Esamir

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Esamir, a Nationstates Region.

+4
Arveyres
Duresia
Eurasia
New Tarajan
8 posters

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810)

New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) Empty The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810)

Post by New Tarajan Mon May 04, 2015 7:12 am

THE LIBERAL REVOLUTION
    1789-1810

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) 141rxtt

Welcome to the first Regional Historical Roleplay of Esamir, guys!

The purpose of this roleplay is very simple: to recreate the main events of the Liberal Revolution (something we have come to develop through the History Collaboration Thread), from 1789 (year of the beginning of the Revolution in Tarajan) to 1810.
    Here, it's not the matter of creating an alternative historical rp. Our goal will be to enrich what we already have delineated in few strings, making what will become a milestone of a more global Regional History.
    Thus, this roleplay will be probably more difficult and more challenging than what we are normally used to.

Here are few guidelines to keep in mind:

1. Follow your history: since here we are trying to tell history, and not to create a new one, we need to follow the steps we already have described in the History Collaboration Thread. While out there we have painted the "big picture", here we will fill it with events, with stories and so on. In few words, we will give life to that picture. To keep it short: we shall follow the histories of our countries. As such, we already know as this period will end, but we do not know still what will happen in the middle (at least, not in detail).

2. Be historically accurate (as possible): this is strictly historical RP. This means that we need to keep a strong historical stance: try to figure out how your country could behave, how the events we are telling here will influence the future developments of the country and its people, contributing to what we see in our contemporary RP.

3. No godmodding: A simple rule, valid for all kinds of RPs, but possibly even more important in our case. Godmodding will not be tolerated IN ANY CASE. If there are doubts about how events are unfolding, please talk with the Moderator (me).

4. Turn-based system: We will follow a new turn-based system, in order to give the necessary space for everyone, and try to give an order to the narration. Registrations for the RP will be open for four days since the submission of this post. Then, basing on the order of registration, every country/player will have its own turn during the week (see the next point). The Moderator shall be informed by the players about possible delays or other problems which may create problems for the system.

5. Calendar: we will follow a specific calendar. The idea is very simple: every week in real-life will be a month in the RP.  At the end of the week/month, the Moderator will public a Summary of what has happened in that specific week/month. Ideally, every country/player will have its own turn during the week/month. In particular cases (and the Moderator shall be previously informed of such a choice), a player can choose not to use its turn for that particular week/month (although this should be limited only for particular problems).

6. Limited time-span: This is a very specific RP. As such, we will have a limited time-span, from 3rd February 1789 (beginning of the Revolution), to 31st December 1810.

Other few points: as you can imagine after reading what I wrote above, this is not an "easy kind" of RP. Nor it is possible to oblige all players to participate. I already mentioned the list we will have to register the participants. Of course, it could happen that countries which have a strong role to play in the events of the period will not actually participate to the RP (like, for example, Antanares). In that case, the Moderator (and the players) shall consider those countries as active participants: simply, they will do exactly what they wrote in their own histories (or in the History Collaboration Thread).

For registration, simply post that you'll participate.

Now, I guess I've said everything.
    Let's begin!

TURNS

New Tarajan

Eurasia

Duresia

New-Zealand

Antanares

Zackalantis

Tisalseits

Atanea

Last edited by New Tarajan on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) Empty Re: The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810)

Post by New Tarajan Thu May 07, 2015 5:36 am

PHASE ONE: THE BEGINNING
    January 1789 - June 1790

"If someone would have taken a look all over the world at the second half of the XVIII century, such an observer would have seen an unprecedented, terribly fast series of changes occurring almost everywhere.
    Many countries were beginning to explore the world, setting out a process of expansion, colonization and imperialism that will change the shape of the world in the next century.
    The Eurasian Empire, living the first waves of the Industrial Revolution, was quickly building its industrial machine; Antanares, the trade power par excellence, was strengthening its colonial empire, its vessels and merchants proudly sailing the seas, while stronlgy competing with their Tarajani colleagues, mainly represented by the OHC (Eastern Trade Company).
    In the north of Illidia, the Scottish Empire, born from the ashes of the ancient Kingdom of Zackalantis, continued its own work of consolidation, looking more and more greedily to the fertile regions at the south, the Sdudeti-Karabak, annexed by Tarajan only half-a-century before.
    It was here, that it begun: many were taken by surprise, as we can read in the diaries, in the few newspapers, in the reports of ambassadors or in private letters.
    And it's easy to understand why almost everyone was so surprised. Looking at the Kingdom of Tarajan, our observer would have seen a thriving country, to say the least: freed from the last remnants of Antanaresian influence since a century, and by the pains and damages of continuous civil wars, the Kingdom rapidly begun an economic, military and political power. Its merchants quickly established colonies in many places (Ienara, Ashar, Meisjegronden, Karasin Peninsula), under the flag of the OHC, and protected by the Crown. Under the pressure of the Industrial Revolution and growing population, the Tarajani State soon promoted new waves of colonization: settlers found the first colonies in New-Zealand in 1766, and the Dominion was officially established in 1777; almost in the same period, the armies of the OHC subjugated the last tribes still resisting Tarajani occupation in Meisjegronden.
    But the main resistance to the rise of what was becoming a Tarajani Empire came from two very different directions: directly at the borders of the Kingdom, the Principality of Antanares was all but  satisfied by the expansion of Tarajani influence, which risked to threaten the prosperity of its own trade power. In Ashar, the Sultans had no intention to become puppets of the Tarajani Kings: the war began in 1786, when Sultan Ahmed V refused to give the naval fortress of Mijaadi to the OHC.
    Quickly, the conflict escalated: but the Ashari were stronger than expected. With the armies of the Company unable to provide for a quick resolution of the war, the State was forced to step out, taking the situation under its direct control.
    The result was that more and more Tarajani soldiers were sent in a far corner of the world, dying and suffering, while the Ashari were still desperately trying to resist.[...]
    Only few news of the war came inside the Kingdom, to disturb the elegant life of the rich Tarajani feudal aristocracy.
    At the shadow of the wonderful palaces, the fountains, the green forests and parks, almost nobody understood what was being set into motion [...]"

Extract from "The Liberal Revolution: rise of a dream and its consequences", by Prof. Heinrich Van Julich, Merlberg University Press, Merlberg, 2010.

