Esamir

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Esamir, a Nationstates Region.

+10
Federation of Antanares
Arveyres
Duresia
Kaevi
The New England Union
New Tarajan
Eurasia
Vajorr
Reisal
Unovia Esamir
14 posters

The Esamir Constitution-First Draft

Unovia Esamir
    Unovia Esamir

The Esamir Constitution-First Draft Empty The Esamir Constitution-First Draft

Post by Unovia Esamir Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:12 pm

The Esamir Constitution-First Draft
    Preamble
    We, the nations of Esamir, do pledge that we will live up to our creed in the WFE. We will be a beacon to the world for our advocacy of Truth, Justice, and Freedom. This Constitution will be the permanent, yet amendable, document from which the Region will function.

Article I-The Executive Branch
    The Executive Branch will be divided among 3 elements. These elements are to be named The Shared Founder, The Chancellor, and The President. The following sections detail the role of each element in the system.

Section 1-The Shared Founder
    The Shared Founder, known as The Designer, is an account that is controlled by New Zealand,Planita, Europe and Asia, New Tarajan, and Shirouma. As a Shared Founder, it is a rotating seat, meaning that any of these 5 nations may be on there at any time, usually identifying themselves when they post for the general population. As Founder, they have access to the Founder Powers, a control that can never truly be taken away, only limited by the Government in which the Founder serves.

Section 2-The Chancellor
    The Chancellor is the Head of the Government. They are elected by the legislative body, known as Parliament, for a potential unlimited number of terms, depending on approval by the Parliament. They will handle the Domestic Issues of the Region. They can also, if desired, make an address to the Region.

Section 3-The President
    The President is the WA Delegate of the Region. They are elected by the people of the Region for a potential unlimited number of terms, depending on approval by the people. They also act as Chief of State for the Region, and as such, handles the Foreign Affairs of the Region. They can also, if desired, make an address to the Region

Article II-The Legislature
    The Legislature is divided into a bicameral, or 2 chambered, legislature. These 2 chambers are The Upper House and The Lower House. A separate section of the legislature is to be known as The Council of Ministers.

Section 1-The Council of The Upper House
    The Council of The Upper House of the Legislature focuses on the security and out of character issues of the Region. They will be able to have seats on the Council of Ministers.

Section 2-The Council of The Lower House
    The Council of The Lower House of the Legislature focuses on legislation and Role Play issues of the Region. They will be able to have seats on the Council of Ministers.

Section 3-The Council of Ministers
    The Council of Ministers will consist of members of both the Upper House and the Lower House. The current Ministers that will be in the Council will be Intelligence and Recruitment. Other Ministers will be added to the Government as needed. They will advise the Executive Branch on current issues regarding their positions and the Region.

Article III-The Judiciary
    The Judiciary is divided into a three part system. The parts are The Chief Justice, The Associate Justices, and The Jury.

Section 1-The Chief Justice
    The Chief Justice is the leader of the Judiciary. The Chief Justice is electable or re-electable during the General Elections. They will announce the decision of the Jury.

Section 2-Associate Justices
    There are to be 6 Associate Justices. The Associate Justices are electable or re-electable during the General Elections. They will support the Chief Justice.

Section 3-The Jury System
    The Jury System is composed of a five-member jury selected in some manner from the active members. To ensure the anonymity for the jury members, accounts labeled "Jury #_" would be assigned to the members who will then decide amongst themselves the verdict and punishment. If the defendant wishes to ask for a public listing of the jury votes, the justice leading the court would ask the jury accounts to list their true verdict.

Article IV-Rights of All Nations in Esamir
    The Rights listed below are the Rights of the Nations in the Region of Esamir.
    1. The Right to vote for Regional President.
    2. The Right to vote in polls and have their vote respected.
    3. The Right to Amend the Constitution.
    4. The Freedom to do whatever they like to their nations, as long as internal security is not threatened.
    5. The Right to Free Speech.
    6. The Right to protest against their Government.
    7. The Right to post on the Regional Message Board.
    8. The Right to Choose whether to Participate in Regional Events.
    9. The Right to Leave the Region.

