Esamir

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Esamir, a Nationstates Region.

+4
Arveyres
Duresia
Hunhewuguo
Eurasia
8 posters

(P(I))Map System Reform and Regional Capital Operational Resolution

Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

(P(I))Map System Reform and Regional Capital Operational Resolution - Page 2 Empty Re: (P(I))Map System Reform and Regional Capital Operational Resolution

Post by Kaevi Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:55 am

Europe and Asia wrote:I think a map commission would slow things (we've a lot of commissions that don't do anything).

The MC would be you, Arvey, and maybe Atenea, so it is basically just a title so that we can call the 2-3 of you something.

I'll alter the resolution to also include a nomination like the one I used to appoint myself to Prosecutor-General.
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

(P(I))Map System Reform and Regional Capital Operational Resolution - Page 2 Empty Re: (P(I))Map System Reform and Regional Capital Operational Resolution

Post by Kaevi Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:58 am

Europe and Asia wrote:If it is only made up of the aforementioned three (or two) then I am fine with it, but I understood the meaning of Map Commission to be an elected commission (Kaevi referenced the Calendar Commission, I think).

Sorry for the confusion. I referenced the Cal. Com. as a way to show that it would be three people who could essentially make their own rules, but were under supervision by the gov't.

Unlike the Cal. Com., the positions will be permanent unless voted out like the Prosec.-Gen.
    Farve
    Farve

Post by Farve Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:24 am

Kaevi wrote:
    Meigmaland wrote:For Article I, I mostly agree, except that it is a temporary solution. Once 90% of the unreserved area is used, the reserved area will be used too, and then the map will be full. Perhaps we should just do away with future expansions, and new nations can take from whatever is left. If a nation wants to expand, simply taking unclaimed land will not be an option, however, they can invade another nation (it could add to the RP).

As for Article II, I agree, except that I dislike the flag. What's wrong with using the regional flag? Also, let me make sure I understand, but everyone is a dual-citizen of their country and the Esamir Government?

I suppose war is an option and it would spice up RP, but I am not sure we are developed enough handle every new nation having to go to war right now. I understand that this plan most likely will not solve our map issues in the long run, but it will give some protection until we can figure something out. Whether that be war or adding another map as the other side of the world. In the event the reserved areas do fill, the issue of expansion periods would solve itself as it would be impossible to expand.

The flag differentiation is to show a difference between the ECT and the region it governs. Having the same flag may symbolize that the two are one in the same when, as of this resolution, the two are separate entities.
    The ECT can be considered the RP manifestation of The Designer, a pseudo-state that behaves similarly to the District of Columbia in that it can have its own laws, but no voting power in the regional legislature.
    Yes, everyone is a dual citizen of their home nation and the ECT.

I still think restarting the map is a good idea, except maybe a nation can only take up, say, 15% max of available landmass or some other limit?
    Arveyres
    Arveyres
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Arveyres Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:39 am

Newmands wrote:
    Kaevi wrote:
    Meigmaland wrote:For Article I, I mostly agree, except that it is a temporary solution. Once 90% of the unreserved area is used, the reserved area will be used too, and then the map will be full. Perhaps we should just do away with future expansions, and new nations can take from whatever is left. If a nation wants to expand, simply taking unclaimed land will not be an option, however, they can invade another nation (it could add to the RP).

As for Article II, I agree, except that I dislike the flag. What's wrong with using the regional flag? Also, let me make sure I understand, but everyone is a dual-citizen of their country and the Esamir Government?

I suppose war is an option and it would spice up RP, but I am not sure we are developed enough handle every new nation having to go to war right now. I understand that this plan most likely will not solve our map issues in the long run, but it will give some protection until we can figure something out. Whether that be war or adding another map as the other side of the world. In the event the reserved areas do fill, the issue of expansion periods would solve itself as it would be impossible to expand.

The flag differentiation is to show a difference between the ECT and the region it governs. Having the same flag may symbolize that the two are one in the same when, as of this resolution, the two are separate entities.
    The ECT can be considered the RP manifestation of The Designer, a pseudo-state that behaves similarly to the District of Columbia in that it can have its own laws, but no voting power in the regional legislature.
    Yes, everyone is a dual citizen of their home nation and the ECT.

I still think restarting the map is a good idea, except maybe a nation can only take up, say, 15% max of available landmass or some other limit?
    The thing is, there are these nations that are gargantuan, and have spent so much time here acquiring this land that it would unfair to them to force them to relinquish all of their claims and history for a new map.

Expanding the map is the best guess.
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:23 am

All debaters are strongly encouraged to examine the revised resolution on the first page as it is quite different from how it began.

Please let your thoughts be known after reading it.

(Also to Arveyres: Let me know when you have the political map ready so I can change the figures and stuff. kthanksbye)
    Arveyres
    Arveyres
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Arveyres Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:22 pm

Kaevi wrote:All debaters are strongly encouraged to examine the revised resolution on the first page as it is quite different from how it began.