OOC: I tried to summarize the situation preceding the RP before postin my own news. Also the other summaries will take the shape of extracts of this fictitious history book (I thought it could be interesting). Please, if I made some mistake about your nation or if I forgot something/someone, let me know. I'll update the post with the new informations you'll provide me.
    Also, I'm going to delete the previous posts soon so....be ready XD

Last edited by New Tarajan on Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:29 am; edited 3 times in total
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Thu May 07, 2015 7:54 am

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) Hwg7zp

To the [there follows all the traditional epithets] Anton Van Geldern, Duke of Eindhoven [there follows all the other titles],

Your Grace,
    I deeply thank You for the kind letter You sent me last week and for Your kind response to my requests.
    In the previous letter, You asked me to inform you of what is happening in our capital city, Astana: it is mostly regrettable that You cannot see with Your eyes the situation, since You are yet to return from your mission in Arveyres, where I sincerely hope that You succeeded in sealing that agreement for the marriage of Your beloved daughter Alice with the Prince of Arpan.
    Right now, His Majesty King Heinrich X has fallen ill, and he is confined into the Royal Palace. Rumors are starting to circulate, that the King is not anymore in the conditions to do anything, and that he is going to die very soon, but I cannot confirm such statements.
    His Royal Highness Prince Conrad has taken the regency at the moment: he is meeting the members of the Landsraad during a series of balls he has organized at the Palace, in order to ensure that everything will go as smooth as possible.
    His Highness also expressed His will to talk to you as soon as You will be back in the Kingdom. Probably he wishes also to know how is the situation in Arveyres. The Count of South Brandelhorn said to me yesterday that the King would like to visit Arveyres as well, and to strengthen the ties between the House Van Vinkel and the Eight Kingdoms, possibly through the marriage of his young son Friederick Wilhelm.

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) 2lsun9l

By the way, this morning the Anemoon departed from Alleskandberg. That wonderful vessel, a true masterpiece of our shipbuilding, will reach Meisjegronden in two months, then heading to Ashar, where it will reinforce our troops against the barbarian Sultans of those lands.
    The recent news arriving from Ashar are not very good, to be sincere: our troops have just managed to keep the port city of Hammad against the last siege attempt of the Sultan, but they are not advancing, since the situation on the field looks too precarious at the moment and they have suffered heavy losses.
    Inside the Royal Council, many are curious to know what the stance of the Duresian government is, since Ashar is not very far from their borders, but our ambassador there has not reported yet.
    In Alleskandberg, when the Anemoon sailed, a small group of people gathered on the docks, with masks on their face, protesting vehemently against what they defined as "the last waste of our brave soldiers" in Ashar. Due to my informers, they are all member of the local bourgeoisie: indeed, I know very well that there is a growing discontent among the middle class about this war. Not because they do not believe our cause is just, but because they are tired to see the increase of the tax burdern our government is increasing on them day by day.

[...]

Sincerely,
    Jan Mathieu De Witt, Count of Witteberg [there follows the other titles]

OOC: As you can see, I didn't not submit a "news". I made an attempt to use a format which could better represent the period Very Happy If you wish, you could do the same (although, of course, it's not compulsory). We can have letters, diaries, reports, etc etc...which will practically functions as our news (I suggest not to use the "history book" format, since it's already used for our Summaries and also for a methodological reason: an historian knows facts that even the contemporaries could not know at that precise moment).
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Thu May 07, 2015 9:35 am

SENATVS-POPVLVSQVE-EVRASIVS
    FEBRVARIVS-XVI-MDCCLXXXIX

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) Interior%20of%20the%20Santa%20Maria%20Maggiore%20in%20Rome_zpskbkbmmji

Herein transcribed by the word of His Imperial Majesty the Emperor Junius III, the recorded session of the Imperial Senate, in the Year 1789 on the date of Febuary 16th. Written by the hand of the Senatorial Clerk Publius Sempronius Tuditanus.

Consul Tragus: The meeting of the Imperial Senate of Eurasia is hereby called to order. The Questor shall call the roll.
    Questor: [Role is called]
    Consul Tragus: A quorum is present. The Senate will now hear proposals from members who are recognized by the Consul.
    Senator Afer:I would like to propose a motion.
    Consul Tragus: The Consul recognizes the Senator from Civitius. You may voice your motion. You have five minutes.
    Senator Afer: Thank you. I wish to propose the Senate discuss the recent foreign developments. Specifically, the recent incursions of natives in Southern Asticus.
    Senator Caius: I can't hear you, Afer.
    Consul Tragus: Silence! The chair has not recognized the Senator from Ausona. Proceed.
    Senator Afer: Thank you. I would remind my Ausonian colleague that Asticus is under threat from barbarian savages, many of whom have been forced north from the New-Zealand area due to Tarajani expansion. It is the duty of this body, as the will of the Emperor, to protect all Eurasians. We must not leave our fellow brethren to be murdered by these savages.
    Senator Caius: I suppose then that it is of no matter that the majority of your wealth comes from businesses in southern Asticus?
    Consul Tragus: Caius, you will be silent unless you are recognized! Hold your tongue! Does the Senator from Civitius have a proposal for this body to entertain?
    Senator Afer: I do, Consul. I propose that the Imperial Military enter the area and cleanse it of the barbarian filth.
    [Arguing breaks out]
    Consul Tragus: Silence! All will be silent! Does anyone second this proposal?
    Senator Silanus: I second the motion.
    Senator Torquatus: As do I!
    Consul Tragus: Very well. The motion is now open for all Senators to debate. The debate shall last for thirty minutes. The Consul recognizes Senator Caius.
    Senator Caius: Thank you. Despite what many of you believe, I think we should intervene against these heathens. After all, they are killing Eurasians! Are we not justified in doing so? More, I propose we sweep fully into New-Zealand and throw out the Tarajani scum once and for all!
    Senator Silanus: Surely you cannot be serious! That will cause a war! And lest we forget, we shouldn't seek a war now!
    Tribune Empericus: Silanus! Do you doubt the Imperial Military? Surely you do not consider a gaggle of overfed inbreds to be an actual challenge.
    Senator Silanus: We are at the pinnacle of scientific achievement! Why should we sacrifice endless knowledge to satisfy your imperialist bloodlust?
    Senator Caius: There are many in the Imperial Government who agree with us.
    Senator Afer: Does the Emperor, Caius? Because the last time I checked, the Emperor has the final say in all this.
    Tribune Empericus: I daresay you are all forgetting something.
    Consul Tragus: Oh? Do tell.
    Tribune Empericus: The Tarajanis are rather...occupied in Ashar at present. An invasion could neatly divide their forces.
    Senator Caius: That is inspired. And what happens when they defeat the rebels?
    Senator Afer: What if they do not?
    [Laughter erupts]
    Senator Caius: They are fighting a bunch of disorganized Mohammedans. Victory is assured. Defeat would be embarrassing.
    Senator Afer: Fair enough. But my point still remains. An invasion into New-Zealand could have drawbacks we cannot foresee.
    Senator Torquatus: Indeed. Are we to remove all the Tarajani settlers? The logistics alone would be a nightmare and a drain on the coffers.
    Consul Tragus: I will not bring a measure to vote that results in the invasion of New-Zealand. Such a venture would be foolhardy at best. If the Tarajanis defeat the Ashar rebels, which they certainly shall, we will be left to fight they and their allies with nothing but an empty land with angry natives and Tarajani settlers.
    Senator Afer: Finally some sense!
    Consul Tragus: Quiet, Afer. I am not finished. I will allow a bill to the floor that supports combating the rebels only. Anything else and I will let it sit in limbo for eternity.
    Senator Caius: You are making a mistake. Now is the time to expand!
    Senator Silanus: We are expanding! We have colonized the world over! See sense, please.
    Consul Tragus: Enough. The proposal is tabled for now. Are there any other proposals that Senator Afer wishes to propose?
    Senator Afer: No.
    Consul Tragus: Very well. The Senate will now entertain proposals on other matters.   
    Duresia
    Duresia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Duresia Fri May 08, 2015 11:21 pm

Engelsfelt, Swartboosj, Holy Duresian Empire
    Februar 20 1789

''
    Bastard!
    Son of a whore!
    You will burn in hell!