Article V-The Process of Amending the Constitution
    Amending the Constitution occurs through an Amendment Convention, where nations submit and discuss amendments to the Constitution. After due acceptance of the Amendment, it will be added to the Constitution.
    Reisal
    Reisal
    Global Force
    Global Force

The Esamir Constitution-First Draft Empty Re: The Esamir Constitution-First Draft

Post by Reisal Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:17 pm

Excellent! The rights of nations will help prevent another Eurussia-type situation.

One question though. Will the 5 nations controlling the founder's nation be able to hold other powerful roles in government? If yes, don't you think this allows to much powers to one nation and blocks opportunities to other nations? And how will we make sure that enough endorsements are to the President?
    Unovia Esamir
    Unovia Esamir

The Esamir Constitution-First Draft Empty Re: The Esamir Constitution-First Draft

Post by Unovia Esamir Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:21 pm

Talanzaar wrote:Excellent! The rights of nations will help prevent another Eurussia-type situation.

One question though. Will the 5 nations controlling the founder's nation be able to hold other powerful roles in government? If yes, don't you think this allows to much powers to one nation and blocks opportunities to other nations? And how will we make sure that enough endorsements are to the President?
    1. Founders will not hold any other positions.
    2. The Founders will send a message to the Region asking the WA nations in the Region to endorse the President.
    Reisal
    Reisal
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Reisal Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:25 pm

Unovia Esamir wrote:
    Talanzaar wrote:Excellent! The rights of nations will help prevent another Eurussia-type situation.

2. The Founders will send a message to the Region asking the WA nations in the Region to endorse the President.
    Thanks for answering. Also, how do we make sure our right are upheld?
    Unovia Esamir
    Unovia Esamir

Post by Unovia Esamir Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:30 pm

Talanzaar wrote:
    Unovia Esamir wrote:

Thanks for answering. Also, how do we make sure our right are upheld?
    It is the job of the people to ensure their rights are upheld. All of the rights are pretty basic. The rights can't be taken away, no matter how tyrannical the government is.
    Reisal
    Reisal
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Reisal Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:34 pm

Great. Any idea as to when we will begin filling these roles?
    Unovia Esamir
    Unovia Esamir

Post by Unovia Esamir Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:37 pm

Talanzaar wrote:Great. Any idea as to when we will begin filling these roles?
    I am thinking Constitution first, with all of its editing, then we fill the Government.
    Vajorr
    Vajorr
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Vajorr Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:35 pm

We would eventually need to name the houses of Legislature. Maybe the upper house the Security Senate and the lower house the Esamir Assembly.

Maybe later we can make the language of the Constitution more flowery

Can we also have a system where people outside the legislature can propose a bill but cannot vote on it? We also need a impeachment system, limited terms for the President and a guideline for constitutional conventions

Proposed Current Constitution Edits
    The Founders cannot hold any other government positions
    Outside Bill Submissions
    Impeachment System
    Amendments to the Constitution
    Terms to the President.

Last edited by Planita on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Unovia Esamir
    Unovia Esamir

Post by Unovia Esamir Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:49 pm

Planita wrote:We would eventually need to name the houses of Legislature. Maybe the upper house the Security Senate and the lower house the Esamir Assembly.

Maybe later we can make the language of the Constitution more flowery

Can we also have a system where people outside the legislature can propose a bill but cannot vote on it?

Proposed Current Constitution Edits
    The Founders cannot hold any other government positions
    Outside Bill Submissions

1. I agree with those names.
    2.If you want it flowery, you will have to explain how you want it. Remember, first draft.
    3. I suppose we could. We could put that as a Right.
    4. We will consider the edits.
    Vajorr
    Vajorr
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Vajorr Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:50 pm

I made updates to my list as well
    Unovia Esamir
    Unovia Esamir

Post by Unovia Esamir Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:59 pm

Planita wrote:I made updates to my list as well
    My post still holds true.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:08 am

I'm against the founders not having governmental positions, at least for now. We don't have enough nations to exclude the founders and still fill all roles. It isn't feasible. Keep in mind, the majority of our regional population is puppets. I think government should be open to founders until we have enough people to fill the positions without them.
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:13 am

Europe and Asia wrote:I'm against the founders not having governmental positions, at least for now. We don't have enough nations to exclude the founders and still fill all roles. It isn't feasible. Keep in mind, the majority of our regional population is puppets. I think government should be open to founders until we have enough people to fill the positions without them.

