Esamir

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Esamir, a Nationstates Region.

5 posters

Minor NPC nations

Federation of Antanares
    Federation of Antanares
    Global Force
    Global Force

Minor NPC nations Empty Minor NPC nations

Post by Federation of Antanares Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:38 pm

I opened this thread to discuss about satellite and minor nations that we can add to our regional map and play with.

As New Tarajan said on the board, we can have a "Neutral Newspaper", like an international one, who can be their voice, but also interact with them in our "International News" (Not the national one). I don't know if here on the forum or in the Wiki, we can design these nations. We can have all the different archetype, using the blank spaces on our map to design like some cultural area (for example a group of them located on one single continent can share culture, language, conflicts and so on).

For their interactions, I was thinking that we can design a kind of methodology to use them without colliding every single time between each others.

These minor nations when indipendent can be influenced from other countries BUT NOT neither conquered, assimilated, colonized without a proper RP play. How this work?
    There is a nation called Birdland. Birdland is, by starting design, a fascist conservatory country near Antanares. The government of Antanares doesn't stand for this, so I decide that Antanares will start to try to intervene in this country to modify its actual status. I write a first news about, for example, Antanares getting asylum to some people from this country, granting funds to movements for democratization (In NewsA). What happens next? I wait a week in real-time. If nobody decides to intervene with other news (that can be like counter-actions, always motivated of courses, or just assestments of the current situation), I write another news with another step forward, for example with some declaration against war-crimes committed inside that nation. I wait another week, and so on, untile a change is achieved.

Of course this means that someone can intervene, but also can help in achieving such change to play, for example, on the level of economic competitions.
    But how we decide the outcomes of such actions? I thought about a mix of logic, good role-play and intervention from the admins.
    We can open a thread where we can discuss, OOC, about how the neutral nations could react and see what is more "logical" about that. Let's say for example that while I am on this quest to coup the government of Birdland, NZ in the thread says "Well, financing a terrorist group could also enlarge the efforts of the government in crack down resistance, pushing back your efforts of a civilian change". I can reply to that or accept that and inserting directly inside my next news. A sort of cooperative-competitive development of the game.
    If two countries are for example playing on the same minor nations at the same time, competing, the thread can be used to discuss about which strategy worked better and the "International Newspaper" could give the real evolution of the situation, instead of the partial, propagandistic newspaper of each one of us.

Satellites are something else. I was thinking that, starting, each one of us could have a max of two satellites, if you want even one. You design this nations and use them, make them rise and fall as you prefer. Others can intervene in your satellites, but of course respecting the OOC thread discussions and using logic before everything else. No strange hyper-power play here. You can add and lose satellites during the play, describe ripercussion for your country and similars.

I just wrote the first things going out of my head about this topic. Write, discuss, because I think we have potential here for enlarge our RP outside the usual.
    UK of Zackalantis
    UK of Zackalantis
    Common State
    Common State

Minor NPC nations Empty Re: Minor NPC nations

Post by UK of Zackalantis Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:51 pm

I have more than two satellites ..
    Federation of Antanares
    Federation of Antanares
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Federation of Antanares Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:32 am

No, not space satellites. I mean satellite-states. States under our sphere of influence.
    UK of Zackalantis
    UK of Zackalantis
    Common State
    Common State

Post by UK of Zackalantis Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:37 am

Federation of Antanares wrote:No, not space satellites. I mean satellite-states. States under our sphere of influence.

Yes, I know what you mean. I have more than two satellite states that I have RPs planned out for - all of them part of the Commonwealth Association. They are the vestiges of the Zack empire.

Also, I am working on granting independence to my exclave that borders you. I am happy to make that one a minor nation if it helps RP.
    Federation of Antanares
    Federation of Antanares
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Federation of Antanares Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:00 am

How many do you think will be in total these satellite states?
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:18 am

I'm not sure how many of my myriad puppets I should reactivate but I am 100% on board with these shenanigans.
    Federation of Antanares
    Federation of Antanares
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Federation of Antanares Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:45 am

The nations of course will not be real Nationstates-countries. I think we can devote a thread on the forum or a page on the wiki for an almost comprehensive list of them.
    And, of course, we will trying to keep a certain stability on the puppets themselves. We should not abuse of them.
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:54 am

Federation of Antanares wrote:The nations of course will not be real Nationstates-countries. I think we can devote a thread on the forum or a page on the wiki for an almost comprehensive list of them.
    And, of course, we will trying to keep a certain stability on the puppets themselves. We should not abuse of them.