(Also to Arveyres: Let me know when you have the political map ready so I can change the figures and stuff. kthanksbye)
    This will take a while, but I'll try to get it done as quickly as possible, and I will post it here.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:16 pm

Arveyres wrote:
    Kaevi wrote:All debaters are strongly encouraged to examine the revised resolution on the first page as it is quite different from how it began.

This will take a while, but I'll try to get it done as quickly as possible, and I will post it here.

Gracias.
    Arveyres
    Arveyres
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Arveyres Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:22 pm

Finally finished the political map(s):

Political Borders

Borders:

Political Borders Color Coded

Color:

Political Map Color Coded with Labels

Labels:
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:40 pm

Can you post the links too pls
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:01 pm

Arveyres wrote:Finally finished the political map(s):

Political Borders

Borders:

Political Borders Color Coded

Color:

Political Map Color Coded with Labels

Labels:

This looks great and thank you!

The resolution has been amended to include mostly new pictures and some awkward wording as been sorted out.

Any further concerns need to be made known. If not, requests to end the debate will now be accepted.
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:47 pm

Nice job Arveyres! Very Happy

About the map, I would be very keen in keeping our actual geographical map (which is wonderful, in my opinion), together with a political one. I know it's more complicated than having a single map, but I believe we really need both.

About the reserved areas...well, I agree with the first concerns expressed by Duresia....
    Hunhewuguo
    Hunhewuguo
    Authority
    Authority

Post by Hunhewuguo Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:49 pm

I like it, but I think we should add the following to Article IV:

Section F - Establishes the flag shown in Figure 5 to be the official flag for the ECT.

FIGURE 5:

Duresia
    Duresia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Duresia Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:58 pm

I think we could simply expand the map to the east and west adding maybe 2-3 new continents and just letting them exist there for new nations (not for our expansions) expanding north and south would move us more towards equator, which would ruin some ideas behind our nations, also a new map is totally a no no, for example I want to be close to Arveyres and Marquette due to some cultural similarities in our nations, also on the map my nation has a lot of coasts and mountains, and I want to keep it that way because this geography is already inplemented into my nations culture.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:48 am

New Tarajan wrote:Nice job Arveyres! Very Happy

About the map, I would be very keen in keeping our actual geographical map (which is wonderful, in my opinion), together with a political one. I know it's more complicated than having a single map, but I believe we really need both.

About the reserved areas...well, I agree with the first concerns expressed by Duresia....

Unfortunately it's impossible to update that Map with new continents, so that simply isn't going to happen.
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:16 am

Meigmaland wrote:
    I like it, but I think we should add the following to Article IV:

Section F - Establishes the flag shown in Figure 5 to be the official flag for the ECT.

FIGURE 5:

I like it. Flag has been added to the resolution.

Duresia wrote:I think we could simply expand the map to the east and west adding maybe 2-3 new continents and just letting them exist there for new nations (not for our expansions) expanding north and south would move us more towards equator...

That is what is probably going to happen, but this will be left for the MC to decide.

Duresia wrote:...which would ruin some ideas behind our nations, also a new map is totally a no no, for example I want to be close to Arveyres and Marquette due to some cultural similarities in our nations, also on the map my nation has a lot of coasts and mountains, and I want to keep it that way because this geography is already inplemented into my nations culture.

The new political-style map is exactly the same minus fancy textures, so you should be okay.
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:18 am

New Tarajan wrote:About the reserved areas...well, I agree with the first concerns expressed by Duresia....

I didn't really get Duresia's concerns, but know that the reserved areas can be altered if the MC wants to.
    Duresia
    Duresia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Duresia Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:27 am

Kaevi wrote:
    New Tarajan wrote:About the reserved areas...well, I agree with the first concerns expressed by Duresia....

I didn't really get Duresia's concerns, but know that the reserved areas can be altered if the MC wants to.

I was just being paranoid.
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:33 am

The resolution as it stands now will be the version up for vote if no one has any more questions/concerns.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:33 am

No concerns here.
    Duresia
    Duresia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Duresia Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:40 am

No concerns.
    Arveyres
    Arveyres
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Arveyres Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:05 am

Go ahead.
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

(P(I))Map System Reform and Regional Capital Operational Resolution - Page 2 Empty Final Vote

Post by Kaevi Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:30 am

The debaters of this proposal have come to an agreement to end the debate period.
    The voting period shall now begin, ending on July 12, 2015, at 00:00 UTC.
    Nations may submit a vote in favor, against, or abstention.
    Votes of abstention will be counted as votes in favor.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:00 am

FOR
    Arveyres
    Arveyres
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Arveyres Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:00 am

FOR
    Kaevi
    Kaevi
    Ascendancy
    Ascendancy

Post by Kaevi Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:51 am

FOR

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:51 am