The man stood on the podium surrounded by a big crowd yelling insults and threats at him, he was stood quietly with his hands and legs cuffed, and even though he was silent his eyes told us the emotion he felt, the man was afraid.

The executioner looked at him for a while and started to prepare the rope, tieing it around the man's neck. The public was silent waiting for the official verdict.

Then the judge standing on the podium said loudly: For the crimes of smuggling, thievery and murder, you, Gotfrid Eirikson are hereby sentenced to death by hanging. Any last words Eirikson?

Gotfrid looked up and said quietly 'I didn't do it... I didn't do it'
    Proceed executioner, said the judge and left the podium.

In a few seconds, Gotfrid was dead, hanging in the cold wind, while the crowd was cheering and slowly leaving the area.

In the crowd stood two men, quite unusual for a crowd full of commoners, those men's clothing and jewelry easily could say that they were a part of nobility or even some kind of magnates.''

Herr Broeckdorf, don't you think it's amusing that the commoners like executions so much? It's like since their situation isn't so good they like to see that there's still someone that has a worse fate than them, though it's sure that this murderer deserved his fate. - Said one of them in Lyrian with a strong Ascanian accent.
    Broeckdorf: Lucius, you think too much, if you keep doing that I'll send you to Clervau or Montsilvanu with all the other philosophers while people like me, people of action will keep leading this land without fools like you.
    Lucius: I'm sorry herr, I shall not talk so much about my ideas.
    Broeckdorf: : Talk all you want, just not to me since I'm simply not interested, now Lucius, walk with me.

As they walked silently through the cold streets of Engelsfelt Lucius broke the silence and asked -

Lucius: Herr, don't you think that man deserved it?
    Broeckdorf: What did I just tell you Lucius, oh well, if you really want to know, no, he didn't do it so he didn't deserve it.
    Lucius: You're not trying to fool me herr? You really imply this man was innocent?
    Broeckdorf:No one is innocent Lucius, you Ascanians are too soft hearted, that man was a spy, and since my men caught him I decided we can also blame him for that murder to make the crowd happy.
    Lucius: A spy? Who did he work for herr?
    Broeckdorf: Probably the Marquetens, now let's stop talking about this and get to the important issues, you said earlier that the ambassador of Tarajan wanted to see me?
    Lucius: Ja herr, since the Emperor forbid the Tarajani ambassador to talk to him directly cause of his constant questioning of our plans he ordered the ambassador to consult with you first since you're the head of the Imperial Council.
    Broeckdorf: I am aware of my position Lucius, you don't have to remind me, continue.
    Lucius: Ja herr, so because of the order the ambassador came to Engelsfelt just to meet and consult with you about the conflicts with the Mahomedians in Ashar, the Tarajani want to know our stance on the issue.
    Broeckdorf: Why would we care about the Tajarani Lucius? They're not like us and they don't worship the same God as we do, why would we want to help them?
    Lucius: Ek witt nickt herr...
    Broeckdorf: You keep dissapointing Lucius, we will have to do something about this conflict simply because if we don't it might spread to us, would you like to be a worshipper of Allah Lucius?
    Lucius: Nēn herr, I'm fine with Christ.
    Broeckdorf: So am I Lucius, so am I, now I have a task for you, you go find that dirty Tajarani and tell him to get his pagan backside to my residence, when you've done that you will go to herr Kroodsj and tell him we need a carriage and 50 soldiers for our travel.
    Lucius: May I ask where are we travelling herr?
    Broeckdorf:: Clervau, to see the Emperor.
    Arveyres
    Arveyres
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Arveyres Sun May 10, 2015 1:04 am

VISTĂ POPULĂLUI ARVERĂ

THE QUEEN IS DEAD

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) Queen_mab_oil_painting

Last commissioned painting of Maxina

The Queen Maxina is dead, she was presumed dead by a group of clerics late yesterday in her chamber at the Palace of Angora. Queen Marina established in Paris, the Academy of Maxine ([color=red]later to be renamed Academy of Saint Maxine in her honor[/color), the Stephanian Schools of Language, and the Maxinian Schools of Sciences. She was regarded to as the Mother of Modern Paris, bringing in together many ideas of education and the fusion of modern society and religion.

As a devout Electran, she spread words of peace, equality, and love. She lived the majority of her life in the Palace of Angora, however travelling throughout the entire country. She rarely spoke in only one language at a public appearance. She was proclaimed fluent in all of the national languages a the opening of the Academy of Maxine.

The Mother of Paris is dead. Her daughter, Lana, has been expected to be the next Queen of Paris, Arpan, and Hairat, inheriting the lands of her mother, and her mother's husband. Lana will be taking on a large task now inheriting three countries, a feat that has not been seen since Queen Léopoldine in 1544, when she inherited four countries.

The best of our wishes is given to Lana. The Queen is dead, long live the Queen.

Last edited by Arveyres on Mon May 18, 2015 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    Federation of Antanares
    Federation of Antanares
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Federation of Antanares Sun May 10, 2015 8:42 am

"Alexander,
    I think I don't need to say you how important is your role in the Bruma. You are a representative of House De Fray and you are also the oldest son of the family. You must take your role seriously. I will be far for a while, in Targahar for now, to control a pairs of affairs of the Company. But after that I must go to Fadakar, in the East. And I will be really far away from home. I must be sure that you understand how important is your role in the Bruma's game. Our family is one of the most important in the political scene of the country and, most of all, we are great supporter of His Grace, the Prince.
    We live in difficult times and only the Gods will know how much help His Highness will need in the future. Wind of war run in all the world, with infamous rebellions movements and strange activities in some ... circles. We must pay attention to the little things if we want to understand the great affairs of the world. Antanares, despite of all, is one of the great nations of this world and maybe is the truly one that deserve this role. The other nations are divided from civil wars, interior conflicts, convergent and different ideals. We aren't. Not now, at least. It is the right time for us to take revenge against our enemies and we would, my son, we would.
    You took my place in the Bruma and you must respect this role and fight to defend the honor and the wealth of our family and of our Kingdom. Remember my words, my son. I will write to you once on Targahar.

