Esamir

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Esamir, a Nationstates Region.

+3
Eurasia
Kaevi
New Tarajan
7 posters

(P(R-RI)) Resolution for International Cooperation on Health issues and against Diseases (RICHD)

New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

(P(R-RI)) Resolution for International Cooperation on Health issues and against Diseases (RICHD) Empty (P(R-RI)) Resolution for International Cooperation on Health issues and against Diseases (RICHD)

Post by New Tarajan Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:37 am

Resolution for International Cooperation on Health issues and against Diseases

Preamble

The United Nations of Esamir

Recognizing the threat posed by old and new disease for the well-being and survival of Humanity

Understanding that in a strongly interconnected world the successful fight against dangerous diseases can only be achieved through collaboration and cooperation among States

Believing that every human being has a fundamental right to healthcare and protection from diseases

Hereby decide

SECTION I

Article 1
    To establish the World Health Organization (WHO), as the main body with the aim of overseeing, coordinating and aiding every Member State of the UNE in the improvement of health for all citizens and the fight of dangerous diseases.

SECTION II

Article 2
    Every Member State of the United Nations of Esamir shall grant to the WHO all the juridical and diplomatic immunities as established for other Organizations of the United Nations of Esamir.
    Membership into the WHO is mandatory for all Member States of the United Nations of Esamir.

Article 3
    Every Member State shall grant to the WHO in the fulfillment of its mandate full access to its medical facilities and infrastructures, recordings and data of medical interest.
    The WHO shall never authorize the disclosure of top secret data or informations regarding commercial secrets except for the following cases:

- explicit authorization of the State to whom such data legally belongs;
    - special authorization of the General Assembly (to be given only in case of extreme emergency and danger);

Article 4
    In case of health emergency, such as the spreading of dangerous diseases, the WHO shall have the power to organize the international response, and to issue directives accordingly to it.
    In the fulfillment of its duties, the WHO shall have the full cooperation of every other UNE Organization and international body.

Article 5
    The WHO shall be a neutral Organization, answering directly to the United Nations of Esamir through the General Assembly and the Security Council, to which it can address special reports, suggestions, advices when requested or when deemed to be necessary by the WHO itself.

Article 6
    The WHO shall have its own HQ in the neutral territory belonging to the United Nations of Esamir. Continental HQs shall be established by the Organization. The WHO shall also have offices or representatives in every capital city of the Members States of the United Nations of Esamir.

Article 7
    Every Member State can send a delegate to the WHO to discuss specific issues, to ask for aid, and to give suggestions in fields related to the WHO mandate.

Article 8
    The WHO is chaired by a Secretary, chosen by appointment of the General Assembly.
    The Secretary, if deemed necessary, can decide to appoint two Deputies of his own choice, with the duty of helping him implementing the mandate of the Organization.

Last edited by New Tarajan on Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

(P(R-RI)) Resolution for International Cooperation on Health issues and against Diseases (RICHD) Empty Debate Period

Post by Kaevi Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:17 am

The debate period has now started, ending on July 26, 2015, at 00:00 UTC.
    Nations may close the debate period or extend it with a 4/5 majority of debating nations.
    The author of this resolution may also request to close the debate period.
    Votes will not be counted during this time.
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

(P(R-RI)) Resolution for International Cooperation on Health issues and against Diseases (RICHD) Empty Re: (P(R-RI)) Resolution for International Cooperation on Health issues and against Diseases (RICHD)

Post by Kaevi Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:38 am

Do you have any particular ideas as to who would become the WHO Secretary? You may want to include someone like I did in the Map System Reform.
    Given that the disease RP seems to be steadily progressing to more... extreme... lengths, having someone to coordinate this mess of an RP towards a conclusion ASAP might be more beneficial.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

(P(R-RI)) Resolution for International Cooperation on Health issues and against Diseases (RICHD) Empty Re: (P(R-RI)) Resolution for International Cooperation on Health issues and against Diseases (RICHD)

Post by Eurasia Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:00 pm

I'm the only doctor in the region so I should be secretary.

On a more serious note, would membership in the WHO be compulsory?
    United States of Europe
    United States of Europe
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by United States of Europe Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:32 pm

I think it's better to make participation in that organization mandatory. I mean, all the member nations of the Assembly would become automatically member nations of WHO.
    UK of Zackalantis
    UK of Zackalantis
    Common State
    Common State

Post by UK of Zackalantis Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:12 pm

I believe that all members of the GA should be members of the WHO. Plus it will be more like an agency
    United States of Europe
    United States of Europe
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by United States of Europe Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:36 pm

Zackalantis wrote:I believe that all members of the GA should be members of the WHO. Plus it will be more like an agency
    The WHO is an official agency of the UN Government,not a simple organization,isn't it?
    UK of Zackalantis
    UK of Zackalantis
    Common State
    Common State

Post by UK of Zackalantis Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:51 pm

United States of Europe wrote:
    Zackalantis wrote:I believe that all members of the GA should be members of the WHO. Plus it will be more like an agency
    The WHO is an official agency of the UN Government,not a simple organization,isn't it?

Yes the WHO is not an organization of the UN it is not a committee of the GA either. It is known as a specialized organ of the UN
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:21 am

The agency should be mandatory for GA members. That's how all of our UN organizations work.
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:40 am

If you wish so, I can change the text and make it expliclty mandatory.
    United States of Europe
    United States of Europe
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by United States of Europe Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:01 am

New Tarajan wrote:If you wish so, I can change the text and make it expliclty mandatory.
    Yes,I think it's better to make explicit the mandatory nature of the organization.
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:11 am

Done!
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:43 am

So, perhaps we could vote?
    United States of Europe
    United States of Europe
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by United States of Europe Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:44 am

Then I am FOR this resolution.
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:30 am

United States of Europe wrote:Then I am FOR this resolution.

Votes will not be counted until NT or a 4/5 majority closes the debate.
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:13 am

I guess we can close the debate.
    Arveyres
    Arveyres
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Arveyres Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:12 am

We are AGAINST.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:20 am

ABSTAIN
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

(P(R-RI)) Resolution for International Cooperation on Health issues and against Diseases (RICHD) Empty Final Vote

Post by Kaevi Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:54 am

The voting period has now begun, ending on July 26, 2015, at 00:00 UTC.
    Nations may submit a vote in favor, against, or abstention.
    Votes of abstention will be counted as votes in favor.

Last edited by Kaevi on Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    Arveyres
    Arveyres
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Arveyres Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:29 am

Sorry that I never noticed this but how does this make sense?

That completely defeats the point of abstention.
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:08 am

Arveyres wrote:Sorry that I never noticed this but how does this make sense?

That completely defeats the point of abstention.

To me, someone is either for something or against it.
    If someone isn't willing to simply say no, then he/she must endure the outcome.

I always viewed abstain as: "I don't like this, but for political reasons I'm going to bow out."

Last edited by Kaevi on Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:21 am; edited 2 times in total
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:08 am

AGAINST

(Sorry, but I feel this proposal could be simplified to lessen the bureaucracy aspect.)
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:49 am

ABSTAIN

Arveyres
    Arveyres
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Arveyres Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:31 am

AGAINST
    United States of Europe
    United States of Europe
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by United States of Europe Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:25 pm

FOR

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:50 am