Agreed.
    Of course, at the same time, other countries need to know that such a concentration of powers will not be risky for them: for this reason, we can first of all put a limit to the number of Founders involved in government position (like two), and also specifically write down the duration or the particular conditions under which this special provision will end its effect.

Also, it would be good to clearly specify which kind of positions a Founder could not hold for the future: for example, could a Founder become Prosecutor General of the Court (a position in which I'm really interested), since it doesn't have the power of a judge, or not?
    Vajorr
    Vajorr
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Vajorr Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:39 am

New Tarajan proposed in our old region something called: THE JUDICIARY INVESTIGATION ACT
    http://worldalliance.postalboard.com/t468-dismissed-judiciary-investigation-act#17690
    we would like to apply it now
    The New England Union

Post by The New England Union Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:57 am

I am concerned about how Article IV only promises certain inalienable rights to national governments, but not to the people of those countries. I feel that the constitution should protect the freedoms of individual citizens as well as nations.
    Vajorr
    Vajorr
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Vajorr Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:05 am

The New England Union wrote:I am concerned about how Article IV only promises certain inalienable rights to national governments, but not to the people of those countries. I feel that the constitution should protect the freedoms of individual citizens as well as nations.
    in Out of Character (OOC) every nation is owned by one person, hence the right of Nations, if we want to be In Character (IC) we can change the wording
    The New England Union

Post by The New England Union Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:07 am

Planita wrote:
    The New England Union wrote:I am concerned about how Article IV only promises certain inalienable rights to national governments, but not to the people of those countries. I feel that the constitution should protect the freedoms of individual citizens as well as nations.
    in Out of Character (OOC) every nation is owned by one person, hence the right of Nations, if we want to be In Character (IC) we can change the wording

Okay. So would that require an alternative wording for IC uses of the constitution?
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:24 am

The problem is that NS is a game of countries: every player is a country. Thus, the main goal of the Constitution is to ensure the rights of every player/country...not of the fictional people of the countries themselves.
    Vajorr
    Vajorr
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Vajorr Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:25 am

Possibly, some Regional Constitution do simple straight-forward wording, others look like they belong in a history book
    The New England Union

Post by The New England Union Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:40 am

New Tarajan wrote:

The problem is that NS is a game of countries: every player is a country. Thus, the main goal of the Constitution is to ensure the rights of every player/country...not of the fictional people of the countries themselves.

I understand.
    Unovia Esamir
    Unovia Esamir

Post by Unovia Esamir Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:10 am

Considering the conversation, I would be open to looking at the wording, though I believe strongly in the need to be straight forward.
    I agree with most things stated here, though I don't believe in an IC and an OOC Constitutional Framework. One constitution for both.
    Vajorr
    Vajorr
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Vajorr Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:30 am

DELETED
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:04 am

New Tarajan wrote:
    Europe and Asia wrote:I'm against the founders not having governmental positions, at least for now. We don't have enough nations to exclude the founders and still fill all roles. It isn't feasible. Keep in mind, the majority of our regional population is puppets. I think government should be open to founders until we have enough people to fill the positions without them.

Agreed.
    Of course, at the same time, other countries need to know that such a concentration of powers will not be risky for them: for this reason, we can first of all put a limit to the number of Founders involved in government position (like two), and also specifically write down the duration or the particular conditions under which this special provision will end its effect.

Also, it would be good to clearly specify which kind of positions a Founder could not hold for the future: for example, could a Founder become Prosecutor General of the Court (a position in which I'm really interested), since it doesn't have the power of a judge, or not?

I agree. I think limiting the founders to purely administrational positions isn't fair. There is a reason the account is shared: to limit our power.
    Reisal
    Reisal
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Reisal Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:02 am

Europe and Asia wrote:
    New Tarajan wrote:

Agreed.

I agree. I think limiting the founders to purely administrational positions isn't fair. There is a reason the account is shared: to limit our power.
    OK sure but there should at least be a limited number of founders holding other roles so the power is shared with the people
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:52 am

Talanzaar wrote:
    Europe and Asia wrote:
    New Tarajan wrote:

Agreed.

OK sure but there should at least be a limited number of founders holding other roles so the power is shared with the people

Of course. Some of us may not want a position, while some may hold less powerful ones. Keep in mind there's only five of us.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:46 am