Your benevolent father,
    Micheal Alexis De Fray, Sir of Illistiga, high member of the Council of the Company of Commerce of Antanares

16th February, 1789

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) Tumblr_laybm9BO531qep93so1_1280
    Old ship sails to Targahar, Alexander Brounel, 1791, National Gallery of Velikogovolka
    UK of Zackalantis
    UK of Zackalantis
    Common State
    Common State

Post by UK of Zackalantis Sun May 10, 2015 6:55 pm

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) 3NwfoMqc6CBPF-99QJ7lx2DaIEGBKoq-p4q1tejCyirLuJybc6-msZNSutHg_xhndVOWFTodK2_XhtGfiximl2BZR58pZt2ebKmcdtcVL75Q5Lkgwe9AlSTibIr2EDq8JKjdbRQSaNkzz7iul7EY=w236-h358-nc

The Scottish empire had finally firmly established itself in Zackalantis despite political and armed resistance from zacks.
    They had established their government in a small territory south of present day Meigmaland.

But their expansionist aspirations had not yet been realized and they looked towards Sudeti-Karabak and several other parts of Tarajan. But the government of Scotland knew that even as Tarajan was getting consumed in a civil war they would never be able to tackle the Tarajani military might alone.
    But they could find a friend an ally in Eurasia.
    This was the perfect time for Scotland to capatilize and gain control of several Tarajani territories what with Eurasia having troubles due to Tarajani presence in New Zealand.

The stage just might have been set for exemplary Scottish-Eurasian relations. But Scotland now had to start proving to Eurasia that their empire is lucrative, fertile and rich.
    New-Zealand
    New-Zealand

Post by New-Zealand Sun May 10, 2015 8:32 pm

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) 640px-Royal_Standard_of_New_Zealand.svg
    (The flag of the Dominion of New-Zealand)

Port Jackson, near Auckland, the capitol of the recently declared Dominion of New-Zealand
    19th February 1789

"

*Two men stand on the wharf, having just disembarked from their royal vessel after a long journey from the Tarajani mainland. Both stand under the dominion flag, raised high, fluttering in the sea breeze. The one dressed in royal clothes looks up with discontent whilst the other looks at the flag with awe. Behind them, their families disembark the ship, judging by their luggage it is obvious the two intend to stay in the Dominion for a long time.*

Royal : It's a travesty, isn't it Will.  
    Will : Why do you say that Charles? Lo-
    Charles(?) : I've already told you Will. I left that retched name behind when I left the Empire. From this moment on I am Vladimir Lenin, not Charles Van Vinkel. I want no association with that family of mine. 
    Will : Fine then Vlad, if you insist. But I think you're overreacting. Anyway, as I was saying. Why do you call it a travesty? Look! For as far as the eye can see, you are the ruler of this land and her people. 
    Vladimir : That's the travesty! These people think they're free, but they're not! They came here to escape the clutches of my families rule, but they are no safer. They are pawns in the kings game, just like me. Look at the flag Will, the flag says it all. The people may work hard and call themselves New-Zealanders, but at the center, in front of it all, is the Empires emblem. They are not free for as long as they remain under the thumbs of the Royal Family. 
    Will : Your family!
    Vladimir : No Will. I stopped being their child when I repeatedly spoke out in defense of the proletariat masses. And they stopped being my family when I became old enough to realize how we ruled our subjects. How we lived a lavish lifestyle, while cities starved. My family were no rulers, they were no leaders, they were selfish Tyrants and cared about nothing other than their own lifestyles. 
    Will : Surely you exaggerate. It's not all that bad. Plus, think about it, you rule this dominion now. Your father gave you control, surely he can't hate you. 
    Vladimir : Oh you don't get it William old friend. He gave me ruler ship of this domain because he seeks to keep me away from the mainland, so that I can't upset the balance. But he doesn't realize. To them this dominion is just a far away farm land with warmongering natives and poor pioneers looking for a new life. They see New-Zealand as nothing more than a backward colony, but I will prove them wrong. This nation will be great, eclipse the empire herself. 
    Will : And how exactly do you plan on doing that? 
    Vladimir : I can lead the way my family should have. I can prove a just leader, and put the will of the people before my own. I will make this nation and her people great. We are all the same, they ran from the clutches of the Empire, like I ran from the clutches of my family. 
    Will : And what makes you so sure your family won't call you back? 
    Vladimir : They can try, but what makes you think I will listen? 
    Will : So you intend to declare independence? 
    Vladimir : If it is what the people want, then yes, yes I do. 
    Will : Vlad, it's obvious they want independence. But what they want and what they can have are completely different things. So lets say you declare independence, what then?! This domain relies completely on the Empire for trade, without the Empire this domain will crumble. Just how happy will the people be when they're starving?  
    Vladimir : Have you forgotten the Imperials Will? 
    Will : You must be joking. You cannot seriously consider allying with the Imperials (Imperials are what the New-Zealanders call the Eurasians), they're a bunch of crack pot communists led by corrupt senators! You'd be mad to ally with them! They'd hang you out to dry without a second thought. 
    Vladimir : They are not all that bad Will-
    Will : Yes they are! You might as well ally with the Antanaresians for what it's worth!
    Vladimir : Think about it Will! They Imperials are in direct competition with the Empire, and Eurasia is merely a days sail from here. The Empire would have no way of controlling us when we have the strongest Navy in the world sitting right next to us, protecting us! And think of the trade Will! It is a well known fact that the Imperials traded with the native folk-
    Will : Vlad-
    Vladimir : Hear me out Will! They Imps treated the native folk well. What has the Empire done? Driven the natives north, forced them into piracy and open rebellion against the domain. The Empire has born this nation into war. Isn't this alone enough to tell you what is to come? New-Zealand cannot flourish for as long as it is a part of the Empire! 
    Will : *sigh* You're a mad man Vlad. But you are no idiot. Whatever you choose, I, and these people, will follow you. But you are treading a very thin line here. Just talking about this plan of yours is enough to get us hung if one of the redcoats hear us. 
    Vladimir : We aren't in the mainland anymore Will. There are no redcoats. Only the national guard. And they serve the Domain, they serve me. 
    Will : You do realize New-Zealand only has 2 million people, we wouldn't stand a chance in revolution against the Empire, and rest assures. The moment your family hears of your doings, they will send the might of the Tarajani force to crush you. 
    Vladimir : By then, it will be too late Will. We will have the protection of a far superior navy, I will not lead this nation into a war it cannot win! 
    Will : If your certain...
    Vladimir : Rest assured friend, one day I will burn that flag myself, and it's kind will never fly in this land again. Now come, it looks like our families are eager to leave. I may be mad, but even I know not to keep my wife waiting. Plus, I am eager to see this new estate of mine. 

*both men laugh as they walk to their waiting families who are accompanied by the national guard and a extraordinary amount of luggage. Around them the bustling port of a new found nation. A nation born into turmoil, with a long story yet to be told*

Meanwhile in a tavern on the other end of Auckland a couple hours later. A group of workers are talking. 
    Man 1 : They say he's here. The revolutionary prince. He's our new Viceroy. 
    Man 2 : Maybe he will finally break us free from the Empire. Give us a chance to be our own people. 
    Man 1 : Don't get too exited. Even he knows that we're far to weak to even consider open rebellion. 
    Man 3 : Maybe not yet, but rest assured. They day will come and he'll lead us to freedom. 
    Man 4 : Even if it means war? We could all die! 
    Man 1 : True. But isn't it worth it. To be free! Think about it. We'd no longer be Tarajanis, we'd be New-Zealanders! Our own people. 
    Man 2 : Wouldn't that be the dream. 
    Man 3 : *Raises his mug in a toast* To Prince Charles, or Vladimir Lenin as he calls himself now! Let the Republican movement never die! 

