Superb Civil Rights. Political Freedom in Talanzaar is classified as Superb , which means, politicians and citizens alike are so free in Talanzaar that sometimes their freedoms step on others' freedoms in this nation of Superb Political Freedoms. In real life, I'm a proud Canadian. If you need have any questions, feel free to shoot me a telegram!
    Aloia
    Aloia
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Aloia Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:59 pm

I am the Kingdom of Aloia, a constitutional monarchy currently led by Her Majesty Queen Marina Victoria. We have a bicameral legislature consisting of the upper house, the High Council, and the lower house, the Senate. Each province elects a single representative to the High Council and membership in the Senate is based on population. For example, Aloia's largest city is the city of Minneapolis, which is the capital of the province of Hennepin. Hennepin has the largest population of any province, and as such, has many more representatives in the Senate than, say, the sparsely populated Traverse province. Aloians value equality, freedom, and compassion over all and those ideals are reflected in Aloia's foreign policy. Aloians tend to lean center-left and are very politically active.

In real life, my name is Erik and I live in Kansas. I'm currently in high school, but next year I plan on going to Kansas State University to become a high school social studies teacher. I'm pretty good friends with Arveyres and Marquette of Pacific. I try to be reasonable and compassionate, so if you want to be friends just send me a telegram!
    Auolius
    Auolius
    Common State
    Common State

Post by Auolius Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:01 am

Hi Guys, I'm Auolius, a new guy to NS, and somewhat of a puppet to Ebsotz, a nation in the WA. I'm from the Very Dry Southern CA (SoCal) and I have some experience in NS. I know Lockdownn.

Very Happy
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:13 pm

Hello people.

My nation is Kaevi and I have been a member here for a good while. Kaevi is a highly technologically advanced, communist island nation. Despite being a direct democracy, the government has been ruled by academic oligarchs who tend to be viewed as environmental extremists. The nation's urban areas are largely in a state of decay, while the rest of the country is dominated by tropical rainforests. There is no military or formal police force in Kaevi, instead there are omnipresent branches of the massive government that keep the populace in check through cunning uses of propaganda and what most would consider brainwashing. Kaevi also has two territories on another continent that are largely agrarian and home to massive detention camps.

In the real world (or is it?), you can call me Landon and I live in Alabama (uugh). I attend The University of Alabama (yes, the "The" is supposed to be capitalized) and major in MIS. I enjoy nature, sci-fi, anime, tech, and traveling. I generally try to remain neutral towards everything and avoid conflict. Personality wise, I have a quiet demeanor and have been told I can be extremely sadistic at times...

I am also the Esamir record holder for having the largest flag picture.
    Nynaruth
    Nynaruth
    Authority
    Authority

Post by Nynaruth Fri May 22, 2015 8:01 am

Hi, Im the Theocratic Dominion of Ny'nareth. We are governed by the exalted High Hierophant Usplund and his cabinet of Overseers, much like ministers under a king with absolute power. As a nation we are peaceful (though we still keep a moderate standing military), with a large focus toward agricultural, medical, and humanitarian pursuits. We are known for our willingness to provide our plentiful harvests to the masses and medical services to the weak, our strict vegetarian stance, and our religion which requires human sacrifice to the Abysmal Angel Surolthun as a show of good faith. The government and church are one, and all are required in the country to be a believer in the Church of the Abysmal Angel (C.A.A), and though we have capitalistic tendencies, all food production, medical services, and related industries are controlled by the church. However, the people only receive what they need for survival, the rest is preserved and saved to help other nations. For that is a stable belief in CAA, that Ny'naruth mist sacrifice itself for the care of other nations, as others must sacrifice themselves for the good of others, as Surolthun delved into the Abyss so as to find the Once-God and purge the world of false idols. We also have great academies for culinary arts and medical research and extensive libraries (some filled with ancient forbidden knowledge that must not surface again). Our architectural style is a more curved version of gothic design, though our more modern buildings are plain white and sterile inside and out with little decoration.

Personally, im an Ohioan. I love cooking, writing, drawing, and card games among other things. My favorite food is Buffalo...well anything, and my current favorite drink is Sangrita Blast Mt. Dew. Im about to begin training as a pharmacy technician, and hope to continue to the top. Also, im very eccentric, weird, and at times dark.
    Indarside
    Indarside

Post by Indarside Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:07 am

Hey, I'm Indarside

I'm not extremely new to Nationstates, but I am new to Esamir.
    Joined because of Planetside 2, (Esamir is my second favourite continent) - seen you guys around for a while, but the Warzone thing actually persuaded me to make a puppet and sign up. Nice job btw.

Compared to all these other intros - mine is lacking, but I'm always open to questions.
    Indarside
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:46 pm

Welcome aboard then Very Happy

Hope to see soon many news and infos about your country!
    Indarside
    Indarside

Post by Indarside Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:54 pm

I'll give it a shot. I'm pretty new to RP.
    Uckustinia
    Uckustinia

Post by Uckustinia Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:30 pm

Well, I'm back again. Not much more to say then hi! Very Happy

~Lockdownn/Shockwave
    Verboria
    Verboria

Post by Verboria Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:50 pm

I guess it would be appropriate if I made my first post on the forums here.

Salutations from the ever-gilded shores of Verboria!
    A nation whose state reveres the scales of Libra, its people radiant in honor.
    May peace rule eternal over sacred lands and may we value the blessings of our deities.
    And forever shall our men be devoted to the ideals of our forefathers in all eras.
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:08 am

Welcome in the Region! Smile
    Casavarr
    Casavarr

Post by Casavarr Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:02 pm

Greetings everyone!  Very Happy

Well, after some pressure from my friend, New Tarajan, here I'm back on Nationstates again. Maybe some of you may remember me, as I used to be a member of the World Alliance years ago. For those who doesn't (or doesn't know me at all), I'm Casavarr, nice to meet you!

Since the old time in the WA, the concept behind my nation has been changed a lot. Casavarr will still be a country devoted to culture, international free trade, welfare, political liberalism and human rights; however, it won't be a Grand Duchy anymore (even though that title played a huge role in the country's national identity building process). In fact, this time Casavarr will be a Federal Republic, a multicultural State which base its own existence on a complex system of ethnical representation.

I would like to provide more details about Casavarr and I would surely do that as soon as I find its place on the world map.

So, see you on the RP section! Very Happy
    Aloia
    Aloia
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Aloia Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:28 am

Welcome back beautiful Casavarr!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:23 pm