Esamir

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for Esamir, a Nationstates Region.

+11
Eurasia
Duresia
Vajorr
Kaevi
Federation of Antanares
Hunhewuguo
New-Zealand
United States of Europe
New Atanea
UK of Zackalantis
New Tarajan
15 posters

History Collaboration Thread

Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

History Collaboration Thread - Page 7 Empty Eurasia's Fun time

Post by Eurasia Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:14 am

OOC: Okay so the Eurasian Empire is essentially the Roman Empire and we have a thing for invading and colonizing. Be that as it may, the Eurasian Empire could either establish diplomatic relations with y'all or invade. Or I can finance a war. Which do you prefer?
    Yellasia
    Yellasia

History Collaboration Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: History Collaboration Thread

Post by Yellasia Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:16 am

OOC: I'd prefer that at least Yellasia doesn't get fully colonised for a long period of time just 'cause that'd be toying with the 'canon' a bit too much, but other than that I'm down for whatever. although I think if you all competed for dominance over me that'd be a good RP :p using the Yellasian/Low divide as a proxy war could be a good one too, if you want to finance either side go for it.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:18 am

OOC: Suppose Eurasia set up colonial governments in both countries but it was largely peaceful. What's the technological state of the two countries at this point?
    New Tarajan
    New Tarajan
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by New Tarajan Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:21 am

OOC: the old Tarajani Kingdom could be a good candidate for competition, particularly in the case of the First Low War...it could be a useful add to the Regional imperialist Age.
    Also, it would be good to move the discussion in the History Collaboration thread Smile
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:22 am

I have dibs on first colonies.
    Yellasia
    Yellasia

Post by Yellasia Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:24 am

OOC: Yellasia is like Meiji Japan. we're not quite as advanced as the great powers (1700 standards) but we're not totally backwards and have the potential to be equal or even surpass other powers.

Low Coalition is basically like medieval Russia lol.

didn't know we had a collaboration thread wow love how this place is organised. :p
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:38 am

OOC: So how about initially Eurasia makes first contact and starts colonizing, but largely ignores the differences between the Low Coalition and Yellasia which leads to competitive friction, and many on both sides want to be independent of Eurasia.

Or the colonization goes smoothly and eventually Yellasia gains independence.

Also splitting and merging with the collaboration thread.
    Yellasia
    Yellasia

Post by Yellasia Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:39 am

Took me a minute to find this thread.

okay for the Yellasian RP, this is a basic outline/a few requests:

-by 1763, Yellasia and the Low enter a personal union. I am okay with this being influenced by colonialism. this can be a proxy state or something like that. or not. it depends.
    -Yellasian Revolution is going to happen and it's going to be in opposition to the union government. following the Revolutions, I'd prefer Yellasia be an independent state. we can still be subject to foreign governments in some way, but I'd prefer we get treated as an actual state on at least the level of say, Denmark, rather than full on subjugation for centuries. :p
    -as for the stuff prior to 1763, I don't really have a plan so I'm down for whatever. I'd prefer to keep it to a level where I can at least sort of function and be able to respond to stuff though.
    -I have somewhat more detailed visions for specific events (like the wars) but everything in between I have no idea so that's all up for whatever you want too.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:41 am

Okay so the Eurasian Empire can come in and set up shop, and establish colonial governments and help to unify the Low and Yellasia, until eventually they want independence (similar to Zackalantis) and eventually become some sort of protectorate?
    Yellasia
    Yellasia

Post by Yellasia Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:43 am

^yeah that's good
    Europe and Asia wrote:OOC: So how about initially Eurasia makes first contact and starts colonizing, but largely ignores the differences between the Low Coalition and Yellasia which leads to competitive friction, and many on both sides want to be independent of Eurasia.

the first one sounds good since it leaves it a bit more open for me to actually interact. plus others are welcome to support me, compete with you, or support you and make it worse. Surprised
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:45 am