*The entire tavern erupts in cheers*

OOC: Corrected the date in your post /Duresia
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Thu May 14, 2015 7:44 am

SUMMARY

January 1789 - April 1789

"[...] in April 1789, the situation in the Kingdom of Tarajan was, in reality, getting worse on a day-by-day basis: with the illness of King Heinrich X (the same illness which will led him to death after few months) and the regency of Crown Prince Friederick Wilhelm I, the Kingdom risked to have an unexperienced leadership in a dangerous moment: the war in Ashar, although limited in scope, was becoming more and more costly, and the fact that it was done in order to protect the interests of the OHC did not help to foster its cause among a part of the ruling aristocracy and the bourgeousie.[...]Tarajani diplomacy had to struggle with Duresian ambiguity, while the most recent acquisition of the Kingdom, the Arveyran principalities, suffered from the loss of their Queen, Marina, one of the key promoters of the union of Arveyres and Tarajan.[...]In Eurasia the political fight between Imperialists and those not favourable to a direct conflict with the expanding Tarajani power was increasing, with unpredictable consequences.
    In Antanares, the war in Ashar, and the possibility of a further expansion of the OHC power far beyond the limits posed by the treaty previously signed with the Sultan, fostered mounting concerns among the elite and the powerful trade companies[...] while in Zackalantis, the Scottish Empire, just after having established itself, was looking greedly to the lands of Sdudeti-Karabak, nominally under Tarajani rule, eventually seeking an alliance with the Eurasian Imperialists.[...]
    The situation in New-Zealand was, on many sides, more complex: the arrival of Prince Charles Van Vinkel, cousing of the Crown Prince, as Royal Governor of the Dominion, caused the increase of anti-Tarajani activities and sentiments, instead of easing tensions.[...]
    The consequences of this dangerous situation, emerged since the first months of year 1789, however, became suddenly clear when the unexpected happened...."

OOC: I guess I have summarized everything. If I forgot something, please let me know. Also, a new change: I have changed the calendar of the roleplay, so now one real-life week will correspond to three months, instead of one. Indeed, 1 week=1 month was a bit excessive, and I didn't realize it at the beginning.

Last edited by New Tarajan on Sat May 30, 2015 11:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
    UK of Zackalantis
    UK of Zackalantis
    Common State
    Common State

Post by UK of Zackalantis Thu May 14, 2015 2:45 pm

OOC: in the summary you mentioned that Zackalantis was under Eurasian colonialists. This has not happened yet. We are still under Scottish rule.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Fri May 15, 2015 3:44 am

OOC: When can we keep RPing?
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Fri May 15, 2015 9:10 pm

Zackalantis wrote:OOC: in the summary you mentioned that Zackalantis was under Eurasian colonialists. This has not happened yet. We are still under Scottish rule.

Sorry for that. I corrected the mistake Smile
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Fri May 15, 2015 9:31 pm

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) 20px5vn

"The King is dead! Long live the King!"

These words were sounding all around the city since last week.
    King Heinrich X was dead, probably around 5 a.m. of the 3rd May 1789.
    The Crown Prince has been just crowned, and now he is King Friederick Wilhelm I Van Vinkel of Tarajan.
    He is so young.....I just remembered when I firstly met him, four years ago, at the Royal Palace.
    But I cannot let memories flow in now. Abolutely not.
    Suddenly, the situation is getting worse, here in the capital: protests are spreading, after the announcement of a new tax to finance the war effort against the Sultanate of Ashar.
    People is nervous, here, however there has been no violent action yet.
    However, my father suggested me not go out from our palace for a while.
    He told me that even the King himself noticed what is happening. Thus, he has decided to do something.
    For the first time since Heinrich VII, His Majesty has ordered a meeting of the Royal Diet at the Landsraad Palace, together with the Landsraad itself.
    The idea is to use the Diet to gather consensus around then new tax, and to make people see that the King has no intention to touch their money without asking for their opinion about it.

However, my father is not so sure about the effectiveness of such a move.
    He confessed to me yesterday that this could be a very dangerous and unappropriate moment for the meeting of the Royal Diet.
    Well, I can only hope he is wrong. The session begun just this morning...

Personal Diary of Wilhelmine Marguerite De Witt,
    first daughter of Count Jan Mathieu
    Entry of the 13th May
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Sat May 16, 2015 2:28 am

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) 1873bf40-1071-4bf3-9d3e-d0f62481ff72_zps0xupke5o

"Lucius [Praeministrum of Diplomacy],

I do not know if you have heard of recent developments abroad, but I can say without the faintest whiff of trepidation that the gods are smiling upon us. The Tarajani Royal, Prince Charles Van Vinkel, has arrived in Grand Haven to become the Praetor (they call it "Governor", but the word sits poorly upon one's tongue) of New-Zealand. The same Charles who is an avid critic and opponent of Tarajani imperialism and their dominion and wants New-Zealand to be independent! And they have installed him as praetor! Either they have gone quite mad or the gods truly are benevolent and merciful. This is the chance we have been searching for! If we can convince him that the Empire will support his quest for revolution we could finally rid ourselves of pesky Tarajani influence in New-Zealand and reestablish control over the whole of Terra Australis. Perhaps I am giddy with the thought of subterfuge and one too many cups of wine (have you tried the wines they are making in Vesperius? Truly sublime.), but we MUST bring this to Junius' attention at the next meeting of the Officium.

And, to make matters even better, their King died! Heinrich X, dead! Perhaps it is in poor taste to rejoice at the death of one so beloved, but I shan't shed a tear over his corpse. With the new King, Frederick Wilhelm I believe, struggling to consolidate his power in the fractured Royal Aristocracy, this could be a prime opportunity for Van Vinkel's (or "Vladimir Lenin" as he calls himself now. I daresay the Tarajanis are starting to act like Antanaresians more every day.) little revolution to take place. Consider it, if nothing else.

I recognize this sounds like that warmongering drivel Caius spews on the Senate floor, but I only ask that you think on the possibilities. I've heard tell he wants to meet with us, and I believe that it would be beneficial for us to hear him out. Perhaps it will be worth our will.

Your friend,

Quintus [Praeministrum of War]
    Duresia
    Duresia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Duresia Sat May 16, 2015 12:34 pm

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) 606_al10

The sun was shining and the weather was the finest it could be this time of the year, the city, the great city of Clervau was slowly waking up to life, from afar the Emperor's palace could be seen, by the palace there was a carriage standing just by the main entrance guarded by the Duresian guard, an elite force used both in Duresia and Tarajan, from inside the carriage three voices could be heard..

