Esamir

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Esamir, a Nationstates Region.

5 posters

(P(I)) Resolution for the Restoration of Peace in Chackle

New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

(P(I)) Resolution for the Restoration of Peace in Chackle Empty (P(I)) Resolution for the Restoration of Peace in Chackle

Post by New Tarajan Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:35 pm

RESOLUTION FOR THE RESTORATION OF PEACE IN CHACKLE
    Authored by the Federal Aristocratic Kingdom of New Tarajan, on behalf of all members of OMNI Enforcer

The Security Council

Having considered the immediate danger facing the population of the secessionist province of Oghon, which faces the threat of a complete genocide by the Chackleian regime,

Concerned about the possible explosion of a conflict between Newellia and Chackle, which would greatly undermine world peace and stability,

Believing that the possession, by the Chackleian regime, of any kind of Weapon of Mass Destruction (WMD), is greatly concerning for all members of the International Community,

1. Decides to establish the United Nations Peace Enforcing Force in Chackle (UNPEFC), as a military force devoted to achieve the following goals:

1.1: The protection and safeguard of the life of civilians in the secessionist province of Oghon;
    1.2: The protection and safeguard of the life of the citizens of all neighbouring countries from threats coming from Chackle;
    1.3: The complete disarmament of the WMD arsenal actually belonging to Chackle;
    1.4: The enforcement of an armistice between Chackle and the secessionist province of Oghon, under the aegis of the UNE, and as a first step toward a peace treaty;

2. Calls upon the International Court of Justice to investigate and eventually prosecute any violation of UNE Resolutions and International Laws eventually committed by Chackleian authorities since the establishment of the new regime.
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

(P(I)) Resolution for the Restoration of Peace in Chackle Empty Debate Period

Post by Kaevi Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:08 am

The debate period has now started, ending on October 8, 2015, at 00:00 UTC.
    The author of this proposal may petition to the Secretary-General to end the debate.
    Votes will not be counted during this time.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

(P(I)) Resolution for the Restoration of Peace in Chackle Empty Re: (P(I)) Resolution for the Restoration of Peace in Chackle

Post by Eurasia Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:42 am

Eurasia is concerned about the passages regarding confiscation of WMD's by the UNEPF. While Eurasia doesn't necessarily support Chackle possessing WMD's, there is no law stating they cannot possess them, and confiscation by the UNEPF would be a serious breach of sovereignty. Instead, Eurasia proposes we institute a buy-back program, to incentivize the Chacklian Regime to dismantle their weapons instead of taking them by force.
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

(P(I)) Resolution for the Restoration of Peace in Chackle Empty Re: (P(I)) Resolution for the Restoration of Peace in Chackle

Post by New Tarajan Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:18 am

Are you suggesting to propose t obuy its WMD?
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:26 am

If this resolution is contingent on the removal of WMD's, then yes, unless New Tarajan sees a viable alternative. If it is not contingent on removal of WMD's, then we see no reason to keep the passage in the resolution or to institute a buy-back program.
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:31 am

In the actual situation, we believe that the possession of WMDs by the Chackle regime is very dangerous: they already threatened to use them against the population of Oghon, and we cannot know when and where they will be eventually used even against other members of the International Community. This is the reason why we implemented that passage.

Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:35 am

Eurasia agrees that Chacklian possession of WMD's is dangerous, however we do not believe that the SC has the authority to unilaterally confiscate them on perceived threats to the Oghonese people. Eurasia would prefer that this be done by the ICOJ after an investigation.
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:51 am

In theory, we perfectly agree with your position.
    The only problem is that we cannot risk that Chackle could use the WMDs while the investigation is on-going: we need to find a suitable solution.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:58 am

New Tarajan wrote:In theory, we perfectly agree with your position.
    The only problem is that we cannot risk that Chackle could use the WMDs while the investigation is on-going: we need to find a suitable solution.