Yellasia wrote:
    Europe and Asia wrote:OOC: So how about initially Eurasia makes first contact and starts colonizing, but largely ignores the differences between the Low Coalition and Yellasia which leads to competitive friction, and many on both sides want to be independent of Eurasia.

the first one sounds good since it leaves it a bit more open for me to actually interact. plus others are welcome to support me, compete with you, or support you and make it worse. Surprised

Sounds good. Eurasia specializes in being utterly indifferent to native customs (see Zackalantis), so that will work perfectly. In regards to ignoring cultural differences, do Yellasians and the Low Coalition have a specific form of religious beliefs the Eurasians can be ignorant of?
    Yellasia
    Yellasia

Post by Yellasia Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:48 am

Europe and Asia wrote:
    Sounds good. Eurasia specializes in being utterly indifferent to native customs (see Zackalantis), so that will work perfectly. In regards to ignoring cultural differences, do Yellasians and the Low Coalition have a specific form of religious beliefs the Eurasians can be ignorant of?

yeah.

I mean come on we believe a bird founded our country. maltreatment towards animals is the number one thing you could do to anger us.

furthermore, we'd be resistant to religious imports. Yellasians are basically non-religious, but have a number of 'traditional beliefs'. a sort of spirituality type of thing that we strongly identify with.

the Low are similar in that regard however, back in the WA the "Church of Low" was the official religion for the Low despite no indigenous history of Christianity so that can come into play here if it's consistent with what you have in mind.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:52 am

Yellasia wrote:
    Europe and Asia wrote:

yeah.

I mean come on we believe a bird founded our country. maltreatment towards animals is the number one thing you could do to anger us.

furthermore, we'd be resistant to religious imports. Yellasians are basically non-religious, but have a number of 'traditional beliefs'. a sort of spirituality type of thing that we strongly identify with.

the Low are similar in that regard however, back in the WA the "Church of Low" was the official religion for the Low despite no indigenous history of Christianity so that can come into play here if it's consistent with what you have in mind.

The Eurasians at the time were big on animal sacrifice (our religion is essentially the Roman religion), and we weren't opposed to trying to convert others. The Low Church however will have to be brought from someone other than us, as in the history of Esamir the Eurasian Empire occupied Alba in Arveyres (essentially Judea) and crucified Jesus.

Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:52 am

Unless maybe persecuted Eurasian christians fled to the Low to escape the mainland and ended up converting the natives. That would work.
    Yellasia
    Yellasia

Post by Yellasia Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:53 am

yeah that works too

I'm hoping it's not just you though it'd be funner with some competition (and you're going to get some local resistance too)
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:54 am

Okay great we can start RPing whenever you'd like.
    Yellasia
    Yellasia

Post by Yellasia Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:54 am

let's do it.
    Yellasia
    Yellasia

Post by Yellasia Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:10 am

okay, I just read through the basic history of most of the countries here to give the Yellasia RP a bit more direction. my general outline is actually very much consistent with the already established history of Esamir. this RP will enhance the history without contradicting any of it.

of course, we should let it play out naturally but here's some ideas I have that could get more people participating. Yellasia's going to get colonised, that much is already decided 'cause Eurasia's about to invade. we are going to become a colony of the Eurasian Empire (at least Yellasia is; the Low Coalition has yet to be decided for this period until they become a personal union in 1763). HOWEVER, New Tarajan has also at least contemplated colonising the island and Duresia has already made contact with the Yellasians on the island.

From what I can tell from reading this thread, prior to 1840 (the first wave of decolonisation. great coincidence 'cause that's when I planned for the Yellasian Revolution to begin), there were basically three colonial great powers: the Eurasian Empire, the New Tarajani Empire, and the Irish Empire.