Agreed, not need to flood the Region with puppets (though some of them may be useful as new countries, so perhaps choose your best ones).
    I would also suggest, as has been said on the board, to refocus on recruitment. We could call for specific requirements, like players willing to play Medium-level or Small Powers (we don't need many players after all, so selection doesn't hurt). Just to have an alternative more.

I like Antanares' idea, but of course we should refine it a bit more to make it really effective. About satellites, however, I am not sure what did you mean...
    Arveyres
    Arveyres
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Arveyres Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:04 am

Ok so finally I'm home at a computer so I can type my thoughts out coherently! I'm gonna draw some arbitrary borders on the unclaimed/grey parts of the regional map and I'm going to number all of them off so we can decide what to do with them in the nearby future.

I won't be hosting a map expansion, because some of us have some pretty unrealistically large nations (myself, NZ, Eurasia, and more!).

The nations that will be carved up will be up for grabs, I'd say maybe 2-3 per person. You can either do random generated updates, or you can flesh out a culture, a history, and actively roleplay as your new puppet nation. Once again, this won't be a direct constituent territory of your "home nation"; they can share history (heck they can even be a former colony), they can actively trade and communicate with each other, but remember they are essentially NPC nations.

Basically: we'll each get a country or a few (if you want them!) and we will "act" as them in the RP.
    Federation of Antanares
    Federation of Antanares
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Federation of Antanares Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:18 pm

For some nations, yes Arveyres, that's the plan. For other ittle new nations, I instead will prefer that they are "interlocutors" with us, but they're not under direct responsibility of the player who create them.
    As example, I planned different nations, but only two will be "direct responsibility" of mine.
    UK of Zackalantis
    UK of Zackalantis
    Common State
    Common State

Post by UK of Zackalantis Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:31 pm

Federation of Antanares wrote:How many do you think will be in total these satellite states?

Ceylon, Free Britain, New Ireland, Fiji, Godricland, Tasman Islands, Dubaya, Gibraltar and Singaland.

As suggested by NZ to get a bit of Republic of Ireland vs Northern Ireland like conflict I was considering consuming Free Britain and New Ireland into the UKZ as new presidencies (our administrative regions). Then NZ controlled East Ireland can be an NZ puppet/ or minor country (a pretty large minor country though).

Ceylon borders southern Antanares and the Arveryan exclave - I am going to grant that one independence from the UKZ at which point it becomes Lanka, but I was still planning on making it recognise the Zack crown as head of state. Same as Fiji. I have nothing planned for Singaland (which is bordering East Ireland) - Its the last Zack colony.

Tasman Islands and Godricland are on the east of the map, they are independent countries that recognise the Zack crown as their head of state. Gibraltar is a Zack overseas territory and is the giant island north of East Ireland.

Open to suggestions on how to role-play with these, anyone want to get involved?

Last edited by UK of Zackalantis on Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    Federation of Antanares
    Federation of Antanares
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Federation of Antanares Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:48 pm

Nice! Well, the role-play can be developed news after news. After all, it is just a starting idea.
    UK of Zackalantis
    UK of Zackalantis
    Common State
    Common State

Post by UK of Zackalantis Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:32 am

What about some the inactive nations that have continued to be raised in our RP like Kaevi ?
    Arveyres
    Arveyres
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Arveyres Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:41 am

I think I'm gonna also voluntarily release some of my territory into independent nations as well
    Federation of Antanares
    Federation of Antanares
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Federation of Antanares Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:49 pm

UK of Zackalantis wrote:What about some the inactive nations that have continued to be raised in our RP like Kaevi ?

I don't think we can do that. Despite them being inactive, it is still the nation of another player, so I think we should avoid that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:37 pm