Welcome to the first Regional Historical Roleplay of Esamir, guys!
The purpose of this roleplay is very simple: to recreate the main events of the Liberal Revolution (something we have come to develop through the History Collaboration Thread), from 1789 (year of the beginning of the Revolution in Tarajan) to 1810.
Here, it's not the matter of creating an alternative historical rp. Our goal will be to enrich what we already have delineated in few strings, making what will become a milestone of a more global Regional History.
Thus, this roleplay will be probably more difficult and more challenging than what we are normally used to.
Here are few guidelines to keep in mind:
1. Follow your history: since here we are trying to tell history, and not to create a new one, we need to follow the steps we already have described in the History Collaboration Thread. While out there we have painted the "big picture", here we will fill it with events, with stories and so on. In few words, we will give life to that picture. To keep it short: we shall follow the histories of our countries. As such, we already know as this period will end, but we do not know still what will happen in the middle (at least, not in detail).
2. Be historically accurate (as possible): this is strictly historical RP. This means that we need to keep a strong historical stance: try to figure out how your country could behave, how the events we are telling here will influence the future developments of the country and its people, contributing to what we see in our contemporary RP.
3. No godmodding: A simple rule, valid for all kinds of RPs, but possibly even more important in our case. Godmodding will not be tolerated IN ANY CASE. If there are doubts about how events are unfolding, please talk with the Moderator (me).
4. Turn-based system: We will follow a new turn-based system, in order to give the necessary space for everyone, and try to give an order to the narration. Registrations for the RP will be open for four days since the submission of this post. Then, basing on the order of registration, every country/player will have its own turn during the week (see the next point). The Moderator shall be informed by the players about possible delays or other problems which may create problems for the system.
5. Calendar: we will follow a specific calendar. The idea is very simple: every week in real-life will be a month in the RP. At the end of the week/month, the Moderator will public a Summary of what has happened in that specific week/month. Ideally, every country/player will have its own turn during the week/month. In particular cases (and the Moderator shall be previously informed of such a choice), a player can choose not to use its turn for that particular week/month (although this should be limited only for particular problems).
6. Limited time-span: This is a very specific RP. As such, we will have a limited time-span, from 3rd February 1789 (beginning of the Revolution), to 31st December 1810.
Other few points: as you can imagine after reading what I wrote above, this is not an "easy kind" of RP. Nor it is possible to oblige all players to participate. I already mentioned the list we will have to register the participants. Of course, it could happen that countries which have a strong role to play in the events of the period will not actually participate to the RP (like, for example, Antanares). In that case, the Moderator (and the players) shall consider those countries as active participants: simply, they will do exactly what they wrote in their own histories (or in the History Collaboration Thread).
For registration, simply post that you'll participate.
Now, I guess I've said everything.
Last edited by New Tarajan on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:52 pm; edited 2 times in total