History Collaboration Thread - Page 7 RUP5kBi

I think for this RP, Yellasia could be like the most desired possession given our large size and central location (in relation to the three empires). So you could all fight it out from time to time, each trying to gain more influence over Yellasia, enhancing the colonial rivalries already present in Esamir's history. When Yellasia gains independence, that could explain why the Zackalantis flag is so similar. kind of like Ethiopia and Africa, Yellasia's colours became a symbol of decolonisation.

just some ideas.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:24 am

Yellasia wrote:okay, I just read through the basic history of most of the countries here to give the Yellasia RP a bit more direction. my general outline is actually very much consistent with the already established history of Esamir. this RP will enhance the history without contradicting any of it.

of course, we should let it play out naturally but here's some ideas I have that could get more people participating. Yellasia's going to get colonised, that much is already decided 'cause Eurasia's about to invade. we are going to become a colony of the Eurasian Empire (at least Yellasia is; the Low Coalition has yet to be decided for this period until they become a personal union in 1763). HOWEVER, New Tarajan has also at least contemplated colonising the island and Duresia has already made contact with the Yellasians on the island.

From what I can tell from reading this thread, prior to 1840 (the first wave of decolonisation. great coincidence 'cause that's when I planned for the Yellasian Revolution to begin), there were basically three colonial great powers: the Eurasian Empire, the New Tarajani Empire, and the Irish Empire.

History Collaboration Thread - Page 7 RUP5kBi

I think for this RP, Yellasia could be like the most desired possession given our large size and central location (in relation to the three empires). So you could all fight it out from time to time, each trying to gain more influence over Yellasia, enhancing the colonial rivalries already present in Esamir's history. When Yellasia gains independence, that could explain why the Zackalantis flag is so similar. kind of like Ethiopia and Africa, Yellasia's colours became a symbol of decolonisation.

just some ideas.

Don't forget that Zackalantis was part of Eurasia until 1845. We had colonies there too.
    Yellasia
    Yellasia

Post by Yellasia Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:24 am

oops :p

overall though this is good rght?
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:25 am

Also Ireland left the region so there isn't exactly an "Irish Empire" anymore. We had to adapt RP to fit that.
    Yellasia
    Yellasia

Post by Yellasia Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:27 am

alright (I didn't imagine that playing a huge role anyway)

still it makes sense for Eurasia and New Tarjan to be going at it sense the theme (even with SECURS and UPS in modern times) seems to be a rivalry between the two, with competition for Yellasia being a big influence on that (in addition to the established canon e.g. New Zealand stuff, etc. )
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:33 am

Yellasia wrote:alright (I didn't imagine that playing a huge role anyway)

still it makes sense for Eurasia and New Tarjan to be going at it sense the theme (even with SECURS and UPS in modern times) seems to be a rivalry between the two, with competition for Yellasia being a big influence on that (in addition to the established canon e.g. New Zealand stuff, etc. )

So Yellasia will become part of the Eurasian Empire, and the Low Coalition will maybe become a protectorate but will maintain some autonomy, which leads to competitive friction? Perhaps the Yellasians (not sure of the plural) were less receptive to foreign control, but the Low Coalition sided with Eurasia, which lead the Eurasian occupiers to be more favorable to the Low.
    Yellasia
    Yellasia

Post by Yellasia Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:47 am

Yellasians is correct plural.

yeah that makes sense. we'll see if anyone responds to your invasion though and that can influence it as well.

though I think the plan will be for the Low to initially oppose foreign rule, but over the next five decades leading up to the personal union certain events will make the Low seek a more favourable position within the Empire.
    Eurasia
    Eurasia
    Supremacy
    Supremacy

Post by Eurasia Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:32 am

Yellasia wrote:Yellasians is correct plural.

yeah that makes sense. we'll see if anyone responds to your invasion though and that can influence it as well.

though I think the plan will be for the Low to initially oppose foreign rule, but over the next five decades leading up to the personal union certain events will make the Low seek a more favourable position within the Empire.

Okay I can RP it that way. The end result is the same so we're all good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:49 am