Esamir

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Esamir, a Nationstates Region.

4 posters

(RP) Human Rights Commission Disestablishment Resolution

Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

(RP) Human Rights Commission Disestablishment Resolution Empty (RP) Human Rights Commission Disestablishment Resolution

Post by Kaevi Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:29 am

Human Rights Commission Disestablishment Resolution
    Authored by Kaevi

Notes that the Human Rights Commission of Esamir (HRC) was founded to perform the noble task of ensuring human rights,

Acknowledges that the HRC has had little to no opportunity to exercise its powers,

Mandates that the HRC be disestablished immediately following the passage of this resolution.
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

(RP) Human Rights Commission Disestablishment Resolution Empty Information

Post by Kaevi Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:32 am

The debate period has now begun, ending on August 11, 2015, at 00:00 UTC.
    Nations may close the debate period or extend it with a 4/5 majority of debating nations.
    Votes will not be counted during this time.

NOTICE

The author has requested that the debate and voting periods take place over the official Esamir chat room.
    As such, anything submitted here at this time will not be valid.

To enter the room go to: http://us19.chatzy.com/79196509373489
    Use this password: yellowblue

Those wishing to maintain location anonymity are free to enter using TOR or a proxy.
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

(RP) Human Rights Commission Disestablishment Resolution Empty Re: (RP) Human Rights Commission Disestablishment Resolution

Post by New Tarajan Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:22 am

We are against this resolution.
    We cannot know when in the future (near or far) the UNE would be obliged to face a new humanitarian crisis....
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

(RP) Human Rights Commission Disestablishment Resolution Empty Re: (RP) Human Rights Commission Disestablishment Resolution

Post by Eurasia Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:35 am

You don't read the fine print do you.
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:36 am

I've problems connecting to the chat...so, at least for the moment, I can express my opinion here...don't you think so?
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:14 am

New Tarajan wrote:We cannot know when in the future (near or far) the UNE would be obliged to face a new humanitarian crisis....

True, but the positions become redundant with a Prosecutor-General (PG) in office. The PG is supposed to ensure all laws are followed and we already have quite a few organizations that do largely nothing.

New Tarajan wrote:I've problems connecting to the chat...so, at least for the moment, I can express my opinion here...don't you think so?

Sure, but you may want to figure out those technical issues. The debate is really going on there and votes are supposed to be cast there. If this continues I can figure something out for you.
    United States of Europe
    United States of Europe
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by United States of Europe Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:29 pm

The organization has not yet worked simply because there were no serious violations of human rights in the international context. Deprive the peoples of the region from the main guardian of their inviolable rights would be a serious mistake. Therefore, we are against.
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:59 pm

Thank you Kaevi.

However, although I agree with debates being made in the chat, in my opinion it would be better to have the votes casted here, in the forum, where everybody can better see them.
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:55 am

Upon considering the opinion of the General Assembly members, the author has opted to revoke this proposal. As such, the debate period and scheduled voting period shall be terminated immediately.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:11 pm