Broeckdorf: What do you think Lucius, amazing isn't it?
    Lucius: Oh yes herr, it's almost exatcly as I imagined..
    Van Asbeck: Do gentlemen think that we will be able to get an audience with the Emperor right away? As the head of the Tajarani mission to Duresia I have many matters to discuss with your Emperor.
    Broeckdorf: Calm down my Tajarani friend, being a distant cousin of the Emperor has it's perks, also since my position in the Imperial Council I am sure that he will let us in as soon as possible.
    Lucius : Herr Broeckdorf are you really a distant cou....
    Broeckdorf: Shut up Lucius, let's get out.

The men started to exit the carriage, one of them a thin balding man with short dark hair was the Tajarani ambassador Bastian van Asbeck, it was visible on his face that the journey was tiresome yet he looked very determined, after all, he would finally be able to solve the issue of the Duresian Emperor ignoring the requests of Tarajan to help in calming the Ashar rebellion. Second of them was also a thin but also tall young man, clean shaven with light hair, that man was Lucius, Broeckdorfs protegee and right hand.

Lastly Broeckdorf himself exited the carriage, his long dark hair looked fat due to days without washing, he stood for a while before the gate and looked up at the sun, he hated it, the southern Ascanian climate was not something his cold Lyrian blood enjoyed, as for his looks, he was definetely the most menacing looking out of the three, his dark long hair and long beard made him look more like a highwayman than a nobleman at least for Ascanian standards while for Lyrian standards it was seen as fashionable, Lyrians wanted to resemble their ancestors as much as possible at that time. The many scars and earrings showed that he has been around in many places, for a long time.

Broeckdorf: Lucius, introduce us to the guard and get us an audience as soon as possible

Lucius went slowly forward to the guard by the gate and introduced the men, the guard looked at the men and called another guard which in turn ran fast into the palace.

Lucius: The Emperor will be informed right away, we will be recieved soon herr Broeckdorf.
    Broeckdorf: I know what the man said Lucius.
    Lucius: Wait herr... ablur tî Ascane?
    Broeckdorf: Si, you really thought I didn't know it? I just don't like speaking it, tastes bad on my tounge.

While the two were chatting and the ambassador stood by them a bunch of guards went out of the palace heading towards the men.

Guard: Duke Sjored Eirik Broeckdorf?
    Broeckdorf: Ja, that's me.
    Guard: You and your companions are welcome to the throne hall of the palace, the Emperor shall recieve you there.

The three men walked behind the guards into the palace, the palace itself was impressive and decorated with gold and silver, the many paintings and lights made it look exceptionally beautiful, when the men entered the throne hall the Emperor was already sitting on his rightful place, his hair and beard was long like Broeckdorf's but it was much lighter, even lighter than Lucius hair, as he looked up at the three men his sad light blue eyes shined up as if he saw something he never seen before, as the men got closer to the Emperor the guard said loudly:

Guard: You, Duke Sjored Broeckdorf of Engelsfelt, Lucius de Falisaneş and Bastian van Asbeck are granted and audience with his Imperial Majesty, Alexander VI von Hoensbroek.
    Broeckdorf: What a pleasure...
    Emperor: Welcome to my palace men of my Empire, what brings you here?

Broeckdorf kneeled before the Emperor with the other two and said -

Broeckdorf: We are coming with a solution for the Ashar crisis your Imperial majesty.
    Emperor: Ashar again?! I told you Sjored that you are supossed to solve this your way without consulting with me.
    Broeckdorf: Yes your majesty I am aware, but since you sent this ambassador *pointing at the ambassador* to me the situation changed, so I thought we will just bring him back where he belongs, in the palace.

The Emperor looked at Broeckdorf and then at the ambassador van Asbeck and stared at him for a while.

Emperor : Well then, speak up van Asbeck.
    Van Asbeck: Your imperial majesty, my king has requested that you honour your agreement and pacify the rebellion in Ashar as soon as possible, with force if that's what it takes.
    Emperor Alexander: Your King? Which one?
    Van Asbeck: Heinrich X your majesty.

The Emperor looked at the man and gave him a sad look.

Emperor Alexander: I am sorry to tell you ambassador but your king is dead.
    Van Asbeck : What.... no....

The smile that van Asbeck was initially holding quickly dissapeared and turned into a really sad face, he looked almost terrified at the moment, as if his life just fell apart.

Emperor: Someone give that man a chair and something to eat! And you Sjored, walk with me, I have something to tell you.

The Emperor and Broeckdorf went through the corridors of the palace, suprisingly the Emperor was even taller than Broeckdorf.

Emperor: Sjored, do you realize what possibilities this gives us?
    Broeckdorf: Yes your majesty I am aware.
    Emperor: Skip the titles, we are blood you and me. As for the death of the Tajarani king this gives us an advantage over them, a weak and young king is exatcly what we need, Heinrich was strong, that's why ignoring him was the best thing to do.
    Broeckdorf: So what do you propose?
    Emperor: The Ambassador will stay here, but you are going to Ashar, you will be the one pacyfing the rebellion, and while you're at it, remind the Tajaranis who saved them, not themselves, not the Antanaresians, not the Arveyrans, us, Duresians, Ascanians, Lyrians, the finest among all.
    Broeckdorf: When do I leave?
    Emperor: As soon as you've eaten something and washed yourself, you will mobilize men on the way to Ashar from every city, I will give you some letters for the local counts and barons, it should be enough to get you a sizeable army.

As they kept talking, the Emperor and Sjored Broeckdorf went back to the throne hall and later into the dining hall staying there for hours together with Lucius, van Asbeck and many noblemen that were visiting.

As for Broeckdorf, he didn't like the idea of leading an army in Ashar, he's been there before, seen what the Mahometians are capable of, he maybe wasn't scared, but he was definetely worried.

Arveyres
    Arveyres
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Arveyres Sun May 17, 2015 1:09 pm

VISTĂ POPULĂLUI ARVERĂ

ALL ROYALS INVITED TO THE CORONATION OF PRINCESS LANA

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) 2c5c6ff724d070f6a2e23d2e3d3c71a9

Princess Lana in traditional Electran-Arveyran regalia

The air is light, the flowers are in full bloom, a new light is being added to the Kingdom of Paris. Her Majesty Princess Lana Adélaïdine Pahlavi of Paris is inviting all royals from every nation in the world to celebrate a time of peace and coexistence to celebrate the bringing in of the new era of reign in Arveyres.

Lana: I plan to honor my mother in the greatest ways possible. My mother was an avid lover of nature and balance, so I will be consecrating an expansive garden to all the countries of the world, and her. Plants from every corner of the world shall be in the presence of her overlying spirit.

With the passing of Queen Maxina, a new monarch must ascend to the throne started by Empress Athena. The coronation of Lana is to take place beneath the Trees of Wisdom in the Valley of Orchids, in Paris.

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) Matisse-The-Olive-Tree-1896-large-1138072578

Painting depiction of the Trees of Wisdom

Lana: I want all to know that all are welcomed in our arms and hostility is to be forgotten in the honor of balance. Come experience the love and life of Paris. We call upon the powers of the Elders to bless the land with peace and prosperity with the ushering in of the New Age.