How can we assure they won't use them while we are trying to confiscate them?
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:23 am

The confiscation will be far more rapid than an investifation. That's obvious.
    But we are open to any suggestion.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:27 am

New Tarajan wrote:The confiscation will be far more rapid than an investifation. That's obvious.
    But we are open to any suggestion.

We believe that the Chacklian Government will choose self-preservation over annihilation, thus an investigation, in our opinion, is best.
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:28 am

What is the opinion of the other members?
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:35 am

We could always invite Chackle to speak to the Security Council to find a solution that would be most suitable for everyone.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:25 am

We agree.
    UK of Zackalantis
    UK of Zackalantis
    Common State
    Common State

Post by UK of Zackalantis Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:40 am

As a member of the GA the UKZ has the right to participate in this discussion without vote.

As much as we would like to see the confiscation of Chackle's WMDs the Security Council has no right to do so.
    It is not illegal for Chackle to have WMDs.

We do understand that WMDs in the hands of the Chackle leadership is dangerous to all of us in the international community.
    Therefore reqquesting Chackle presence at the SC, would be the best decision the honorable members of the SC could take.

Furthermore, it is no secret that the Chackle Leadership is responsible for grave war crimes and therefore should be tried before the criminal bench of the ECJ just like the Queen of Khanate was.

The UKZ thanks the honorable members of the Security Council for their attention and consideration of the points raised by us.
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:45 am

Zackalantis wrote:As a member of the GA the UKZ has the right to participate in this discussion without vote.

As much as we would like to see the confiscation of Chackle's WMDs the Security Council has no right to do so.
    It is not illegal for Chackle to have WMDs.

We do understand that WMDs in the hands of the Chackle leadership is dangerous to all of us in the international community.
    Therefore reqquesting Chackle presence at the SC, would be the best decision the honorable members of the SC could take.

Furthermore, it is no secret that the Chackle Leadership is responsible for grave war crimes and therefore should be tried before the criminal bench of the ECJ just like the Queen of Khanate was.

The UKZ thanks the honorable members of the Security Council for their attention and consideration of the points raised by us.

I'm glad UKZ brought this up. UKZ is correct that the ownership of WMDs is not a crime, but their effects are. As strange as this sounds, Chackle can theoretically threaten anyone however much he pleases.

I have heard that Chackle is interested in giving Oghon semi or full autonomy. If Oghon is given independence, I propose that it be under direct control of the UNE government to prevent another messy land split up like what happened with the Khanate.
    UK of Zackalantis
    UK of Zackalantis
    Common State
    Common State

Post by UK of Zackalantis Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:38 pm

UKZ agrees to what Kaevi said.
    This partion of Chackle should be overseen by a neutral body.

I therefore propose the creation of The Chackle Partition Committee (CPC)
    The CPC could be under the age is of the UNE and consist of members of the security coumcil, Chackle, Oghon, and a few other GA members.

Also the Chackle leadership must answer for war crimes.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:54 am

Eurasia can confirm that should this resolution pass the ICoJ will undertake actions against Chackle.
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:16 am

We agree to hear from the Chackleian delegation, but we will not wait so much, since time is essential.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:33 am

Eurasia suggests that if we do not hear from the Chacklian delegation in 24 hours we proceed with a vote.
    Duresia
    Duresia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Duresia Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:17 am

Eurasia wrote:Eurasia suggests that if we do not hear from the Chacklian delegation in 24 hours we proceed with a vote.

Duresia agrees.
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:54 am

We agree.
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:33 am

Seeing as Chackle has yet to appear and that 24 hours have passed, the Speaker invites the author to request an end to the debate period.
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:50 am

The debate period has ended and the voting period has now begun, ending on October 11, 2015, at 00:00 UTC.
    Nations may cast a vote in favor, against, or abstention.
    Votes of abstention will be counted as votes in favor.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:51 am

AGAINST

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:56 am