We also call for peace in the Ashar and the Asticus, no innocent blood should be spilled for the glory of a nation. Harm in the past brings harm to the present which brings harm to the future.

Last edited by Arveyres on Mon May 18, 2015 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    New-Zealand
    New-Zealand

Post by New-Zealand Sun May 17, 2015 7:47 pm

Millwater, NZ. Outside the Tarajani Private Palace. 

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) Screenshot-2014-03-10-19-35-08

"Scum!"
    "Royalist dogs" 
    "We will never kneel!"

Angry crowds gathered outside the Millwater Palace, a private estate that for most part remains unused, only ever inhabited by the king and his immediate family whenever they visit the domain. Nevertheless, the estate serves as the de facto HQ for the limited number of red coats (Tarajani royal guards) in the domain, and the kings very own personally selected envoys to the domain. Anti-Tarajani sentiment has shot up ten fold since the arrival of Lenin, with his subtle, yet obvious, support for the republican movement giving the public free reign to reek havoc on the crown buildings. Red Coats make a futile attempt to protect the palace, but cannot hold off the rapidly growing crowd of rioters that outnumber then 15 to 1. In the distance on the hills the Domain's national guard, who are under the command of Lenin, watch over the crowds turning a blind eye to the chaos that ensues below. 

It is a matter of hours before the palace falls to the masses, and the King's envoys and soldiers slaughtered. No doubt this act of rebellion would have caught the attention of the empire, with the envoy sending a hasty carrier pigeon to the king in the mainland. The message reads : 

"Sire, you must send aid immediately. The domain is growing weaker by the second and that usurper Charles, or Vladimir Lenin as he calls himself now, is supporting the succession movement. They are attacking the palace, and I fear we cannot hold them off. I pray this message reaches you in time, before Lenin and his revolutionaries are able to snatch this land from it's rightful king. I beg of you Sire, send the Royal navy without haste and crush this movement before it gets a foothold. Make no mistake, the domain is at war, and the independence movement is well and truly alive. You were a fool to entrust this domain to Lenin, you severely underestimated the strength of this land and her people. I know I could be hung for talking to you in this manner, but I am already a dead man. These rioters will take the palace and my head will surely adorn a spike at the gate. It is too late to save me, but I beg of you, save the Domain, don't let the empire fall." 

Meanwhile. In Mayview Auckland, At Lenin's Estate

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) Founding-Fathers-Americans-for-Prosperity

Lenin and his fellow fellow revolutionaries meet in the war room of his Mayview Estate. There is cautious optimism in the air, as they can all feel the revolution coming. Lenin is about to address his partners. 

"Ha Haa. Can you all feel it? This is it my friends! This is the moment we've all been waiting. The Millwater Palace has fallen, and the Domain is finally rid of the empire! No doubt a carrier pigeon will have been sent to the King, my scouts reported seeing one flying away from the palace, and in a month or so we will have the might of the Empire's navy knocking on our front door. But make no mistake, they're resistance will be futile. In fact, I can tell you with absolute certainty that those ships will never make it back to the mainland! My friends, I introduce to you, Legate Marcus Annaeus Lucanus of the Imperial Army!"

*The room applauds as a man dressed in full military formals stands up and moves to stand next to Lenin*

"Thank you for the introduction Governor. First, I would like to introduce myself. I am Marcus Annaeus Lucanus, a Legate in the Imperial Army, one of the Emperor's highest ranking military officials, and coordinator of the Imperial Navy's operations in this sector. I am here today because Mr. Lenin here wrote in to the Emperor, explaining the situation in your nation and requesting our protection and aid. Firstly, let me applaud you for making the decision to rise up against the Royalists, it is a move that takes great courage. Now, onto the matter at hand. The Imperial Navy is able to offer you our open support against the Tarajani forces, and I can assure you that there is no way the Tarajani Navy can possibly overpower our Navy, particularly in this quadrant, where the Eurasian mainland is a mere days sail. Now many of you will be thinking, what do we have to gain from helping you? Well, you are aware that the Tarajani Empire is not in very good relations with Eurasia. With your independence, it allows us to once again secure our position in the region, forcing the Tarajani Navy back north away from Urbem Sol. There is not much I can tell you right now, as the Emperor prefers to deal with matters of this nature personally, but I can assure you that your nation is from this moment on, under the protection of the Imperial Navy." 

*He moves to sit down once more, and Lenin addresses the group again*

"The hour is upon us men. From this moment on, the SOVEREIGN nation of New-Zealand is formed and the Dominion of New-Zealand is dissolved. By decree of the Governor, the nation is in a state of martial law, under threat of open war with the Empire of New Tarajan. However, my first course of action as de facto leader of this nation is to hand over temporary control to my second in command, Will. Tonight I sail with Legate Lucanus to Urbem Sol where I will speak directly to the senate and the Emperor himself. I will return in a few days, but till then I will leave Will in charge of our new found nation. Leave now, and spread the word of our succession. I have already instructed the national guard of the succession and they are removing all Dominion flags from the nation. In it's place we will fly the flag of the Union, for from this moment on the Dominion of New-Zealand is no more, and from it's ashes the Union of New-Zealand is born. Go now my brothers, and safe travels to all of you."

"

In the coming hours the nation is a flurry of activity. Flagpoles where the Dominion flag once flew high barren as angry masses tear down the offending cloth and burn them in bonfires. For most part the public are jubilant, ecstatic at the possibility of independence. Slowly one by one, the members of the national guard arrive with the new flag of the union, fresh from the factories. The remain fiercely loyal to Lenin, worshiping him in an almost godlike fashion. That said, members of the wealthy elite, who were made rich through trade with the Empire are reluctant to join Lenin's crusade. As a result, majority of the elite families, who almost exclusively reside in Eastern NZ, rally their own private armies and declare their fealty to the Tarajani Aristocracy. While their subject may remain sympathetic to the Republican movement, the elite "lords" barricade their seaside cities and enforce their rule upon their residents, protected by their own private armies and cautiously awaiting the imminent arrival of a Tarajani response, after all Lenin's socialist policies are not good news for the ultra wealthy. 

However, under the jubilant facade, there is fear. Lenin's martial law has requested taxes to be almost doubled, with the vast majority of the government reserves going towards fortifying the nation and building up an army. The road ahead is not an easy one, and the war to come will be a long and bloody one. But a war that needed to happen.

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) Revolutionary-war-flag
    (The Flag of the Union of New-Zealand)
    Federation of Antanares
    Federation of Antanares
    Global Force
    Global Force

Post by Federation of Antanares Sun May 17, 2015 11:15 pm

"Dear father,
    these are days of mourning for New Tarajan, so it appears. Our illuminated Prince sent a delegation to New Tarajan, to express "our deep condolences" to the Kingdom. He deserved death. Wind of tempests spread from everywhere in the world. During the last session, in the Bruma, Lord Prizrak reported insurrectionists movement in all New Tarajan but also in different parts of the world. We have one of the most large empire of the entire world and maybe we will be hurt from these movements.
    Some members of the Bruma are really ... worried. They're worried for the future of our country, worried that our most important sea is not our at all, worried that colonies are not loyal to us, but only to them. Sincerely, I understand them. We have a lot and we risk to lose all. Our forces are ready for a conflict? Our weapons are sufficient? Our ships fast enough? I have doubts, father, that Antanares could not win a wars, not with our colonies in these conditions. Despite off all the works of Our Prince, the shadow of His Father and of His Grand-Father before him, cover his actions. Maybe, years and years of slavery and tortures could be not destroyed from the good intentions of a single one. I hope yes and I hope your mission could help him to maintain the order in the colonies.
    We are strong, this is sure. And we will not die without a fight. This is sure.

For the rest, Antanares appears really calm, in these months. We approved the institution of a new organization of structures to welcome the children without a family and also approved the expansion of the main hospitals in our most important city. The docks of Cape Wolf are full of ships and shipments and our universities are full of young men and women. I think this is the best that a Prince, for now, could dream for his nations. I see him the last day, after the session of the Bruma. He invited me to follow him to his Palace in Velikogovolka for a couple of tea and two good words. We talked about our family affairs, the affairs of the Company, the works in the Bruma. He appears to be a really good man. I hope the future will remember him well. He invited me for a hunt session in the next week. I think I could learn a lot from him.
    This is all.
    Your devoted Son,

Alexander Guillermo De Fray, Earl of Illistiga, Councilor of the Bruma
    20th June. 1789"

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) Frankfurt_01
    Velikogovolka, 1810, private collection
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Wed May 20, 2015 8:35 am

Zackalantis asked not to submit anything this turn, so the session is over Smile Summary will be submitted tomorrow
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Thu May 21, 2015 9:04 pm

Summary?
    New-Zealand
    New-Zealand

Post by New-Zealand Fri May 22, 2015 5:48 pm

Europe and Asia wrote:Summary?

This. 

Can we pick up the pace in this RP? Like, if we're going to have orders, can we do like 1 day per turn.
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Fri May 22, 2015 9:13 pm

New-Zealand wrote:
    Europe and Asia wrote:Summary?

This. 

Can we pick up the pace in this RP? Like, if we're going to have orders, can we do like 1 day per turn.

1 day per turn? I think it's quiet impossible Sad

About the Summary: sorry for the delay, I'm quiet full of things to do during this period...I'll submit it today.
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Fri May 22, 2015 10:08 pm

SUMMARY

April 1789 - July 1789

"[...]The gathering of the Royal Diet, for the first time in decades, was the mark of incoming changes: inside the Kingdom, the new sovereign Friederick Wilhelm I had to face, finally, the political and social forces behind the throne, in a way no previous Tarajani King ever had to do.
    Outside Tarajan, many forces began to cooperate actively, in order to take advantage of the temporary situation of weakness: the Eurasian Empire, first of all, decided to side with the New-Zealand independentist movement led by Prince Charles Van Vinkel, better known as Vladimir Lenin. The fall of Millwater Palace marked the beginning of a general insurrection which took the Tarajanis unprepared, but not unwilling to respond in kind.[...]
    The Principality of Antanares was also preparing to make its own move to take the opportinity[...]
    For the Kingdom, relatively more good news were the decision of the Duresian Emperor to officially declare war in Ashar, easing the pressure on that front, but at the same time, creating the problem of the possible reward for such "services". While in Arveyres, the sudden ascension to power of Queen Lana opened a new perspective, which would result decisive for the future developments of the situation[...]
    But what initially looked as a simple mixture of unfortunate coincidences for the Tarajani Kingdom, soon became something else: a new idea, a new political regime, a renovation of a whole country which will change forever the world itself, and which will be the strongest answer to the difficulty of the moment, will be in earnest. It was the beginning of the Age of Liberalism: the Liberal Revolution."

Last edited by New Tarajan on Sat May 30, 2015 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Fri May 22, 2015 11:24 pm

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) B4t5yp

I didn't write for a month.
    The reason is simple: the events were unfolding too quickly. As everybody else, I was caught in the middle too.
    Now, now there's time to take a small breath: but everything changed!
    My father was right, months ago, when the King gathered the Diet for the first time: something was going to happen.
    And, indeed, it happened.
    My father told me about some of the details, before being arrested: at the beginning, it was a simple protest, limited inside the Diet. The representatives of the bourgeoisie, together with members of the Landsraad itself and others by the minor aristocracy, were asking for guarantees, before approving new taxes.
    They asked for regular sessions of the Diet, together with the Landsraad, at least every three months.
    The King was clearly undecided. The situation was getting worse day by day. At the end, the King accepted, but it was too late: the 12th July a crowd assembled in front of the East Wing of the Ajanic Citadel, the place we usually call "Vesting", which means fortress.
    They attacked it, and after two days, the 14th, they took it.
    It was incredible: people crying "Freedom!" all around the city, with in the hand the flag of Tarajan.
    [...]
    The Diet is yet in session, now under the presidency of Rudolf De Ruyter, in order to prepare a constitutional chart. In the meanwhile, hostilities against the Landsraad are mounting.
    I fear the worst for my father....

Personal Diary of Wilhelmine Marguerite De Witt,
    first daughter of Count Jan Mathieu
    Entry of the 25th July

The Liberal Revolution (1789-1810) 2qjhus3

To the [there follows all the traditional epithets] Anton Van Geldern, Duke of Eindhoven [there follows all the other titles]

Your Grace,
    It is with a mixture of feelings and sentiments that I write to You this letter.
    You already know what happened this July, and how our country, our beloved Kingdom, is quickly falling into chaos.
    The Diet is ready to proclaim the new constitutional chart it has worked on for more than a month.
    But is worst, is what happened yesterday morning: the National Guard and the people assembled in front of the Palace of the Landsraad, protesting against the decision of the Landsraad itself not to ratify the chart.
    Then, suddenly, violence escalates: the crowd attacked the building, just like they already have done with the Vesting.
    The Landsraad Guards, however, fought heroically: I personally witnessed their noble sacrifice, when they mounted up a defence at the main entrance, repulsing the assaults of the National Guard for at least six hours!
    They gave us the time to leave the palace....I cannot imagine what would have happened otherwise.
    They were slaughtered until the last man. May the Gods welcome their souls among the heroes of the past!
    Many members of the Landsraad have been arrested, nonethless. Among them, our dear, common friend, Count Jan Mathieu De Witt.
    [...]
    For now, the situation is calm. The King has wisely decided to leave Astana, for the moment: he will head for Arveyres, where he will pay his homages to the new Queen Lana, and make a tour of the country. Many of us suggested him to reach New-Zealand, but it's not safe: Prince Charles Van Vinkel is showing his true face of traitor.
    But, by the way, the King will also try to contact all the troops we have in the colonies, including Yours. I am so glad that You were assigned to the army in Ashar before this mess began.
    [...]

Sincerely,
    Duke Anton Van Sondenburg-Sorenberg
    [there follows the titles]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:50 pm